5.0 out of 5 stars Great! (once you get used to them)
I usually use dollar-store finger nail clippers, but after breaking three consecutive pair, I decided it was time to give a "man's clipper" a try. The results were perfect, after a few minutes of tinkering.

Pros:
Published on April 11, 2012 by Wade Tomes

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so Good
I bought these looking for something a little more robust than the ones you pick up at the corner drugstore. These don't cut cleanly at all.
Might as well chew off your fingernails and use a nail file.
Published on January 16, 2012 by Dale C. Marshall

5.0 out of 5 stars Great! (once you get used to them), April 11, 2012
This review is from: ACE For Men Fingernail Clipper (Misc.)

Pros:
1) Comes apart - When I first received these clippers, I promptly opened the package and went to use the clippers; except to have the whole thing fall apart in my lap. I thought they broke, but as it turns out, the clippers actually consist of 4 simple pieces that slide together very easily. It makes cleaning the clippers very easy.
2) Strong - this thing is STRONG. The distance between the two blades in larger than my previous clippers, and the result is a stronger clip of nails.
3) Looks very manly - I mean, check out the picture! No more dainty silver for me!
4) Rugged - The most noticeable thing about these clippers in how rugged they feel. They have great weight and I'd feel confident throwing them off a tall building (if I ever needed to?).
5) Catches nails (sometimes) - The red plastic seen in the image is actually a nail catcher. I'd say it effectively catches nails a little more than half the time.

Cons:
1) Comes apart - I listed this as a pro above, but in some cases it can be a con. Until you get used to the fact that these come apart, you will undoubtedly accidentally pull it apart on occasion. Putting it back together is easy, but still annoying.
2) Black color is just paint - even after only 3 uses, the black paint near the "hinge" of the clipper appears to be chipping away.

Overall, these are great clippers that I think are going to last a long time. IF they hold up for more than 2 years, I'd say they're worth the price (at the time of this review they cost 3.50 + 5 shipping). I suppose time will tell...

*UPDATE (5/26/2013) - More than a year later, I still haven't had to buy a new pair of nail clippers. These are going strong with about weekly use for the past 12 months!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so Good, January 16, 2012
This review is from: ACE For Men Fingernail Clipper (Misc.)
Might as well chew off your fingernails and use a nail file.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Clippers, October 21, 2011
This review is from: ACE For Men Fingernail Clipper (Misc.)
Purchased these clippers after seeing a review on uncrate.com. I am very happy with them, very sturdy and have a solid feel. The clipping collector actually works surprisingly well. I also purchased the toenail clippers too and am just as happy with those.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are the nail clippers I use, January 21, 2009
This review is from: ACE For Men Fingernail Clipper (Misc.)
I have these clippers and use them all the time. These are big! Probably double the size of the little ones my wife has. They do feel weird at first as the blades are kind of big, but once you get used to them, you'll never go back to another clipper.

2.0 out of 5 stars for cats: GREAT! for humans, not so good..., April 18, 2013
*~==G >°o'.\ (New England }}}}) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ACE For Men Fingernail Clipper (Misc.)
i was excited (well, as excited as one can be about a nail clipper) for these since i found the industrial design appealing.
however, using them is not so easy for me, a bit painful at time. the near lack of a curve on the blades presents a problem for me...the fleshy underside of my nail gets nipped often, a problem i've never had with other clippers.

HOWEVER, the space between the blades is wider than most and these provide a solid crisp cut so they are perfect for cutting my cat's claws.
no joke.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't Buy Again, July 19, 2012
This review is from: ACE For Men Fingernail Clipper (Misc.)
I don't know what to chalk it up too, but these things are seriously annoying. They do not cut cleanly, I can not clip any nail and not have major filing to do after. I've stopped using them. I don't know if most men (positive reviewers) aren't picky about their nails having a flat end? I doubt that though, so the positive reviews are a mystery.

They are a good looking pair of clippers, one reason i bought them, but bummed they can't stay up to the job!

And yea, they're powerful, and most of what other reviews noted, but still with a choppy, scary, mechanism so to speak.

2.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to like this so badly, July 24, 2012
This review is from: ACE For Men Fingernail Clipper (Misc.)
I really did. I bought this about 6 months ago after my cheap nail clipper broke and, being the research and review monger that I am, I ended up with this masculine-looking pair of nail clippers. Maybe it's just me, but this is a horrible nail clipper. The lever provides quite a bit of resistance to being pushed down and, you know, clipping your finger or toe nails. Also, just getting a finger or toe nail between the blades is a challenge. The blades themselves are quite wide but the gap between them is very narrow. This means you end up rubbing your nails against the end of the blade while trying in vain to find the gap. Last night I needed to clip my nails and did not have my clipper on me, so I used my girlfriend's cheap mini clipper. It was the biggest relief.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 Years and Still Going, January 28, 2012
This review is from: ACE For Men Fingernail Clipper (Misc.)
I first got a set of these fingernail clippers in the mail while in Army Basic Training. I have to say they were the most versatile item I owned for those 10 weeks. Rugged and frankly the best fingernail clippers I've ever used. Two years later I'm planning on purchasing a second set as I get ready to deploy to Afghanistan. I would recommend this product to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top grade, February 14, 2014
This review is from: ACE For Men Fingernail Clipper (Misc.)
Great quality and holds your clippings until you are done. The red section is a soft poly material and works well in holding the clippings. I've used it after wash my hands and no slips even with wet hands.

1.0 out of 5 stars would not recommend, January 7, 2014
This review is from: ACE For Men Fingernail Clipper (Misc.)
Too big, bulky and expensive to allow for precision cutting. Design and appearance should be altered drastically to make it more appealing to consumer.

ACE For Men Fingernail Clipper
$11.00 $7.99
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
Rate and Discover Movies