4.0 out of 5 stars As fast as claimed, good value for money
This ADATA DashDrive may not be the fastest USB 3.0 drive out there, but according to speed tests using SpeedOut 0.5 and Check Flash 1.16, it is as fast as claimed in the specs (when plugged into a USB 3.0 connector):

41.52 / 18.41 (MB/s)

Published 23 months ago by Maryland Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars short term failure
Published 12 months ago by Lance Hassan

4.0 out of 5 stars As fast as claimed, good value for money, February 28, 2013

41.52 / 18.41 (MB/s)

The DashDrive's READ performance slows down significantly when inserted in USB 2.0 Port, but WRITE speeds remain about the same:

25.97 / 17.32 (MB/s)

The numbers held up when I copied over 2GB of JPGs to DashDrive.

The housing is all plastic, so it's not as sturdy as the extruded aluminum models out there. On the other hand, it's not nearly as expensive either. The capless design is a plus (no caps to lose). On the negative side, the plastic bar provided for a keyring is rather thin and delicate-looking.

Bottom line for me is that the ADATA DashDrive UV128/16GB provides a good amount of storage, in a convenient capless package, that is reasonably fast, for not a lot of money.

If you need a faster (but more expensive) flash drive, take a look at the Sandisk Extreme USB 3.0.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why complain. . .It's a great device and great price, August 4, 2013
I work in IT for my line of work and these work fantastic. The 16G is a perfect size and for $12.99 (how much they were when I made the purchase) is a steal considering they are USB 3.0. UPDATING YOU ON 10/04/2013 : I just noticed these are now $10.79. . .buy these that is a great price.

The quality of the product is fine, nothing made of metal, aluminum. It is made of plastic making it light weight. You do not need a USB to be indestructible, unless you're planning on dropping this device (which can happen but, shouldn't).

I use these both for work and personal for mostly a bootable usb and it works great! the read and write speeds are always going to be better than USB 2.0 I appreciate speed so I chose these because they're less than $15.00 and they're USB 3.0.

UPDATE ON 10/04/2013: Also they're backward compatible if you need to put one into a usb 2.0 port. With my line of work I work on several types of laptops and computer desktops of all types of models that work fine running OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.5, Mavericks beta, Windows 7 professional and Windows 8 (have not tested Windows 8.1 for it yet). The usb stick will read for all of these OS's that I have been able to test. If you laptop/ computer does not read it make sure the usb is not formatted in a way that the OS cannot read it and ensure your drivers for the usb on your machine are up to date.

I have no problem at all when using these for boot stick placing them into a usb 2.0.

1.0 out of 5 stars short term failure, January 10, 2014
I have three of the Adata USB 3.0 drives and none of them work correctly...They work fine in USB 2.0 ports but won't even load in 3.0 ports..,The S107 32Gb was the first to go...then both of the UV128s. I am a sys admin and am constantly moving files and doing bulk transfers and by comparison USB 2.0 is glacial compared with USB 3 so this is a bit more than just an annoyance. This is in a fairly new HP Pavilion, and a new Asus laptop...As I said the drives will load and work in a USB 2.0 but are unrecognizable in a USB 3.0 port...Meanwhile other USB 3.0 drives load and work fine...

5.0 out of 5 stars 30% faster in USB 2.0, October 30, 2013
I know it is supposed to be faster when used in a 3.0 port but even if you don't have any 3.0 ports, it is still a good bit faster when used in a 2.0 port. I've had a dozen 2.0 thumb drives and this drive is an easy 30% faster than my fastest 16 gig 2.0 drive when used in the same 2.0 port.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading is fast, June 12, 2013
Writing is just a little faster than USB 2 but Reading is very fast. The only thing that I do not like is it can't be on the key chain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome. Read it, July 5, 2013
This is a great product. Forget about the normal capability it has. They are the same for any type of flash drive.
Read this one.

I had it in my pant's small pocket. Forgot to take it out. Put the pant into washer and washed it. Then put it in dryer and dried it. I had lot's of file in it and they are all there. I can open them and all the data are there.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, November 4, 2013
handy and work well, small, shape is such that one can find it, meets expectations, fast. I used it on a Mac, plug in and go - transfers data from Mac to PC without problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dead in less then two weeks, March 13, 2014
I really like this flash drive for the few days it lasted. After transferring data with it three times it died (three source computers and three destination computers).
The drive died and computers don't even detect it's there. Sadly I have actually plugged it in more computers testing to ensure it was truly dead then it ever got used. Wasted 30+ bucks.

4.0 out of 5 stars good buy, May 21, 2013
This review is from: ADATA DashDrive Series UV128 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive, Black/yellow(AUV128-32G-RBY) (Personal Computers)
good buy for the money, no problems, provides space needed for all your basis projects. would recommend to any one needing back-up drive.

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed after 2 months of light use, RMA *ALSO* failed after 2 months of light use, April 21, 2014
Purchased the 64GB UV128 in mid-February, drive failed mid-April. Plug it into XP or Win7 boxes, home and at work, the drive will recognize and try to install drivers then fail the install. All ports/machines that I tried other known good USB keys on work fine. Doesn't show up in windows disk management interface or in the DISKPART utility. Starting the RMA process with ADATA and will update review after (or if) that processes.

Update: received warranty replacement 5/27/14 after email they received it on 5/15/14. Will see how well this one lasts. Upgrade to two stars for minimal hassle and reasonable turnaround (given proximity to holiday weekend) with RMA. Will raise to 3-4 if it makes it through another few months of use.

Final Update: The replacement has now failed (07/24/2014) after two months of light use. I'm sensing a pattern. It again will not load in any machine I plug it into. On the first time I plug it into a Win7 machine it attempts to install drivers and fails. After that, I get the tone notifications when I plug it in and unplug it, but nothing else. I'm not sending another large quantity of company data to this manufacturer so they can RMA another piece of junk to me, I'm just destroying it and never purchasing from ADATA again.