5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing camera, April 21, 2012
G. Jefferson "Garson626" (Los Angeles, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AG-AF100 Professional Micro 4/3 HD Camcorder (Electronics)
This Panasonic camera is a real breakthrough. I used to work for Sony in Japan, who are the other leaders in professional video cameras, but I really don't think they can compete with the AF100 on price, or specifications.

I would advise potential customers to be careful where they buy this camera. I have never felt ripped-off by Amazon, even if a few other companies can equal or better the price. If I want to get this review published, it seems I have to be careful about how I refer to competitors. A New York company that considers itself to offer the best price photo equipment (put in capital letters and you'll know who I'm talking about) offers this camera for a few hundred dollars less. Be warned. Unless you are very strong-willed you will be talked into buying hundreds of unspecified extra dollars and receive an un-itemized receipt, if you specifically ask for it. The advertised camera price does not appear anywhere on the invoice. Not like Amazon, unfortunately. As I said, I have never had a bad buying experience with Amazon. Beware of shady cut-price dealers, unusually common in New York in my experience. When I actually named that company and listed what they did to me, Amazon blocked my write-up. So read between the lines.

BTW it's a fabulous camera and worth every penny that Amazon charges.

5.0 out of 5 stars High end camera for low end price, October 27, 2011
This review is from: AG-AF100 Professional Micro 4/3 HD Camcorder (Electronics)
I sold my $25,000 pro video camera and bought this with extra lenses, matte box, slider, lights, even a Steadicam, etc. A great move. I've had this for about five months now. Shot docs, commercials, small features. It's much smaller size makes it far easier to travel with, and it's great depth of field gives you lots of creative options. Great bang for the buck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Quality, August 2, 2011
This review is from: AG-AF100 Professional Micro 4/3 HD Camcorder (Electronics)
I have bought this video camera three days after it was available in the market, though it took me sometime to receive it. It has excellent futures, 2x XLR inputs for professional stereo sound. Very good in low light conditions and it doesn't have the antialiasing problems that DSLR's got. I also owe a Canon 5D but if you are more into filming than photography it is thumbs up from me!

5.0 out of 5 stars This camera is my baby!, March 22, 2012
Bad Mo Fo (Inglewood, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AG-AF100 Professional Micro 4/3 HD Camcorder (Electronics)
I'm old school, I'm all about film. Real film! However, I had to make the jump into digital video. I've played around with various cameras, but never was comfortable. I love the image and ease of shooting. Downloading footage is simple and easy despite the warnings for FCP users like myself. Besides, I'm not throwing down $90K for an Arri Alex so this camera is perfect for my needs of short films and a features. The one thing that one must be aware of is that the sensor size doubles the focal length of whatever lens you use, i.e. 45-200mm lens becomes a 90-400 mm lens. I haven't seen it projected on a wide screen yet, but that is my next test. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Grey Market Camera with NO VALID WARRANTY---- Love the camera. Don't trust the seller., March 5, 2013
K. A. Henson (Chicago, Illinois United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AG-AF100 Professional Micro 4/3 HD Camcorder (Electronics)
You WILL yell if you buy from BIG VALUE..... They sell GREY MARKET PANASONIC. You will find this out when you try to register for the warranty!!! Hope nothing goes wrong, because I just spent almost 4,000$ for a camera WITHOUT a warranty...... So if you want a warranty, good luck. And their reviews indicate some problems with return items never being refunded. ; (
To BIG VALUE:
I would like YOU to pay for a 4 year SQUARE TRADE WARRANTY, as you have cheated me out of my extended warranty that would have come with the camera. Anything else is unacceptable, and I will continue to post feedback on Amazon indicating how you deal with this issue. - K. Henson
That said, I DO love the camera!!!! I will just have to pray that nothing is wrong with it, or happens to it down the line. Unfortunately, this model has been discontinued, and the price seemed good. But another professional photo store does have the camera with a VALID warranty. SO for $452 I gave up a 3 year warranty. Please put the "kick me" sign on my back.

