Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: AC Power Adapter for Nintendo Wii Console
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 1, 2011
This adapter appears to be poorly shielded. When I used this adapter there were vertical interference bands that scrolled up the screen (hooked up via component cable). A couple of other reviewers also mentioned interference using different connection types.

Also, the adapter's brick was a lot lighter than the original one.
on April 2, 2011
I should have trusted the negative reviews, this power cord is garbage. After using it for less than 5 minutes it gave out. One of the reviews I read says the box is hollow....they were right.
on November 12, 2015
Blew up in first charge. What kind of quality are these guys producing?!
Could have burnt my house down had I not yanked it out from the outlet.
Started sparking and made loud hissing sounds. Seriously wtf?!
on January 22, 2015
So far so good. I was about to throw out our wii. Kept my fingers crossed and ordered this item hoping to revive it and it worked. I was a little worried by the generic version but didn't have much cash to play around with so i gave it a try.
on March 19, 2013
This power adaptor is cheaply made. It plugs in fine, very light battery, not like original wii adaptor and when I turned on the wii the picture is not of good quality. This adaptor is ok, I bought it for my wii that stopped playing games. I steam netfix from it for my children on their tv. They dont mind it but if you are wanting a new adaptor to replace one that stopped and you play games on it among other things I would spend the few extra $$$ to get the original wii adaptor.
on January 13, 2012
This product never worked! Power never made it to the Wii. Then the connection to the Wii fell apart, with wires loose. Completely unusable. Retun policy was to use original packaging--a flimsy plastic bag that was unusable after being opened. This product was not merely inexpensive; it was CHEAP!
on August 24, 2013
This may be okay with some TV systems that have ultra clean in-home grounding. But this is a very light power supply and the original ones are very heavy. What's the difference? The original houses a true transformer inside. This one is just a switching type power supply. If you have any noise/buzzing/hum/interference issues in your house for any of your electronics products, do not buy this. The noise introduced on my TV is in the form of static waves that permeate the screen and are too distracting to bear. Granted it's a 13 year old RCA actual tube TV, but the old power supply did not do this. Switching-type power supplies are much more susceptible to noise (high KHz whine that can manifest itself many ways) and nothing more than a few rectifying diodes and filtering caps. Crappy compared to a true step-down transformer. I will try to locate some ferrite beads and place them on the output-side cable to see if that quelches this, but I'm doubtful. However for the price, I should have known it would be like this, so it's my fault for purchasing it.

***Edit: The ferrite beads and a better quality RCA cable helped tremendously. You almost can't see the noise anymore. There are lots of them for sale here on Amazon. I highly recommending grabbing a pair for this power supply, then it gets four stars from me. Without it, it stays at two.***
on October 24, 2015
Works perfectly as a replacement for the original power cord for the Wii.

I have been using it successfully for a few months without any signs of trouble. The pack doesn't get any hotter than normal.
on February 23, 2015
Works as good as the original. Now that I have two sets of cords it allows me to easily move my Wi to another room without having to unplug and then plug everything from the back of the TVs. Have been using it for several months with no problems. Highly recommend especially at this price.
on August 2, 2013
I was a little unsure why my wii would not turn on so I thought this was a great first attempt. Worked as soon as I plugged it in. No problems for a few months now