5.0 out of 5 stars Does What It Says
Published on July 18, 2012 by WanJae

3.0 out of 5 stars OK blanket
This blanket is ok. It serves its purpose as a blanket but is not that great for traveling. The snaps that hold it into place the blanket slips out the sides as you are walking. That could be better.
Published 5 months ago by kmattson

5.0 out of 5 stars Does What It Says, July 18, 2012
WanJae (Atlanta GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AAA 4014AAA All-Purpose Travel Blanket (Automotive)
Many AAA products seem fairly cheap-ish, but this blanket is a great surprise. It folds quickly and easily into an excellent carrying package that can be stored in even the smallest storage compartment. The inner side is quite soft and warm, and the outer side has good water resistance. With some care, the whole assembly seems durable enough for general utility -- not just emergencies.

My only complaint is that the longest dimension isn't quite 5 feet, so this isn't the kind of blanket that can cover most people from head to toe. That's the trade-off with portability, I guess.

I should add that when folded up into "carrying case" mode, someone couldn't easily tell that it turns into a blanket. So it has great gadgety "surprise your friends" appeal. Also, in its carrying case mode, it makes a great seat cushion, as long as you don't have anything in the zipper pocket.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Picnic Blanket, October 11, 2010
This review is from: AAA 4014AAA All-Purpose Travel Blanket (Automotive)
I purchased this blanket to replace a similar product that was lost. It is lightweight, doesn't take up much room in the trunk and easy to carry around a zoo or park. Nice to have with kids for a snack on the go. Not as plush as our last one but definitely does the job and is easy to clean.

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy at least 1, January 30, 2012
This review is from: AAA 4014AAA All-Purpose Travel Blanket (Automotive)
This is a good choice for a car blanket: it's compact, well constructed, the vinyl is good quality, the large pocket could be used for supplies, and it's reasonably priced. Folding it back up if you want to use the buckle is like folding up a map: you have to do it just the right way. But just like a map, it's no big deal if you don't!

If you're buying this primarily for emergencies, I'd think about how many people are typically in your car. You might consider having more than one. This isn't big enough to be draped over multiple kids or adults. If you live in a cold weather climate, you probably should supplement this with blankets. Those will take up a lot more space, so maybe the AAA blanket is your year-round accessory and you add something for the winter months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all around blanket, October 29, 2011
This review is from: AAA 4014AAA All-Purpose Travel Blanket (Automotive)
This is a handy and compact blanket to take to the mountains or beach. waterproof exterior and soft interior. I would recommend using a sheet over the interior, if going to the beach. Sand is difficult to get off. I keep in the truck of the car and have it available for any last minute need.

4.0 out of 5 stars good picnic blanket, June 5, 2012
This review is from: AAA 4014AAA All-Purpose Travel Blanket (Automotive)
I purchased this blanket for picnics, park excursions and festivals. It is nothing special or fabulous, but it does the job as a ground covering. The only thing I can complain about is that there is no shoulder strap, just shorter handles so it isn't the easiest to carry on a walk. There is a nice pocket to stash a book or other small items in though. Not a bad purchase for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comes in handy when you least expect it., February 26, 2014
This review is from: AAA 4014AAA All-Purpose Travel Blanket (Automotive)
I'm glad that a friend gave this blanket to me. I have used it for so many uses, it is priceless. I use it as a blanket for sporting events, I have used it to cover my seats from dirty kids and pets, protection from cold seats in the winter etc. The list goes on. It is something that you never know you need until you have it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, January 22, 2014
This review is from: AAA 4014AAA All-Purpose Travel Blanket (Automotive)
I like the blanket. Meets my needs. Fits well in the trunk of my car. Should be a must for winter driving

5.0 out of 5 stars For Picnics or Breakdowns, October 9, 2013
This review is from: AAA 4014AAA All-Purpose Travel Blanket (Automotive)
I live in Alaska and wanted something in my car in case I break down. We never WANT to breakdown but it happens. Since the winters get so cold a blanket is sometimes needed. I like this because it folds and zips up. I like the fleece side. It fits in the rear compartment perfectly so it's out of the way. I also love that we can use it for picnics in the summer. I would recommend taking the packaging of prior to putting in your car. You may not have scissors when you need them and since it's all zipped up it stays neatly in place.

5.0 out of 5 stars does exactly what I want, July 18, 2013
This review is from: AAA 4014AAA All-Purpose Travel Blanket (Automotive)
I can sit on wet grass and not worry about being wet. If it's chilly out, I can wrap myself in it. We use it as a picnic blanket, but decided to buy one more so two people can lay around after a good meal. Great purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have, October 27, 2013
This review is from: AAA 4014AAA All-Purpose Travel Blanket (Automotive)
I love these blankets! I bought 2 and use them for cold soccer games! They fold up small so you can take them anywhere. I highly recommend this product!