But....... with most electronics these days, you may never need to see a repair shop. I'm crossing my fingers and going to treat this baby like the precious item that it IS. What IS nice is that it came with Barry Green's book- so that's a bonus.

The camera is good size, with slightly heavier rear, but once you put a lens on, it will even out. I already have one Panasonic lens which works perfectly, and other Olympus Micro 4/3 lenses that came with my EP1 which work nicely, but are "noisy" sounding when they autofocus. I just got the camera yesterday so there's quite a learning curve, but Barry Green's book is a GODSEND. Will update this review for the camera info as I break myself in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection, July 25, 2011
This review is from: AG-AF100 Professional Micro 4/3 HD Camcorder (Electronics)
I love love love this camera. It shoots low light so well at 3200 ISO. I have 4 lenses I use. 3 Nikons and the 14-140mm Lumix that came with it (only through specific dealers). The fact that you can use any lens just by snapping on the correct adapter makes this camera a beast. I have heard refered to as the "SLR Killer" I have a Nikon D3000 and I will say this. I will never be using it to shoot video again. The Af100 is so much more surperior in every way.

I have only had this camera for 3 days now. I haven't even begun to immerse myself in it. But everything I've shot so far looks like gold. I def recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantabulous movie camera, April 22, 2012
This review is from: AG-AF100 Professional Micro 4/3 HD Camcorder (Electronics)
Although I am not very familiar with digital movie cameras, I have used domestic camcorders and video-capable DSLRs. This camera is awesome, tho not particularly easy with only the maker's supplied manual to go by. I would also highly revommend the Panasonic AF100 book by Barry Green, also available on Amazon and essential reading. Not cheap at around $85, but an essential addition to the Panasonic manual.

Amazon's price is extremely reasonable. There are a few dealers who advertised slightly cheaper prices, cheaper by a few hundred dollars in a few cases. Tread with great care if you are tempted to go there. I would strongly advise avoiding that route, You'll be lucky to get an itemized invoice; even their advertized price of the AF100 won't appear. Beware. They're slick talkers and unscrupulous bussinessmen They may offer to sell you best price photo equipment, if you chose to go that route, be very careful. With Amazon you get exactly what you see. It's honest, nothing more and nothing less, except peace of mind. And goods you can return if you need to.

Try returning some of the dreck you were bamboozled into getting to go with your awesome AF100 and you'll find just how reluctant such "cheap" dealers are to accept returns. Way to go, Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, especially for the price!, March 28, 2012
tk "TK" (STUDIO CITY, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AG-AF100 Professional Micro 4/3 HD Camcorder (Electronics)
I am shooting feature doc and bought this camera for shooting it. I also own a canon 7D and have had MANY issues with the 7D (aliasing!!! and generally a lack of film friendly functions). The AF100 has all the usual camera functions anyone who used the HVX is used to but the image is far superior. Out of the box the image was quite noisy even at low ISO's but with a bit of research and tweeking of the menus (and doing a few black balances) the image is now very crisp and not noisy anymore. I recommend this camera!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first Pro Camera, March 8, 2013
This review is from: AG-AF100 Professional Micro 4/3 HD Camcorder (Electronics)
This is the camera I learned how to operate all those video buttons and controls.

Get the 60p upgrade through your local Panasonic dealer.

I use with Nikon Adaptamax Adapter (so you can control aperture!)
and Voigtlander 17mm & 24mm primes

Pros:
Very Light!
Great sound control
Top handle!
Internal ND filters

Cons:
Sensor still created pretty conspicuous rolling shutter

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 18, 2014
This review is from: AG-AF100 Professional Micro 4/3 HD Camcorder (Electronics)
Item arrived exactly as described and in perfect condition.

AG-AF100 Professional Micro 4/3 HD Camcorder