5.0 out of 5 stars A cozy igloo for cold feet
Published on November 13, 2012 by Sushrut Patel

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, but lacking
I usually wear size 10s and size 9-10 M fit the best for me.

Pros: Rubber sole makes it quite durable and grippy. Very comfortable and keeps my feet warm.

Published on January 11, 2012 by D. Huang

5.0 out of 5 stars A cozy igloo for cold feet, November 13, 2012
This review is from: ACORN Men's Polar Moc Slipper (Apparel)
I have generally frowned on slippers, finding them a ugly, ill fitting non-essential in the past for my 9.5 wide feet. As I gracefully age into my middle years, when the the temperature plummets, so does my tolerance for cold feet. This season I had the misfortune of being sequestered in my home walking around in regular socks, around the house for a few days to study for a test. I tried everything but slippers (I had none) to keep my feet warm. Finally I caved in to suggestions. Received these in 'Aztec black', size medium (9-10) from another merchant( I am not sure what possessed me to choose that color/size unavailable on Amazon) and tried them on with much trepidation.

Comfort/Warmth: I felt instant and sustained warmth, just wearing them and sitting on my chair. "are a warm haven for your chilly feet" No misrepresentation there from the manufacturer.

As I walk, my feet feel they are riding on a plush carpet wearing nothing but a good pair socks even when I am on ceramic tile in the kitchen and bathroom as well a much colder concrete garage floor and the warmth persists. My feet are deforming the shape of the slippers, as the uppers easily tolerate varying and omnidirectional stretch as I walk.

Construction: These seem built like a durable, high quality fleece garment, except they are a shoe. The uppers are made of a single layer of thick soft fleece, a ghastly decorative color on the outside and soft black inside. 2 pieces front and back stitched securely together in the center. There is no removable insole, rather the black fleecy stuff continues, and underneath it is softer but not too thick nor firm, semi plush foam mid-sole, with a thin, flexible rubbery out-sole that grips well. There is a suede border that covers the fleece upper where it meets the out-sole, probably adding to durability and protection from bumps, but also contributing to the general unsightliness . I do not feel any support or shock absorption from the foamy mid-sole, not that I was expecting it. I like the idea that they are machine washable, but have not tried it yet.

Fit: They fit like a nice pair of gloves. They are designed to widen naturally, substantially near the ball of the foot area and nicely hug the toes, contributing to the warmth. They are compliant(stretchy) and commodious for my 9-9.5 length large volume feet. I feel no pinching or pressure points. My dad who has more regular size 9 feet also found them very comfortable to walk around in the house, so I guess he will get a pair too in the same size!

Style: Don't get me going....

I rarely give a 5 star review, and am more than a little amused at reviewers who could not safely perform calisthenics on linoleum, found them suffocating hot in Florida summers or unsuitable for strolling around L.A chinatown or realized that these slippers did not live up to their pets expectations of a soft chewing toy!

Here in the soon to be frozen tundra of Wisconsin, they are just what the doctor ordered. They are what they are advertised as: amazingly warm and comfortable indoor winter slippers. They seem durable enough to survive the winter indoors and decorative enough to be hung up on a wall, after a good wash when summer arrives (next to my Aztec calender?)!~!. They seem light and soft, and wont hurt anyone if hurled in anger or affection. Heck, I might get an extra pair just to throw at the cat, if I do get a cat!

11 month Update: Octber 2013: These are made of durable thick polyester fleece, with a suede bumper, and a relatively thin TPR (Thermoplastic Rubber) sole, and kinda feel like a thick additional sock, and still, just as comfy. I wore them through last winter, entirely indoor puttering, some walking, mostly sitting at my desk, tapping them against the computer, and frequently sleeping in them. They have seen some indoor environmental disasters, spills, etc. I hand washed them with dish liquid a couple of times, and dried them against the heating vents. They stayed in the closet from May to through September. They look (and smell) great, but the midsole cushion has flattened and assumed the mould of my feet. Since they lasted one winter, I am now tempted to additionally use them as oven gloves, a "fetch" toy for the neigbor's dog, for cross-fit, tap dancing, snow shoveling, and simply walking the "cobble stoned cities of Europe"

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, but lacking, January 11, 2012
I usually wear size 10s and size 9-10 M fit the best for me.

Cons: The cushion becomes rather flat really quickly. After wearing these for a few hours a day, the cushion has become noticeably flat after just a month of wear. I also wish it would grip my heel a little more. I'm not a sandal guy and don't like it when my shoes flop around. Size 7.5-8.5 S was definitely too small for me, so that's not the issue.

