Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ABC Products® replacement Sony USB Cable / Battery Charging Charger Cord Lead VMC-MD3 VMCMD3 for Select Cyber-Shot / Cybershot Digital Camera etc
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on January 31, 2012
While I'm heavily annoyed that Sony uses a proprietary cable that they do NOT even apparently sell themselves (meaning your camera is useless if you lose the one that came with it, UNLESS you can buy something else that will work). This cable does work in the WX9. It works for both charging and for picture transfer. It's snugger than the OMS cable that came with the camera. That bugs me a bit because I feel like this one will make the socket a bit looser for the original. On the other hand, in some ways, this snugger may mean a surer connection (or, so far so good). Anyway, this works and I'm satisfied.
on March 3, 2012
The good: works with DSC-TX10, both for data and charging.

The bad: Might ruin the camera's connector contacts.

Why? The camera connector end of this cable only has 5 contacts, as opposed to about 15 in the Sony cable. It is quite likely that the Sony camera and cable use multiple contacts for the charging function in order to allow the required current to flow through the tiny contacts without overheating the contacts. Consequently it is likely that this cable will cause the contacts to run too hot and therefore drastically shorten the life of the contacts in the camera. The lack of the extra contacts won't prevent charging, it will just mean that all the current flows through a much smaller pipe, causing overheating.

Also, the camera end of this cable is much harder to push into the camera than the Sony cable. This also will likely result in much greater wear and tear on the camera.
on July 17, 2012
A little tight where the mini usb connects to the camera, so just be careful hooking it up. Charged up my camera and that's what I needed. Well packed, but it came in a box almost the size of a shoebox. Padded envelope would have been just fine I think.
on May 22, 2014
I lost the original charging cord for my Sony dsc hx9v. This was a perfect replacement. Arrived as expected in minimal packaging. I appreciate that.
on September 24, 2012
it comes up under "replacement power cord for DSC-WX50", but it doesn't fit in the camera! Beware... wasted money there, and i suggest you buy this type of cable at the store so you can check the fit.
on August 14, 2011
I lost the USB plug for my Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W350 14.1 MP Digital Camera. I could not download my pictures without the USB plug. My memory card was full and I did not want to purchase another one considering all I needed to do was clear the one I have.

This product was just what I needed. This is a nice after market replacement. Worked well. Did not come with any instructions but the use is the same as the original Sony part so you don't really need instructions.

Served my purpose.
on October 23, 2011
As advertised, this product was supposed to fit the Cyber-shot DSC-WX5 camera. However, when I received it the replacement did not fit the camera. I am looking for the correct cord now but am faced with return of product - watch out for the model you want this product to work for.
on August 14, 2014
I got this to replace the charger cord for my Cybershot DSC-TX10. It doesn't fit in quite as smoothly as the original OEM cord: I have to wiggle it a little to get it to fit. Once I did, however, I was able to transfer my pictures out of the camera, and the 'charging' light came on, so - Success!

I bought a stand-alone third party charger separately that came with two batteries for $20. So far I'm very happy with it rather than always charging my camera through this cable. Recommend the same for you, if you don't mind spending a few more bucks, highly recommended!
on February 25, 2015
I wanna leave one star because this proprietary cable for a sony camera is a pain. They should have used a more standardized cable like micro usb. But anyway. Its not abc products fault. So 5 stars because this cable works as expected!
on December 26, 2014
GOOD SERVICE, ALTHOUGH WE ORDERED THE WRONG PRODUCT AGAIN. MY HUSBAND HAS A Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX350 Digital Camera, and we've ordered two different cords to charge it; one from two different suppliers, and neither one fits his camera. Our fault, I'm sure. Service was excellent, though.