Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 3, 2011
I'm just going to copy someone elses review because the same thing happened to me:
Despite the description saying:

Product Features
replacement for original Microsoft XBOX 360 power adapter. This item does not work for the newest version XBOX 360 SLIM for Kinect
check back of your XBOX console to determine which power supply is compatible
item works with Consoles that require 203W or less

The item I received was labeled "Xbox Slim" and "135W." The sellers for this item listing seem to rotate rapidly. Mine came from "Super Electronics." Returning and buying local to be sure I get the right item.
on February 9, 2013
I received the power cord and plugged it in and the light indicator did not turn on, on the box part of the cord. But to double check i still plugged it into my Xbox 360 and it still did not work. After i sent the seller an email back he didnt not respond to me, and still has yet to do so, and i have now filed my claim to get reimbursed. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS GUY!!!!!
on December 1, 2011
As others have said I received the one for the X-360 Slim... It clearly shows/states how this is for the Xbox 360, not any other addition. Come on Amazon, get with the program.
on October 27, 2010
It works. Don't spend $40, $50 or how ever much Gamestop wants to charge you. If you know the type of Xbox power brick you need, buy it for less on Amazon or thru the web. I got this power supply for a free Xbox 360 my friend gave me(he bought another one and told me that I could have this one which was only missing a power supply). I didn't want to pay $40 at Gamestop and didn't want to order it thru Microsoft. I realized I need the 203W version and saw this product on Amazon. It arrived early and the Xbox works perfectly. What else do you need. I'm extremely satisfied with the purchase.
on September 24, 2008
I got lucky when I showed up to country because the guy that lived in the CHU before me left his xbox 360. The catch? He burned out the power supply by plugging it straight into a 220v...ouch! Ordered this baby, got a power converter, and from there it was plug and play. Product works great, its basically the same one that originally comes with the 360's. No hiccups as of yet and I've had it for a couple of days. If you need a new power supply, I recommend this one for sure.
on September 17, 2013
this overheated and I got the red ring of death on my Xbox about 1/2 hour after plugging it in. It worked until then. When I looked at the supply I noticed it was so hot the sticker had peeled off. Looking at the box right now I noticed there is no company name, warranty, instructions, or contact information of any kind. I expected better of Amazon than to sell this cheap crap from a no-name company. If you buy this, you had better be prepared to buy a new Xbox!
on February 16, 2013
The Picture and description was of a power supply exactly like i needed. The
power supply that arrive was a totally different kind , totally different type and had a totally different plug in connection.
What was offered for sale is what needed. what I got was not as described or pctured. it cost me more in shipping to send it back. I lost a great deal of money on this item and I did not get a power supply i could use and lost out on my money too..
on February 3, 2015
From the moment we plugged it in it was loud which was a bummer since the whole reason we got a new one was to replace our current 6 year old, loud, AC power supply. But it wasn't as bad as the old one so we figured it was better than nothing. Until a few days ago--a little over a month after first plugging it in--it caused the XBOX to RROD. It was a waste of 20+ dollars. Wish I'd gone with a slightly more expensive one the first go around but I didn't realize you could get a bad one. Now I know. I definitely would not recommend this. Our brand new AC power supply just arrived in the mail and is SO much quieter and, the XBOX is working great. Spend a little bit more and get one that will last.
on November 25, 2014
The power supply does work on my old Xenon Xbox 360 (Silver tip power plug, 203w console) it doesn't use a proper grounded 3-prong outlet plug (mains). It runs very hot and spews a smell of burning electronics in the room but there is no smoke. So far I've been using it for about 2 hours non stop and my Xbox runs fine. The original power supply brick i had lasted over 8 years and had to replace it with this one. HOWEVER the SMELL of hot burning electronics isn't reassuring it will last even 8 hours.
on January 18, 2012
Ordered. Shipped free 2 day shipping under PRIME Trial membership. Excited to get back to Skyrim and got screwed over when I opened it up and found and XBox Slim AC adapter. Thanks a lot. Not anything near what I needed. Should have known why there were such an increasing number of 1 star ratings. I went to look at the item again and it showed that it was being sold by E2E, who I thought was different than Super Electronics, but once I added it to my cart and looked at the description it showed it as being sold by Super Electronics. Both have their own stores, but I'm guessing they're the same - don't buy from either until they straighten it out. I've emailed Super Electronics and if I get a response I will post here.