5.0 out of 5 stars GLAD WE BOUGHT IT
My son's XBOX 360's DVD drive stopped working (we would put a disk in and it would say "open tray" even if it had a brand new disk). We chose to replace the whole drive rather than just a part of it because it seemed so reasonable in price to do it all at once. (Other parts were +\-$12 each depending on what was wrong with it.)

After reading another customer's...
Published 17 months ago by Amazon Shopper

3.0 out of 5 stars Used but ok
Was used not new like listed. Showed some signs of damage. But worked ok for what I needed it for.
Published 7 months ago by Greg May

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars GLAD WE BOUGHT IT, February 7, 2013
This review is from: AGPtek® DVD Drive For Xbox 360 Lite-On Dg-16d2s Philips (Personal Computers)

After reading another customer's review that they fixed it themselves, we decided to give it a try.

One choice was to "flash" the drive - which involved getting the broken drive's KEY CODE off of it (via the computer) and putting it on the new dvd drive.

We chose to go the other route - and take the OLD MOTHERBOARD (which contains the KEY CODE) from the broken drive and install it onto the NEW DVD DRIVE. It required desoldering and soldering the connective wires - for which we found a tutorial online. Since then, I read one person's (veng3nce2k)suggestion to get around the soldering: "you can save yourself the soldering and just cut the wires in the middle and twist them together using electrical tape to secure it" at: [...]

BOTTOM LINE: SUCCESS! We were able to figure out how to replace the broken DVD DRIVE with the NEW DVD DRIVE and it works!! The XBOX 360 is up and running. EASY BREEZY! YOU CAN DO IT, TOO!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Used but ok, November 26, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken/Damaged, September 13, 2013
I bought this 100% new item to put into my xbox b4 the new gta5 came out, opened it up and the green chip set was totally broken, resoldered horribly and hotglued, too late to wait, soo much for a 100%new bad seller!

5.0 out of 5 stars Switch A Roo, July 7, 2013
Got this, opened it up and swapped the optical drive with the one in my X-Box and I was back in business with no crazy Flashing or such.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked wonders., May 23, 2013
Now all my games work no problems! and it was simple to replace in my console. I haven't had any problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fit, May 15, 2013
I bought this to repair an Xbox 360. It works perfectly, all I had to do was swap the main board from the existing drive into the new one I ordered and it was good to go.

2.0 out of 5 stars bad laser, February 15, 2013
Got the new drive today and the laser didnt work. swapped out the one from old drive and it works. very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, February 7, 2013
its a pefect item, I needed for my xbox because my drive went out, Im glad i could find it at a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, January 17, 2013
If your changing a disc drive in your xbox remember to change the mother board on the back to. it wont work without it

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked Just Like OEM, January 13, 2013
Kevin (United States) - See all my reviews
Seamless installation... just like OEM product, one note of caution for others, be careful taking apart XBOX and be patient when soldering... check out YouTube for advice.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›