5.0 out of 5 stars At least 5th copy purchased!
Published 9 months ago by Robin G. Brown

2.0 out of 5 stars Better advice on his TV show
His TV show obviously has experts and professional writers helping him with his content. This book is way too simplified and I didn't pick up anything that the show hasn't already stated.

Published 7 months ago by Linda Hamp

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars At least 5th copy purchased!, December 21, 2013
This review is from: ACT LIKE A LADY, THINK LIKE A MAN:By Steve Harvey:Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man: What Men Really Think About Love, Relationships, Intimacy, and Commitment [Hardcover] 1st Edition (Paperback)
I bought the book for my step-daughter and this is at least the 5th copy I have purchased and given away. All of the women I have bought the book for, have read it and enjoyed it and taken Steve's words to heart. This is a must read for our teenage daughters and women, like me, who have been married and newly single. Life changed a lot while I was single after being married for over 21 years and this book helped me understand the errors of my ways, lol. Absolutely the best man manual written by a man!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book. It changed my life, June 23, 2014
I was dating again after being married for 16 years, and the rules had all seemed to have changed. Turns out men in their 40's aren't the same creatures that they are in their 20's, nor are they looking for the same thing they were then. I bought this book for myself in-between my post separation relationships, and it was a true eye opener. I knew men were very different in every way from women, but there are ways that they are different that I hadn't realized. This book demystifies how men think on a myriad of different levels, and helped me to clearly understand when men were only interested for play vs. real. They had been sending me all the signs, I just didn't realize it! They were speaking to me in their language, and I was listening in my language. Neither party realized it. I feel like this book was a translator. I could hear them now!

Whether it be coincidence or divine purpose, the very next man to walk into my life was truly interested. He is now my husband. He did ALL of the things that Steve said a man would do if he wanted to make you his. He did NONE of the things that Steve says that men who are just playing do. It was floored. My man had read Steve's book too - and agreed wholeheartedly with everything that Steve said in it.

I'd recommend this book to anyone. It seems simple-stupid, but only AFTER you read it. Until then, you wonder what the hell you were thinking! It also allows you to gracefully accept what a good man will give you if you're truly interested in pursuing a relationship with him. It teaches you what men think when YOU do something. Lightbulb moment, folks.

2.0 out of 5 stars Better advice on his TV show, February 2, 2014

It did have a few common sense items so I gave it 2 stars. His main point, though, seems to be that we need to please a man and act like his mother in giving rewards for good behavior. If I want a child, I'll adopt one, thanks, Mr. Harvey. I'm looking for a man who will lead with his example of self restraint and love, with strength of character. I ready this wanting to know how to "think like a man" and basically I got that thinking like a man is being selfish and not helping with household chores unless rewarded with sex. Interesting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Steve Harvey Tells it like it is, August 18, 2014
Joyce Derenas (Holden, Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
Fabulous Advice in this day and age of on-again, off-again relationships. This book is great common sense for young ladies 16 years or older. I wish I had read this book before my 2 marriages. Filled with wonderful humor and down-to-earth, smart advice, Steve Harvey does not disappoint. I love this guy and watch his TV show often. This book should be required reading for any senior high-schooler male or female.

4.0 out of 5 stars How does a man think?, November 7, 2013
It's somewhat predictable but I did feel like I got an inside look into a man's brain. I didn't like the mention of religion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great eye opener to the mind of men., May 30, 2014
Our men's club love this book. Most of us have used something out of this book on our man already with success. Personally, not sure if I can get my man to some of the areas I want him to go but been successful so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, May 30, 2014
Had I known there was a more recent publishing, I would have purchased that one instead. Good Advice for women.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, May 1, 2014
This is a great book for single ladies of all ages. Love Steve Harvey and his words are so true!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love SteveHarvey, such a smart honorable man, August 17, 2014
I love SteveHarvey,such a smart honorable man. This book is full of great advice.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for all females......., June 28, 2014
A fast interesting, informative read!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›