Published 22 months ago by LG

2.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with arch support inserts
These are really nice, soft comfy slippers, however,
if you use arch supports, they may not work for you.
I placed my arch supports in the slippers and this
raised my foot just enough that the heel kept
coming out of the slipper. I had to return them.
I had no problems with the return. If not for that,
I would have given them 5 stars.
Published on December 16, 2011 by JCH

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST Slippers for Old, Bad Feet- TEN STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, September 17, 2012
This review is from: ACORN Women's Spa Wrap Slipper (Apparel)
I have been wearing these slippers for about 15 years now. I am a disabled senior with very bad feet and have test tried dozens of house slippers and these were the ONLY ones that I could wear comfortably and happily. I go through about 2 pairs a year and wear them from 8-12 hours a day although I am not always on my feet! I don't know what I would do without them. If I try to walk barefoot, with socks on, or with other types of slippers, my feet hurt terribly and I feel as if I will fall. These Acorn slippers really grip your feet AND the floor. The velcro and the excellent arch support are my favorite features. The Velcro fasteners keep them from falling off when you walk and also adjust to the shape of your feet. By the way, I have never had a pair that the Velcro wore out on even after being machine washed! The soles are very durable and have good treads. You can wear them in your yard. I wouldn't suggest wearing them to the grocery store:)
They are also warm in the winter with plushy socks. I wear them with cotton socks in the summer. The insoles are made of memory foam and take months of daily wear to lose their thickness. Best for me, someone with pronated arches, they have a high, supportive arch support. I buy the Natural color which matches everything! These wonderful slippers are well worth the price and thank you Amazon, for the discount! I don't know what I would do without these slippers. I hope that the Acorn company never stops making them. Highly recommended for seniors or anyone with foot issues and especially for house-bound people who wear slippers around the house on a daily basis.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sizing concern, May 1, 2010
GME "Conservationist" (Ocala, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ACORN Women's Spa Wrap Slipper (Apparel)
The slippers are very well made and comfortable. The problem is the sizing. I wear an 8.5 and so I ordered the 8-9 slipper. It was a tight fit. I made the mistake of wearing them that day hoping they would stretch. They did not. The return policy states they can only be returned if in original condition, ie unworn, so I was not able to return them. I ordered another pair in the next size up- 9.5-10.5. They fit well even though they are 2 sizes too big. I would strongly suggest that you order at least one size up if you purchase this slipper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and comfortable, April 19, 2007
Got these for my wife and she loves the way they feel. They seem to be of quality construction as well and are holding up well to wear.

4.0 out of 5 stars almost perfect, November 20, 2012
these are great slippers. warm, well made, very cushiony with great arch support. i even like the oversized look. they are comfortable in every way but one - there is a little elastic on the heel. it sits too low and makes them feel like they are slipping off your heel every time you take a step. and because it slides up and down on your heel when you walk, if you don't have on socks it irritates the skin. i believe the elastic is there to make them hug your foot and not slip off, but it actually causes the exact opposite. if it were about a half inch higher it might work. if not for that elastic, these would have gotten a glowing 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars 85 Yr. Old Mom with Arthritis Loves them, August 30, 2012
This review is from: ACORN Women's Spa Wrap Slipper (Apparel)
My mom has osteoporosis and her feet are painful. She always feels like she's walking on rocks. We've bought many types of comfort shoes and slippers trying to find something she can stand in. Well, these are it. There's enough memory foam cushioning and sole support to make her walking in the house more comfortable. The velcro fastener across the top makes it easy to adjust the fit when her feet swell, and the elastic at the heel ensures they stay on her feet. I am buying her another pair so she can walk outside in them. I would recommend them for anyone with painful feet. In fact, since I have terazzo floors I'm getting a pair for myself to cushion my hard floors. And since they also look like bunny feet, at Halloween I will add ears, a fluffy tail and pretend I'm a rabbit.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are great slippers!, February 13, 2008
The slippers of are of high quality and work especially well for someone whose feet and ankles swell because they are adjustable. The shipping was fast and the package included a catalog of other products. I recommend these slippers to anyone who wants a soft, comfortable slipper with an adjustable strap.

4.0 out of 5 stars Got a great deal and am happy with them, February 11, 2011
This review is from: ACORN Women's Spa Wrap Slipper (Apparel)
I found a great deal on these slippers and was looking for a replacement for my Acorn Chincilla Mule slip-ons that I had completely worn out after about eight years of continuous wearing in Minnesota Winters. My previous ones were by far the best looking and most comfortable warm slippers I've ever owned, but they discontinued them. The sizing is very comparable to the mules (I bought a women's 8-9 and my shoe size is 8-1/2). Note that I bought the Nex Tex Clogs to try them out and the 8-9 is much smaller, so I would have needed to go one size up if I would have kept them. They fit great except for they definitely feel and appear wider than my previous pair. The footbed is similar in feel to my Summer Spa Slides which I also love (but needed to get in one size smaller, 6-1/2-7-1/2, due to them running large on me), but are much warmer which is perfect. I wish there wasn't so much variation in sizing from style to style, but maybe they're just fitting my foot differently than they do on others. I gave them 4 out of 5 only because visually they appear much larger and puffier in comparison to my previous mules, which I don't prefer, and I can also feel a slight slip at the elastic heel when I walk. I had read this in a previous review before I bought them, but I'm guessing I'll just get used to it. The main thing is that they stay on my feet and feel very comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have, March 12, 2010
60Chevy (Madison, WI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ACORN Women's Spa Wrap Slipper (Apparel)
The quality of these slippers is outstanding. The sole is nice rubber with good grip. The safety factor alone makes them worth the price. The tops are thick soft terry cloth, and the adjustable strap keeps them snug on your feet. I know several people (who shall remain nameless) who wear the black ones to go shopping!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with arch support inserts, December 16, 2011
These are really nice, soft comfy slippers, however,
if you use arch supports, they may not work for you.
I placed my arch supports in the slippers and this
raised my foot just enough that the heel kept
coming out of the slipper. I had to return them.
I had no problems with the return. If not for that,
I would have given them 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars She likes them!, October 23, 2011
Casual Guru (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ACORN Women's Spa Wrap Slipper (Apparel)
Ordered these for my wife because I've owned Acorns for the past 8-9 years and they're always comfortable, warm, and last a long time. She picked the style & color and she loves them (as I knew she would. As always, Acorns are highly recommended.

ACORN Women's Spa Wrap Slipper