Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Size: 6 oz|Change

on March 21, 2014
Recently after a haircut, my stylist used this product on my hair and I let it air dry. My curls were well formed, not too big or floofy, and NO frizz. I decided to buy my own bottle and I haven't been disappointed. I don't like how it feels if I use a hair dryer, but it's nice for the days I let my hair air dry. Also, a tiny bit crunchy, but I'll take crunchy over frizzy any day. I would NOT brush your hair after product has dried--when I have it hurts and my curl is destroyed.
on December 12, 2012
I've been using this product for a few years. I have thick, curly, frizzy hair and it really helps keep the frizz down and define my curls. Even works well during humid days. I wouldn't use it if your hair is thin and curly 'cause it may weigh it down too much.
on January 4, 2014
I was treated for my birthday 8 years ago to a really upscale salon. The hairdresser used this product for my new style, and I kept going back just to purchase this product--and I finally found it online!
AG Recoil is the best curl/wave enhancer I've ever tried, and it has a great fragrance.
on October 2, 2013
The product I was previously using (and really loved) was discontinued so I was in search of something new to use on my wavy/curly hair. One of the reviews for the product I was using indicated the AG coil activator worked even better and since I had nothing to lose, I decided to give this a try. Imagine my total surprise when I found this to be superior product! I even went back and used some of the old product which I still had and found it didn't work as well as this.

I apply a bit of Kenra Curl Glaze Mousse and then follow that with the AG coil activator. I lightly blow it dry with a defuser while crunching the hair with my hands. The result had been wonderful. I now have "curly" hair (vs. wavy) and I have received many, many compliments, including from strangers coming up to me in public places. The two products in combination allow gentle curls without frizz that hold up all day. There is no "crunch" to the hair and any frizz that I normally have is gone. Another bonus is just how small an amount I must use to achieve the results. When travelling recently, I put this in a 3 oz dispensing tube so that I could carry it on the airplane. After 2 weeks, I had well over half the bottle left. A wonderful product that does exactly what I want it to do.

It was pretty ironic as well that my husband who has course, thick, largely straight hair ran out of his styling gel on the trip and used this in desperation. It actually held his hair well too, even without the curl.

I truly hope this product doesn't get discontinued since I will need to purchase enough to last several years if it does.

ETA on 3/10/14: I was on a vacation for 10 days and didn't use the Kenra Curl Glaze Mousse before using this product since I was trying to minimize liquids in my carry on. While the products work slightly better in combination, this one by itself was just fine plus my hair dried more quickly with only one product on it.
on November 26, 2012
I used to use TIGI Catwalk Curls Rock (for about 10 years). When they changed the packaging (and the formula) and had a difficult time finding a replacement. This was definitely the solution. It has a light vanilla scent, but not overpowering and actually nice. I'm not a fan of vanilla, but this was great. Gives my naturally curly hair great hold without making it stiff. Definitely converting to this as my new favorite!
I've been wanting to try this product for awhile since I've read such great things about it, and I'm so glad I did. I have very fine, thick, wavy hair that gets really frizzy because of the large amount of (colored/highlighted) gray hair I have. This product really does keep the frizzies away, and it brings out the waves and curls in my hair so well!

Since fine hair can get weighed down, I don't use a leave-in conditioner with this as another reviewer suggested doing; instead, I rub about a nickle-sized amount between my palms to spread it, and then I apply it into my wet, shoulder-length hair. I do this in the shower, and scrunch it into my hair while I'm bent over. I then apply a bit of hard-hold gel (I use Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee Farouk 34 fl oz / 1000 ml gel, which is also Curly-Girl friendly), and distribute that over the Re:Coil. I then plop for a bit in a hair turban, then clip my roots and diffuse with my Tourmaline Tools 1059 by Hot Tools Professional Tourmaline Ionic 1875 Watt High Heat Portable Salon Dryer dryer. The results is lots of volume and tons of waves that last.

As mentioned, this is Curly-Girl friendly, if you're following a no-sulfate and no-silicone routine.

Since you only need a small amount, I can also see this lasting a very long time.

It's definitely one of my new Holy Grail products!
on June 27, 2011
This product is great for wavy hair!! I have, I guess 2c hair, which is rough wavy hair that likes protein and lots of deep and leave in conditioner. however I haven't been able to induce any real wave in my hair for a while. I've been using the deva line (deva care condition and deva curl no poo) along with their gel and protein gel(the b'leave in). especially in this Southeast humidity, all i had was frizz by the end of the day. no matter what i tried, i would start out looking liek a lot of product and then end up with frizz. i thought my curls were gone. Then I tried this product. I still swear by No Poo, and then I used a lot of deva care one condition in the shower and as a leave in. I then added quite a bit of the ag recoil and let it air dry for a bit. my hair was so heavy that i diffused for a few minutes on high heat, low setting. this was at night, so i let it dry a little longer then put it up in a pineapple. the next day, i shook out my roots a little and added some deva set it free to the ends and just to reshape slightly. my hair looked amazing!! really soft and beautifully defined waves ending in some corkscrews. i play with my hair a lot at work but it still had plenty of wave at the end of the day. also got caught in the rain and that brings out more definition. i love this product now. i just need to use clips at night to give a little more volume, but otherwise i was so happy with it. it brought back the curls i thought i had lost!!
on July 14, 2014
I'm someone who spent her entire life thinking her hair was straight and frizzy. It wasn't until 6-7 years ago that I realized that my hair can be curly and nice. The difference was made by a total shift in my haircare routine (no silicones, no sulfates, no brushes, no terrycloth towels--- naturallycurly.com has a lot of great info if you want to learn more). A cornerstone of this routine has been Re:Coil curl activator.

I spend a lot of money on overpriced products for curly hair, and I can honestly say that this is the most irreplaceable item in my haircare routine. It would be nice if I could find a cheap, drugstore product that would do its job, but I have never found anything that could substitute for Re:Coil. I have been using it for years. I take a small amount (size of a couple of peas for my THICK, medium length hair) in my damp hand after I shower, rub it around in my hands to emulsify, then push up my very wet curls with my hands to distribute it. I follow up with gel (faves are Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee, or Moptop or DevaCurl AnGEL for a lighter hold) and either plop into a tshirt or manually push up curls with a microfiber towel. Voilà-- springy, nicely separated curls. Everyone I know who uses this product has become an addict. An addict with nice hair.
on January 4, 2014
I use this to keep large curls from separating into many little ones. The gentle vanilla fragrance doesn't overwhelm. My porous hair really absorbs product, so in order to avoid creating hard curls, I dilute with water for natural-looking spirals. I like that the flat cap top allows storing on other containers, saving space. Never a bad tube over 10+ years.
on March 28, 2016
I have 2b/c hair which in the past has changed to 2a. I have used different curling products with different success in the past and have been using this one for about a year now. I love this one! I use about a nickel size amount in my hair and scrunch it and end up with beautiful curls. I do try to scrunch with it a bit more wet, not sopping wet, but more than damp and it works great. I also find it very moisturizing and curl defining.