5.0 out of 5 stars GoPro Clone; Excellent Action Cam.
You're not going to be shooting videos that look quite like the videos seen on GoPro commercials, but then again you're not going to get that with a GoPro either :p

Published 3 months ago by Andrew Cardell

1.0 out of 5 stars Selling Fake SJ4000 Beware!
Item I received was NOT an authentic SJ4000, but one of the many Chinese clones flooding the market. Weatherproof case, menu appearance and more give it away. Photo depicts a correct and authentic SJ4000. However, the one I received has an external clear case that is noticeably larger and cheaper. I have an original SJ4000 and the difference is obvious. Beware!
Published 2 months ago by Frank

5.0 out of 5 stars GoPro Clone; Excellent Action Cam., June 27, 2014

I purchased this action camera after coming back from a music festival where a close friend of mine had a GoPro Hero 3 (I think). After watching the videos he took of the festival and comparing the quality to those shot from this camera by someone on youtube, the only reason I could think to spend the extra $200 on the GoPro would be for its WiFi capabilites (the sj4000 doesn't have WiFi). After 3+ days of shooting nearly everything I can with the SJ4000, it's not the best footage I've ever seen, but for an Action Camera that shoots 1080p video, is extremely light, shoots for 70+ minutes, comes fully stocked with all the attachments you'll need, for less than $100 you can't go wrong.

**UPDATE JUNE 30, 2014**

I was able to show that same friend of mine with the GoPro the SJ4000... He couldn't believe the deal of the camera. "Its like better than my GoPro!" was something that he said when playing with the SJ4000. He is now considering selling his GoPro and buying one of these guys. He said having the screen on the camera to see what your shooting to be extremely beneficial.

1.0 out of 5 stars Selling Fake SJ4000 Beware!, July 29, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Save some money, get the same functionality...or close!, May 5, 2014
James M. Hare (Western South Jersey, USA) - See all my reviews
I bought the GP/White a few weeks back but returned it after determining that for my purposes, we wanted a zoomable, more video-oriented camera. I don't do a lot of skydiving or mountain biking, so I didn't really need an "action cam". But then reviews and browsing around led me to this little guy, a $100 alternative to the $400 high-priced spread.

Shipping was about 10 days or so, and you can't believe the tracking info all the time - today, it said, "Out for Delivery via USPS, expected delivery June 3." Got here perfectly fine. It appears shipping is the one wild card when you get this guy.

I'm charging the battery up right now, but a few video and photo tests have confirmed that all the functions work - various video resolutions, timers, sequencer all work, the photos are not bad, keeping in mind the "fisheye" aspect of the lens. This is not a DSLR replacement camera, by any means, but the photos are fairly even and straight in the center, so you could crop out the distortion if necessary.

I did find one minor 'feature' - when wired from a computer USB port to the camera, it opens the micro-SD as a hard drive in Windows, but you can NOT use the camera while it's connected this way - although the battery appears to be charging. If you plug into a USB port that's mounted to a 120v AC outlet, then you CAN shoot video and take photos while the battery is charging. Since others have mentioned that they have to take the microSD card OUT to view the videos and images, perhaps it's a firmware difference.

If I run into any major glitches in the next few months, I'll update this review, but for now, this seems to be a bargain at 1/4th the price of a GoPro.

Oh, one other thing- the AC adapter is for NON-US outlets - not sure if it's European or Asian or what, but it's NOT for the standard 2-prong USA 60hz AC systems. But you can BUY little plug-in adapters with USB outlets almost anywhere, so it's not a deal killer by any means.

Give it a try!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, May 9, 2014
Hello everyone!
I have bought this camera like a week ago approximately. I have been using it since then and it worked without any issues at all. As you can see in the description it records at 1080p, pictures at 12 Megapixels, and other nice features.
Something that I loved is the fact that this waterproof case has glass lenses allowing you to record amazing videos underwater.
For those that don't know, that was a big issue for the gopro hero 2 because it had plastic lenses so the videos underwater were trash.
Full compatibility with gopro accesories which is great because gopro has A LOT of accesories, so yeah we got 'em too.
Talking about the menu I would say that is extremely easy to understand, I needed 3 minutes to understand everything perfectly.
Do not use other charger, you need the same electrical tension, that I think it was 1000Amph's.
the screen has an amazing resolution! That's interesting because I thought it would be trashy, just as a small aid.
So my final veredict is very obvious, I recommend it 100%.
Hope you like this review and that it is helpful for you 'll

