Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 23, 2012
This is clearly an almanac written with its customers in mind. Fun and touching stories, a look back in time and up-to-date elements that will helpful, all done with the 50+ crowd's perspective.

I found the section on scams relevant and this information definitively needs to be out there. You will also find details on laws, including tax laws, that could affect you and are very clearly explained.

The diet, health and recipes is one of my favorite chapter. I will bookmark the pages on seasonal first aid for easy reference.

As for the last chapter, *this day in History*, I'll be patient and read one a day. it's always a small pleasure to see how far we've come or what great things we have accomplished.

Maybe not the most earth-shattering, funny almanac but it does a good job.
on November 24, 2012
Might be lots of good info here, but I found it hard to navigate. Could probably use a short intro telling how they expect you to view/use the book, especially for us older folk. Your mileage may vary!
on December 25, 2012
Don't download this if you object to being redirected onto unknown web pages.
These was no warning about this. If deliberate it is just poor form.
I deleted it after the 4th time of being taken to a strange webpage on my Kindle Fire
on December 11, 2012
Almanacs are supposed to be fun and interesting, but sadly this was neither.

The price, however, was right on! Wasted too much time trying to find items of interest.
on February 19, 2013
This booked claimed to have free stuff, scams etc. All it had was a little bit of info and some "this is what happened on this day in history". I am just glad I did not have to pay for it.
on March 6, 2013
I don't know why they thought it necessary to attach "Almanac" to this book.
I looked through it and deleted it from my computer. Its a waste of time.
on November 27, 2012
I agree with a lot of the reviewers; yes it is boring. However, the information could be a lot more interesting/relevant if it was organized by month, rather than topic. I think very few people would enjoy reading this as a book, from front to back, and I don't think almanacs are supposed to be read that way. However, if you take all the info that's currently in this book and organize it by months, I can see it being a reference tool that you enjoy reading at the beginning of each month.

If you just can't get enough of random trivia you might enjoy this book but otherwise I would advise yous skip.
on February 23, 2013
Not worth the download. AARP has done a poor job! I would not recommend this to any person with any type of intelligence.
on January 31, 2013
Very disappointing. Found the book's organization not helpful. A daily or monthly format would be so much more useable. Expected more from the AARP.
on January 30, 2013
this is the most pathetic book l've ever read. this claims to be full of scams, people it is a scam in a way. I cant even turn a page without going online to a picture with 2013 in it. Pathetic. Just pathetic.