4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price
Published on November 9, 2012 by jeflea2768

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't get your hopes up
I purchased two of these for my kids and have noticed multiple issues with them, same ver of android but different issues when running the same app.. example: Temple run will work on one but not the other, angry birds star wars will run on one but not the other.
Published on November 19, 2012 by J. Sorrell

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price, November 9, 2012
This review is from: AGPtek® 7 inch Android 4.0 Capacitive Touch Screen Tablet PC (Wi-Fi G-sensor, 800*480, 1GHz, 512MB DDR3, 4GB built-in Capacity, Front Camera, Support 3G 3D Game 1080P HD Flash 11.1 & Multi-language) (Personal Computers)
Not a bad product. The battery indicator/life was very glitchy at first but following the directions in the booklet it corrected itself. Not the best battery life but for the price it works. Next the gsensor is a little off when going from portrait to landscape mode, perhaps it was just mine. Finally it freezes from time to time, just give it a few seconds and it will come to. All in all I am very happy with this purchase. Speaker is a lot louder than I expected, battery is about what I expected, screen clarity is great, touch response on the screen is great. Plays videos good, great for ebooks, also plays most games without an issue. If your looking for a decent tablet on a budget, I suggest this. **Also it comes rooted stock, download SU from the market and get the SU updater, you now have root access**

4.0 out of 5 stars replaced tablet, December 2, 2012
Ok here is my newest review. I just received my replaced tablet and while I am soooo a fan of Apple because of the simplicity of it, this tablet is worth what I paid for it and then some if the life of it exceeds a year. It is more difficult to surf the web, it is not always accurate when trying to touch on things. It does have a lag time but eventually gets you where you are going. I like the smaller version of the full size tablet, it is light and I hope it works for my mother as a reader. Had a hard time downloading amazon app to it, will try tomorrow. I am glad I didn't pay more than I did, probably not worth more than $100. But for the price I paid, $59 (?) for it. The reviews looked good when I got it, they look less than good now. Overall I like it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't get your hopes up, November 19, 2012
Followed manufacturers instructions and charged the battery for 6 hrs. then completely discharged twice... one tablets battery never gets past 75% charged and drains very fast.
Perhaps I am being harsh due to being used to my Nexus 7 but these are way slow and I am afraid the kids will lose interest as they are very choppy and have a lot of lag.
Plus side, if they drop them or submarine them I am not out of a lot of cash...

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad quality, January 19, 2013
Pros:
Runs Android 4.0 ICS
Google play comes per-installed
Good Wifi Connection
fairly smooth doing light task
Can run videos in 1080p

Cons:
VERY short battery life. Most of the times you get 1.5 hours 2 at Max fully charged
Battery take forever to charge. ( I have had mines charging over 7 hours now and it at 48%)
Touch pad stalls very often
front camera only

Overview: Good for young kids to experiment on. I charged mines with the ac port after which it has never charged again from that port.
Left it overnight charging with the USB when i woke up the battery said full, when i did turn it on it was at 35%???
Discharged it fully and put it to charge once more its now at 45% been charging for 6 hours. This is not a good investment for yourself>
If you have means of returning this product hassle free you can take the chance. Otherwise you would just be disappointed

4.0 out of 5 stars This is actually quite decent, December 27, 2012
It is a tad laggy (though with use it seems to "warm up"), and the ports need to be widened with a pocket knife, but all in all, it is a decent Android tablet at a great price. Everything I have tried on it works.

3.0 out of 5 stars One of the best cheap tablets I've seen, March 13, 2013
Pros: Capacitive multi-touch (more responsive than resistive)
Very good price
Feels like good construction
Battery life is good (may vary, apparently)

Cons: Charges using a proprietary charger, not micro-USB like I'm accustomed to
See description of WiFi bug below (I don't know if it affects all units)
Screen resolution is pretty low. I'm spoiled on post-Retina pixel density.
Speaking of screen, the viewing angles are not great.
No GPS or 3G
CPU and RAM are not great
There is a little plastic sliver in the corner of my unit. Made me think the screen was cracked for a few minutes after I unboxed it; it's purely aesthetic and doesn't affect touchscreen or color in that area.

Reading the cons you may get the impression I don't like this tablet; don't get me wrong, I do like it. The cons are things I can definitely live with. I like the heft of it, it fits neatly in most 7" tablet cases (it's a little shorter length-wise than "standard" I guess) and the colors of the screen are ok. Battery lasts all day (unless I'm using it pretty heavily) which is better than my smartphone. I do NOT like the charger, I have a lot of micro-USB cables, chargers, adapters, and batteries that do not work well with it. Now I have to carry around an extra charger and it's frustrating.

2 notes that I haven't seen mentioned and may help someone:
TF CARD slot on the back is for MicroSD cards. T-Flash, Trans-Flash is a very old name for MicroSD, you don't need to find a card that is "TF-compatible" just use regular MicroSD. Took me a while to figure this out, the documentation is less than helpful.
Sometimes when toggling WiFi on, it will stall. I can get it to connect by toggling WiFi on and off a few more times, but after I do so if the screen goes to sleep it never wakes up. You can get out of this situation by power cycling it (hold down the power button until you hear a little "click" sound and then turn the tablet back on). Not really a big deal, it only happens like 20% of the time when I enable WiFi.

Also, some people have noted that it's easy for kids to break. I don't know how accurate this is, I've been very careful to keep my 3-year-old from dropping it when I let her play with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars awesome for kids, December 21, 2012
considering that my 7 yr old isnt an computer expert this tablet is definitely worth the $$ for a child. after downloading some apps i couldnt get off the thing myself. nice speeds great pics!! saved $$$ bought 3 for the price of 1 ipad!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Stay away!, December 18, 2014
This tablet is worth what you pay for. Meaning, this tablet fell 3 feet from my entertainment center to my carpeted floor 3 weeks after I received it. The charger broke inside of the tablet, and the prong slid out when the tablet was turned on its side. Now, the new charger barely charges it, and you can't use the tablet at all while it charges. Told my finacee he should have saved the extra money and purchased a known brand tablet. The warranty would have lasted longer than this one. Takes about 2 months to finish a claim with them becausr you have to pay for shipping over seas to China. No air shipping, just sea (as read on their website). Save yourself the heartache and buy a Tab 3. Giving this one to my nieces who will break it in a month. About all it's good for now.

5.0 out of 5 stars WORTH IT BETTER THAN A IPAD WHY U ASK?, March 4, 2013
COST, EFFICENCY, COST. THIS machine is used by a 10 yr old that has made a app on google app world of our Bichon licking the screen that has more than 1000 dwnlds. He did not need my help getting started all i did was charge it and it was easy to connect to any wifi we come in contact with. He does it all with ease. If you have a issue it only can be with the cord a tad short but there is nothing to complain about. It hooked up to a keyboard and unfortunately the keyboard went south but the tablet is worth every penny and for the cost of a Ipad I can still buy my son a laptop and some games for the Wii. I am pleased and blessed with something my son will be using in school with pride.

1.0 out of 5 stars not what I was looking for, May 16, 2014
this tablet wouldn't rotate and it was not what i was expecting at all. extremely cheap merchandise didn't meet requirements.