If a friend asked me about them, I would tell that friend to buy it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend this product.

Update - 1.5 Years Later - Update
After about 1.5 years of wearing these on a near-daily basis in the winter months, the bottom has started separating from the rest of the sandal. That's pretty much what I expected, so nothing terribly bad there.

The cushion is pretty much nonexistent now - roughly the equivalent of wearing a pair of socks (or putting on a second layer if you are already wearing socks). I still wear them all the time, mostly for the warmth.

Update - 2 Years Later - Update
These moc slippers are now retired. The rubber sole is now quite slippery, and the bottom is completely coming apart (i.e., you can see the foam padding because the stitching has come apart, and the foam pad has been quickly disintegrating due to its exposure). My review of them remains the same: not bad, not great. They were in optimal condition for only a couple months. I kept wearing them well past their prime and now they look quite ratty. That being said, I do think that 2 years of daily wear would beat up most pairs of slippers.

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit large. Smaller sizes will stretch to fit., January 26, 2012
JackTripleFly (California, USA) - See all my reviews
I wear size 11. The 10.5-11.5 were a bit large on my feet, they were slipping off. I returned them and got the size smaller and they are working great. Nice, fuzzy, and warm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely comfortable slippers in men's size 14-15, November 28, 2010
This review is from: ACORN Men's Polar Moc Slipper (Apparel)
I have huge feet, so it is very difficult for me to find slippers which fit comfortably. I own these slippers in the largest size they make, men's size 14-15, and I find them to be uniquely comfortable yet snug. They are warm in the winter but also very comfortable when the weather is hot. I have just purchased my second pair, and I will continue to buy these slippers as long as they keep making them in my size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tapping His Toes, November 13, 2012
My dear husband has been tapping his toes with happiness ever since his Acorn Polar Mocs arrived. He used to buy a similar type of fleece moc at a well-known retailer, but it has since been discontinued. Boy, was he disappointed. Until I discovered these mocs on Amazon.

They are a perfect fit and comfy soft. Nothing scratchy, and the resilient sole puts some bounce into his step. The fleece is not too warm and seems to wick away moisture very quickly. It's just right for our mild Texas climate. And, they are machine washable. It doesn't get any better than this.

Here's hoping you always carry this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Embroidered Logo In Soul Feels Like a Bug In Your Shoe, May 12, 2012
Todd A. Garrison (San Jose, California, USA) - See all my reviews
Who is the genius who thought of sewing an embroidered logo into the soul of these slippers? It must have been someone who never actually had to wear them. Know that feeling you get when a pebble gets stuck in your shoe? These slippers simulate that sensation perfectly. And if you think I'm exaggerating, then try a pair yourself. You'll regret it like I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultra-comfy., June 20, 2010
These slippers are very comfortable and keep your feet warm, but not hot. Very easy to slip into. We'll see how durable they are as the years progress.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, August 1, 2013
My previous pair of Acorn's lasted over 20 years. This pair made it only 4 months before the sole separated from the body of the slipper. The company will replace them because they are warranted for a year, but I have to pay the postage to send them back and a $5.00 service fee. Find another slipper to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hubby hooked, May 13, 2013
My husband has been wanting good slippers. He keeps buying the Walmart slippers then complains about the fit and comfort. I wear Acorns and swear by them. I ordered a set for him and he is now hooked. We have all tile floors in our rental which is very hard on your feet. These have helped his foot pain tremendously. We will both be wearing nothing but Acorns.

1.0 out of 5 stars good slippers NOT (edit), December 10, 2012
The best slippers I ever had came from Eddie Bauer. They were INCREDIBLE. I wore them so much (to where they were in shreds!) my wife finally put her foot down and said that if I didn't get rid of them, she would leave. I missed that old gal. Then, when the dirty clothes stopped reappearing after I dumped them in the laundry chute, like they used to, I came to my senses. She's back and the slippers are gone. THESE Acorn slippers are a close approximation to those from EB. Good soles for running outside with the garbage at night. (Keeps her loving me. :)
______________
edit one year out...
______________
Well, I should have known that it was too good to last - the slippers, not the marriage.
As some others have complained, the seams have given way after about 9 months of use. I am trying to hold out for xmas to get a pair of some other, more reliable brand. I have been able to add some longevity through the use of gorilla glue. Feels a bit bumpy under my feet though. If any of you know of comfortable and long-lasting slippers, I would appreciate a heads up. thanks.

ACORN Men's Polar Moc Slipper