Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

on October 20, 1999
I bought this unit as a replacement for an ageing JVC reciever,and was impressed by the range of audio and video inputs available (including digital optical input),and the outright power of the unit, which is capable of delivering cinema realism from a wide variety of sources. As a pure stereo amp, It's as clean as anything I've listened to and has a direct audio facility which negates all processing artifact to deliver a pure, unadulterated sound from the amplifier.Surround setup is a breeze, and the unit does not require a pilot's licence to operate.
on December 12, 2004
I bought this receiver for $250.00 (CND) at a costco surplus store in 2002. I am not sure what year this model was made, but it has mostly worked. Good sound for what it cost, but in the next few years I was seeing Sonys with S-Video and Component video on sale for the same price.

My biggest complaint is that the front video 3 stopped working a few months after I bought it, but this is minor considering there are 3 others that still work.

The remote is huge and hard to operate, but it does work with my no-name CD player i bought at a garage sale (likely made in the early '90's).

A decent receiver for what I paid but with newer models with DTS and component video switching I would not buy another one today unless it was used for a cheap price.