5.0 out of 5 stars 512 CPS Tuning Fork works as advertised
I purchased the 512 and 128 CPS forks. Coming from a medical student, these instruments work as they should. It is an essential for neurology rotations and will easily fit in a lab coat pocket.

The 512 CPS gives a clear, consistent tone and the 128 CPS provides good base vibration for neurological exams.

I've had a much better experience with this...
Published on August 27, 2010 by A. Hufton

1.0 out of 5 stars PRODUCT DESCRIPTION IS NOT ACCURATE
Published on April 12, 2012 by Med student

1.0 out of 5 stars PRODUCT DESCRIPTION IS NOT ACCURATE, April 12, 2012
This review is from: ADC Aluminum Alloy Tuning Fork , 512 CPS (Health and Beauty)
This product is NOT a USA made tuning fork from ADC that you think you are ordering. The product you get is a lightweight (even poorly stamped "512 C" and "128 C" in the metal) that comes with Made In Pakistan stickers on it. I bought this product despite seeing some other complaints BECAUSE THE SELLER COMMENTED REASSURING THE PRODUCT WAS MEDICAL GRADE AND AMERICAN MADE. (I don't care where it was made, but being told they are US made, and getting a cheap subpar knock-off was irritating)

Compared to the real ADC forks sold from my school, and Grafco fork from my brother's old med school stuff, this product is sub par and NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE SAME PITCH. The 512C has a much higher pitch- its not a big deal to me if the note is right, but the higher register would be more difficult for some elderly patients and will give you a poor test results. It doesn't resonate as well as the forks I bought instead and it also does not have a pointed base, it is flat. (Especially important with the weight 128C, also poorly made)

Would NOT recommend. Do not buy through BP Medical Supplies. I guess it could get you through some clinicals 1st/2nd year, but I personally will not use them during rotations. (I am not really hard to please, the forks that were delivered are just garbage, I spent a couple dollars more through allheart.com and received ADC products I am very satisfied with)

1.0 out of 5 stars False Advertisement, March 2, 2006
The site states that the product is a "Set of 6 of the most commonly used frequencies contains the following forks: 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, & 4095 cps" I ordered 3 "SETS." When I rec'd my order, there were 3 INDIVIDUAL tuning forks enclosed NOT 3 sets. So, if you're a teacher like I am and are needing a certain number of tuning forks- don't depend on this seller to provide sets!!

1.0 out of 5 stars misrepresentation of product, April 7, 2008
This product is mesrepresented. I ordered this thinking I was getting a set of tuning forks to teach my child about sound and sound waves. I only got one fork.

5.0 out of 5 stars 512 CPS Tuning Fork works as advertised, August 27, 2010

I've had a much better experience with this instrument than one of the combination reflex hammer/tuning fork tools that is often recommended to many med students.

To reiterate what other reviewers have said, these tools are meant for medical practice and in that arena they function well.

5.0 out of 5 stars not for home use... for med students, July 7, 2009
If you're a med student, and you need this for physical diagnosis, this is your tuning fork. Cheap, hasn't broken (yet?), does what it is supposed to do.

Really unsure what other people are using it for... but it'll get your Rhinne and Weber tests done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, June 9, 2011
Well as both a med student and a classical pianist I can tell you that it is, in fact, a middle C, and not only that, it does work to check vibration sense (dorsal column/medial lemniscus, anyone?!) for diabetic neuropathy or sensory loss.

And beside that it is cheap and does the job.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer BEWARE, April 30, 2009
They show an image of the tunning forks with case and then sell you one tunning fork which is inferior to any product I have every receieved. Don't buy from them if you can help it!

1.0 out of 5 stars read reviews before purchasing, December 30, 2009
Unfortunately I was in a rush to buy a Christmas present for my child's teacher. We came up with the idea of a "set" of tuning forks for the Sound Unit he was teaching. We saw the price, we saw the product picture, and we ordered it. Usually I scroll down and read reviews before purchasing, but I didn't this time and I am sorry I didn't. As previous people stated, I was annoyed that I received only one fork when thinking I was getting a set. Now I am stuck because it will cost me money if I return it and I would be out a fork and shipping. Amazon needs to revamp this product description and picture because it is misleading. The set is actually in the 50 dollar range not 5 dollars. So if you were to order, READ CAREFULLY to ensure that you are purchasing EXACTLY what you think you are ordering. This is the first time I have ever been dissatified with a purchase through Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid tuning Fork, December 15, 2009
Thomas Edison (tenafly, New Jersey United States) - See all my reviews
A lot of people in my class have TERRIBLE tuning forks that came with their kits. This is a SOLID tuning fork for doing the muscle/proprioception exams. I really like it.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT for Medical Testing!, February 1, 2011
This tuning fork can NOT be used for the Rinne or Weber Tests. The vibrations and are too subtle. Neither my wife or I could appreciate it. The sound is very very low. I would not recommend this for medical tests.

PS. made in Pakistan. I don't know if its relevant, just a note.

ADC Aluminum Alloy Tuning Fork , 512 CPS
$10.93 $6.85
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.