Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ACSM's Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 22, 2010
ACSM is one of the most reputable organizations for anything dealing with exercise. I am using this book for a class in college and it is perfect. There are great tables, figures, and flow-charts. The book covers everything from risk stratification and risk factors for CVD to different protocols for sub-maximal exercise tests. This book will prepare you for a client that comes to you for the first time having no idea how to start exercise. Once again, great book. Highly recommended.
on July 28, 2012
I really like the size of this book. Easy to carry with me. I've been reading it in anticipation of taking my PT exam. I also downloaded the testing app for my iphone to quiz me on content from the book.
on May 16, 2012
This edition is to replace/supplement an edition I had from college (it has been a bit since college). The book flows really well. The explanations are easy to follow. Anyone who works with clients in regards to exercise should have this book. Having the most up to date edition only makes sense since there have been changes along the way.
on October 29, 2012
Based on this book I could set an organized training program. No more guess in planning my training load. It is very clear is discussing all situations regarding different health conditions. I do recommend.
on April 30, 2013
Let me start of first by saying this is a great book. The information makes me so excited to be a fitness professional. Beware, there are typos in here with some of the equations (page 160-162 there are a few). Just be on your game and use reason and it will be fine. Great way to prep for PTC testing.
on July 11, 2013
This book was very thorough in explaining the guidelines, as well as the tests and the reasoning behind them. Methodology was explained in great detail, and I found it convenient to be able to flip to any given test and be able to find the expected measurements.
on July 1, 2012
An extremely helpful book for all health and fitness professionals. Has a LOT of very useful information about programming, testing, special populations, healthy clients etc. A big plus is that you also receive the e-book provided by "ThePoint".
on February 10, 2014
There was great service, quality, and effectiveness of this product.
Other books tend to take the long way approach, where the ACSM's Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription gets right to the point.
on January 19, 2013
I love this book! I had to buy it for an exercise prescription class I took last semester and it was the most helpful. I still find myself pulling it out and looking things up. Would recommend for any personal trainers or exercise specialists.
on September 25, 2011
I'm so happy I decided to buy this book! It was optional for my class but has proven to be very helpful while I was doing my labs! It has very up to date and useful information. It would help in any basic fitness assessment type of class. I recommend it.