Published on June 30, 2010 by L. Erickson

1.0 out of 5 stars ABCs of Stretching and Not Yoga for Kids
The book is a great way to teach kids their ABCs. Unfortunately, it's not a yoga book. Many of the poses are made up or incorrect. And even when they are correct, they aren't done correctly. Here is the list:

Airplane - This pose is really called Downward-facing Boat Pose. There weren't any airplanes when this pose was named.
Alligator - This pose is...
Published 11 months ago by subduedjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Introducing Young Children to Yoga (and their ABCs!), June 30, 2010
This review is from: The ABCs of Yoga for Kids (Hardcover)
This is a lovely book for introducing young children (3-8 or so) to yoga poses, and for reinforcing their ABCs too. For each letter of the alphabet, one or more poses are offered, along with a rhymed verse describing each pose, and an adorable illustration of a child doing the position. Some of the poses are presented using the usual English translation of their name, such a Cobra under the letter 'C' or Downward Dog under 'D', while others are renamed to fit in the alphabet theme, like Dinosaur, Flower, or Flamingo. Both the pictures and rhymes are really cute. My kids, ages 4-6, like to do each pose in this book in sequence. However, they also like to just have me read the book, while they look at the illustrations.

Overall, I think this is a great book to get for your own kids, or as a gift for others.

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids love the book., February 27, 2010
G. Schlegel (Orange County, Ca) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The ABCs of Yoga for Kids (Hardcover)
My kids had so much fun reading the book and doing the poses. They enjoyed being able to do the poses on their own because the words and pictures are easy for them to understand and follow. When they were done reading the book and doing all the poses they really felt proud of themselves. A great book!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lot's of Fun, May 24, 2009
This review is from: The ABCs of Yoga for Kids (Hardcover)
True to yoga's philosophy of the unity of life, yoga's physical practice of bringing the body into balance and lot's of fun for kids. We especially enjoyed the Namaste song.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, clear, and simple, January 25, 2011
This review is from: The ABCs of Yoga for Kids (Hardcover)
This book is fantastic. It is clear and to the point. Each letter has a pose or two, either because it looks like the letter but mostly because the name of the pose starts with that letter. The kids (4 and 6) have loved it! Good drawings and each pose has a little saying/poem to describe how to do the pose but you don't really need that you can just look at the drawing. I bought one for my kids and just bought another for a friend's child' birthday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, December 21, 2011
This review is from: The ABCs of Yoga for Kids (Hardcover)
I love this book, I have used it for work (as a pediatric occupational therapist) and at home for my own children. A great way for kids to move and learn the ABC's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book, March 3, 2010
This review is from: The ABCs of Yoga for Kids (Hardcover)
My grandchildren and I have a wonderful time doing Yoga with this book. Itis so colorful, and the poses realte to things chidlren know. I recommend it for everyone. I have fun doing these poses along with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars creative and inspiring, January 3, 2014
This review is from: The ABCs of Yoga for Kids (Hardcover)
This book is wonderful! My 4 year old and I read all the time together, but as of now, he rarely takes a book out by himself. Except for this one. I'll catch him taking this book off the shelf by himself, opening it up and doing stretches/poses for about 20 minutes at a time. He's even started to create his own poses. Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful book for young yoga enthusiasts!, May 3, 2013
ISH (California) - See all my reviews
I love this book and used the paperback copy (scholastic edition) so much with my weekly gymnastic classes that I wore out the spine. This hardcover edition is beautiful and sturdy. ABC's of Yoga teaches multiple yoga poses ( over 40 poses or more!)for each letter and has a charming poem for each pose that describes the body position and movement.The children love to look at the pictures and hear the poems.

The best part is that my students will come up to me later in the week( after gymnastics day) and show me the poses that they learned that week! I highly recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars The ABCs of Yoga for Kids, December 30, 2012
This review is from: The ABCs of Yoga for Kids (Hardcover)
This book is terrific - for teachers, parents, even teenagers just learning about yoga. I use it in class with 2-4 year old students and I bring it home so I can do this with our teenage sons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, December 16, 2012
This review is from: The ABCs of Yoga for Kids (Hardcover)
I use this in my classroom for quick breaks. The kids love it and they have so much fun doing it. Easy to follow and understand.

The ABCs of Yoga for Kids
The ABCs of Yoga for Kids by Teresa Anne Power (Hardcover - September 16, 2009)
$19.95 $16.23