Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

on August 19, 2013
My first "smart" device was a Palm Zire 21. Yeah, it wasn't much to look at, but it did have a number of advantages. It played relaxing games and exchanged data with my computer.

But the input was kinda funny. When I first saw the Graffiti2 input, I thought to myself "shorthand??? I'm supposed to write shorthand to input text?

You see, I write. A lot. Not as much as I used to, but still quite a bit.

But then, once day, after finding "Documents to Go", which allowed me to edit and exchange Microsoft Office files with my computer, it clicked.

Like someone learning a new language, I went from consciously trying to remember the correct gesture to just knowing it.

Not long after, I upgraded to a Zire 71, which opened up a whole different universe. The writing became easier and quicker, and I found myself writing whole stories on that little PDA.

Sadly, in May of 2011, that venerable PDA with the blue housing took a hit to its screen, which broke the LCD layer.

So I went to a smartphone, since I was due for an upgrade. Yes, it cost me more (I'm on Sprint), but I needed the PDA functionality... so I bought a Blackberry Style.

Why? Because it was the only clamshell/flip form smartphone on the market.

And I liked it. Sure, this was the time when developers stopped loving Blackberry OS in favor of iOS and Android, but there were still enough out there to make it worth the price.

But even that finally ended, and I recently upgraded to an HTC EVO 4G LTE, running Jellybean 4.1.1 (according to the diagnostic screens). No more physical keyboard.

So now what? Even with the Blackberry, I suffered from FFS (that's "Fat Finger Syndrome"). Even using landscape is less than ideal. Swype was good, but it's hunt and peck for someone who touch-types on a QWERTY keyboard.

What I needed was some sort of handwriting recognition.

And that's when I remembered Graffiti. So I looked for it, and it was here, and compatible with my phone!

Granted, it's not exactly like what I used on the old Palm Zire line, but it's close...

So it won't be a learning curve, but a RE-learning curve.
on September 3, 2011
As others have said, a must-have app if you've ever owned a (pre-HP) Palm device.

Easily picked it up after 6 years of not using the grafitti input system, and just as easy for a novice to pick up.
on January 14, 2012
I love graffiti, it is my favorite text input method. The makers of this keyboard do a good job of replicating the old graffiti of days gone by. However I regret having paid for the product. The free product pops up an add now and again, its not so hard to deal with. However the paid version will complain and cause all sorts of problems if it can not get to the authentication system. It then completely shuts down the keyboard. If it just popped back to the free mode when it cant authenticate that even would be accessible. But I found most times that it would error on authentication and then just refuse to go on till it authenticated.

Oh on a side note. if you send you device in to get repaired, remember to switch back to the standard keyboard, the repair guys are clueless at many places.

So in conclusion I would up this to 5/5 stars if they fixed the authentication problem.
on December 6, 2011
i like this input , remember it from Palm and it is clever the same way. choose this always without hw keyboard.
on November 3, 2014
I am pleased that I finally found an app that duplicates, to an extent, my Palm PDA experience on my Tungsten E; in fact, I may buy a stylus to complete the scenario.

However, I was mildly disappointed that the app duplicates the original Graffiti software rather than the Graffiti 2 (v5.2p), which, IMO, was the better system.

However, once I learn all the quirks of the original, such as the extra strokes to switch cases, the unique, usually counter-intutitive, way to create each character, and no way to popup an optional keyboard, rather than just a tutorial, I will probably appreciate it even more.
on July 15, 2013
I actually installed this on a couple of Android tablets, one that can use a stylus and one that cannot. There is a little lag on the input but in general it works well. I find the accuracy is much better when I use the stylus but it is still pretty usable even if I use my finger. If you are like me and have a lot of problem with "fat fingering" things on the standard onscreen Android keyboard this is an alternative you should seriously consider.
on December 7, 2011
Now I can keep up with my daughter's typing speed, and she grew up with these gadgets!

I mastered Palm's Graffiti years ago. On my tablet, I just couldn't make my big fingers hit the correct key with any keyboard I loaded. Now it feels so natural. I have no trouble with extended characters either: i.e. * @ " #, etc. Finally!

Again, thank you.
on January 11, 2012
I have been looking for a handwriting app for my Android tablet since I purchased it. I have tried many but were disappointed with all of them. This one is no different. I downloaded it, it shows on my tablet, but I cannot get it to work. It does not show up in the "Settings" menu.

I'll keep trying, but I don't think it's an "operator error."
on February 28, 2013
With all the complaints about soft-keyboards on phones and PDAs I am still shocked this input method has faded from use. The availability of this app is why I picked Android over iPad.

I would like to see support for the improved glyphs from myGlyphs hack.
on February 25, 2014
My current tablet didn't have Swype. I found this program and I am used to Grafitti because of Palm Pilot. Instead of dragging my finger on a keyboard layout, I'll 'write' the characters on screen. A good alternative if you want to write your notes instead of typing.