5.0 out of 5 stars BETTER THAN GOPRO, July 22, 2014
This review is from: AFUNTA New Waterproof SJ4000 Helmet Sports DV 1080P Full HD H.264 12MP Car Recorder Diving Bicycle Action Camera 1.5 Inch LCD 170°„Wide Angle Lens Outdoor Waterproof HD VCR/CAR DVR/Camera G-Senor Motorbike Camcorder DVR w/ 8GB Memory Card (Black) (Camera)
dude this works amazingly!!! my brother has the gopro h3 and this afunta wiped the floor with it in underwater(freediving/scuba diving) and in snow activities......we have been testing both of them against each other, and me, my brother and friends all agree that the afunta is a better buy for only $95 its $200 bux cheaper. and even if they were the same price I would still buy the afunta.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera! Pros, August 4, 2014
Great camera!
Pros:
Small
Light
Tough
Simple
Has a view screen
Has a speaker
Seems nicely built
Comes with many accessories
Actually takes good photos and videos
Cons: Most of these are probably simply characteristics of this type of camera
Lens: it is sharp, but it is a fixed focal length fisheye. That is the sort of lens used on this sort of camera. For this type of camera it is great, it takes in approximately the same field of view as does a human eye, it need not be aimed with huge precision, it is lightweight and compact and tough. however, it does not zoom (the 4X zoom is digital cropping) so what you see is what you get. Bear in mind that the lens is apparently a fast 1.8 f, to get that sort of light gathering with a longer focal length takes larger diameter (heavier and bulkier) glass. The lens also produces barrel distortion as is intrinsic to this type (very short focal length) lens. Most of this can be removed in Lightroom or similar software.
Lens: It really is sharp, it is also fixed focus. There are both good and bad aspects to this. Again the lens is smaller and lighter and tougher than variable focus. Also, that hunting around that autofocus systems do during video - this lens does not. And being of very small focal length, and also due to relatively small sensor the lens is in good focus from quite nearby out to the stars. Only con is that you cannot get all creative with intentional fuzzy focus.
Lens: no iris, all exposure is done electronically. Only con is that you cannot open lens up to selectively defocus: but with such a short focal length you could not anyway!
Small screen, it is only 1.5". However in that most cameras of this type have no screen at all, this is a bonus!
Speaker not very loud: it is loud enough that you can review a video in the camera. Most POV cameras lack speakers entirely, so this is not a huge con. Actually, any louder speaker and audio amp would just require a larger battery to feed them.
As you can see, the cons are actually design compromises.
I like mine. It has operated precisely the way that the instructions and various videos on You Tube state that it should. It takes nice videos. It also takes pretty decent stills! Indeed, I took a shot of a juniper tree, dumped it into Lightroom where I made minor adjustments to sharpness and contrast only, converted to Black and White, made some barrel distortion correction, then cropped off the now curvy edges. People have told me that it is art!
The thing is very small and light. I have made a case (I know it comes with a waterproof case, I wanted a ready case for hand held use and without scratching the WP case' lens) by rolling cardboard into a tube. Camera fits into my pocket and weighs sonear nothing.
It is not perfect, nothing is. it may not be the camera for you, the lens is probably the deciding factor. I like its lens. Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Dive Camera, and more., July 21, 2014
R. Norris (Seattle Wa USA) - See all my reviews
Great camera and LOTS of accessories. I bought it mainly for diving and have had the camera to 150feet without incident. The camera takes great video and comes with the LCD screen built right in. Some features that the Go Pro has are not here such as wi fi but really a small price to pay.

Loving it..

1.0 out of 5 stars Well it looks like the camera I just received (AFUNTA New Waterproof SJ4000 ..., August 8, 2014
Well it looks like the camera I just received (AFUNTA New Waterproof SJ4000 Helmet Sports DV 1080P Full HD H.264 12MP Car..) was one of the fakes. According to the information on the internet the overly large case is a dead giveaway. The two spare batteries I also bought (Suncoģ DREAM 2 OR SJ4000 Action Video Camera Rechargeable Battery-2 pack) are too large for this camera and are apparently designed to fit the slightly larger battery compartment of the authentic sj4000. Of interest is that there was no typo on the front of the packaging and there are metallic screws on the front of the plastic housing which are supposed signs of authenticity. It looks as if the counterfeiters are getting more savvy. In any event this camera is going back and I'm going to try and find a reputable dealer for this camera elsewhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice camera good quality but...., June 12, 2014
Be aware of GPS signal interference ... I own a garmin edge810 and I lost GPS signal when camera is in range --aprox 12" --- other than that camera performs very well, video is sharp with right exposure... A lot of accessories included with package( except suction cup) I definitely recommend it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome camera!, July 21, 2014
I have always been anti-Go Pro and always look for a cheaper camera that will do the same, the SJ 4000 may not have all of the technical video quality of the Go Pro but if you are just posting to you to this will do the trick. Having the screen on the camera allows you to see what you're shooting, and 1080 P at 30 frames per second looks very good on YouTube. The 720 P is not really 60 frames per second is 30 frames per second times 2. So if you are looking for a video camera that is cheap and takes great video the SJ 4000 is the one for you.