Features and Benefits
Vent caps are designed to resist acid leakage. Calcium alloy is optimized to produce a fine grain, corrosion-resistant grid to maximize corrosion resistance, increase cycle life and reduce water consumption for battery durability. Robust envelope separators are designed with a puncture-resistant back web with a rib design to improve acid circulation and provide low resistance, which allows the battery to remain cooler to extend battery life. Also available in 7-Year and 5-Year models. 30-month free replacement limited warranty*.
*To the original retail purchaser. Parts only; installation not included. See your local retailer or independent service center that offers ACDelco Parts for details.
- 100 percent pressure tested to help avoid future leaks and for added strength and rigidity
- 100 percent electrical short tested
Find out more about the ACDelco Professional 6-Year Battery and how it fits into the Starting and Charging System with the product facts below.
FUNCTION: Supplies the energy needed to start the engine, provides the current to operate the accessories when the vehicle is not running and protects the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) from high-voltage surges
Did You Know?
Most vehicle breakdowns are due to one of five causes:
- Out of gas
- Stalled/Engine won't start
- Dead battery
- Flat tire
- Overheated engine
1. Periodic mechanical checkups, especially when engine stalling, hard starting or other such symptoms are signaling trouble
2. Regular tire inspection to spot damage, unusual wear or under-inflation that can lead to a failure
3. Seasonal checks and preventive maintenance of the cooling system, a frequent factor in roadside breakdowns
4. Be sure the gas cap is on tight after filling up to safeguard against condensation in the tank. If moisture in the gas line freezes, the engine can stall
Also, having a cellular phone or portable CB radio is of great benefit while traveling.
What It Does
The Starting and Charging System starts the engine, maintains the battery's charge and provides power to the electrical accessories while the engine is running.
Service & Maintenance
Inspect the battery cables and posts for good connections and/or signs of corrosion. Clean them if needed.
Check all vehicle lights - including headlights, turn signals, brake lights and emergency flashers - to be sure they are operating at full brightness.