5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for little shovel!
Great for the car, great for slicing snow, excels where plastic shovels don't.
Published on December 12, 2010 by N8andM

1.0 out of 5 stars garbage!
I bought three of these sho els for my sons and I to take on a snow-caving overnighter with their scout troop. Both of theirs bent badly where the shaft meets the spade, and they had to severely limit how much they used them. Mine broke there. I took all three back to the store and came out with a Black Diamond T3. Costs twice as much, but will save lives when these...
Published 21 months ago by acdieter

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for little shovel!, December 12, 2010
N8andM (Minneapolis, MN United States) - See all my reviews
Great for the car, great for slicing snow, excels where plastic shovels don't.
It looks like crappy shovel, but it held up to slicing out sections of the 20 inch snow drifts from this record breaking snow dump, the same one that collapsed the Metrodome and effectively shut down the city. It's not good for actually carrying snow, but great for digging underneath a car and moving snow away from wheels, or building a snow cave sort of thing. It has zero flexibility and is very good at carving or spiking through snow. Well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, January 6, 2010
I have received and used the product.

Made completely from aluminum, except for the horisontal handle, which is plastic and it will not be freezing your hands while in use. This is a plus.

Very light, compact, easy mechanism for collapsing / expanding the stem.
It is pretty robust. I do not think it has any week spots, it will NOT break any time soon.

I used it to clean my parking spot. It was comfortable to hold and use.

Under artificial light the product appears orange & black (see above photo), but the actual colors (under natural lighting) are FUCHSIA and BLACK.

I like it! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars avalanche tools, January 14, 2010
great for digging yourself out in the backcountry.I had a plastic one previously ,worked ok but this new one seems much tougher.Doe's not flex and bend like plastic and still light wieght.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, Lightweight, and Compact, November 4, 2012
As far as I am concerned, this is a must-have item for the winter. (Well, assuming you live in a place that gets snow.) I can't tell you how many times I have seen people trying to dig themselves out of a parking lot or something with a garbage can lid, or worse, their bare hands. You can break this down into three pieces, so it's easy to store in your car. Keeping a full-sized shovel in your car simply isn't practical, so this is perfect for emergencies.

According to the package, the shovel adjusts from 25 inches to 32 inches and weighs 1.3 lbs (that's 0.5 kg for our friends in Canada). Despite its light weight, it feels very well constructed. Even fully extended, tall folks will need to be hunched over to use it, but it's not like you are going to shovel your driveway with the thing.

If you are a Costco member, you can buy a two-pack of these for thirty bucks. The item number is 563328. However, you don't get a choice of colors, since the package contains one red and one yellow shovel.

This product is made in China.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little shovel, February 4, 2011
Lene Jensen (On a sillyness thread) - See all my reviews
After "fleeing" my home country, Norway, to get away from the snow, I swore I would never buy another shovel again. But then came the DC winter of 2010. I was snowed in for 3 weeks, and finally had to get out. I got this shovel. It has a handle that pulls out to make it a bit longer, however, it is not a full size shovel. It will help getting smaller amount of snow away in an emergency, but it is not for a full size winter (like the northern states), where you need to shovel every day for weeks. But it comes with me when I go north in the winter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, November 26, 2010
Stiofan (California, USA) - See all my reviews
All aluminum, 3 piece snow shovel, perfect for the back of my Jeep. It's too small for big jobs around the house but just the right size as an emergency tool. Price is nice too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very light weight but strong, April 24, 2011
Not much to say here other than it's a super light weight shovel that can take care of your minor to moderate shoveling needs for when your car gets stuck. Tried it out on a hard ice pile and it cut through with no issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good emergency shovel, February 4, 2011
I bought this to carry in the trunk of my car in case I get stuck in the snow. Very sturdy nice looking shovel. Made of heavy gauage aluminum but still light weight. The shaft of the handle is approximately 1.25 inches in diameter so you can get a good grip on it. The color seems to be some sort of anodizing process; not just painted on. Because of the bright red color you are less likely to lose it in the snow. I am very satisfied with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Shovel, High Quality!, June 15, 2011
A shovel is required for 4 x 4 beach use in my area. This shovel fits the bill perfectly. Most of the portable camping shovels have a small blade. The blade on this shovel is large. The handle extends to a nice length. It's construction is high quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got me through the Blizzard of "13, February 10, 2013
I purchased this a few weeks ago to keep in my car; however, it turned out to be extremely helpful during the blizzard this weekend. When I first started digging out my car with my regular shovel, I realized that the snow was too heavy for me to lift as high as i needed to get it over the huge drifts. I decided to try the Sport Utility Shovel, and it worked like a dream. Though it's much smaller than a regular shovel, I could work a lot faster with it and lift it much more easily over the big drifts. It also fit nicely under the car where the snow from the plows had pack a lot of hard snow. In short, this little shovel was all I used to clear off my steps and dig my car out. This shovel is a great buy. By the way, this is my first ever product review, but I was so pleased with this shovel that I had to write a review.

AAA 4002 Gold Aluminum Sport Utility Shovel