Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now

• Chess
  • Customer Reviews

on December 10, 2012
My son and I love this app. It is great on both the tablet and the phone. The options are kind of funny, and there is really only one great theme, but the game play is great and I love the option to show valid moves for teaching my son.
on December 19, 2012
This is your basic Chess game - at least that's all I play it for, to play against the computer. There are other game modes, but I am not that knowledgeable of the variations of Chess to care to play those other modes. The graphics look good and the game play is smooth and very playable. It's fun and I enjoy playing it.
on January 8, 2013
My grandson who is 8 is learning the game. He knows how the pieces move but doesn't have a strategy. I like the feature that allows you to get a hint on what would be a good move. My 4 year old grandson can also play and feel included because of the feature of resting on a piece and showing where it can move. He will ask to play. I think it is a good for all levels of players.
on January 1, 2013
I find I have long stints of free time very rarely. Instead I have many short gasps of availability from day to day. Those gasps are filled in with Android games a lot and now they are filled with pretty Chess and that's it. It really works great but sometimes the AI makes really stupid moves even at the higher levels. At higher levels, even with those mistakes, it is not easy to beat.
on December 20, 2012
Love that you can choose different board colors and piece appearances. I'm not a chess expert so I just play on the easiest level, but there is also an option to make it even easier by removing pieces of your opponenet.
on January 22, 2013
You know what you're getting here - it's an implementation of Chess. What you might not know is if you try launching the app without an internet connection, it will refuse to launch, so for example this app is useless if you wish to kill time on a plane or in a car without a mobile data plan.
on April 1, 2012
Very challenging at level 8-9 and excellent graphics. The AI has a glitch that allows me to win 90% of the time if I use a weak-side castle and strong-side pawn charge toward the defense's castled king (usually with a knight or bishop sacrifice). This does not work on more powerful computer. One feature I really would like to see is the ability to arrange the board and then play. I like chess puzzles but cannot replicate them with this program. Can't beat the portability though.
on January 2, 2013
I've seen a lot of chess apps spring up on iOS and Android, but most of them are dreadful because they have bad navigation and extremely small, distinguishable pieces. This app is easily the best of them all. The pieces are distinguishable, the menus are nice with smooth animations, and the chess AI is fluent and extremely hard to beat at Level 10. Overall, this is hands-down the best chess app there is on Android.
on January 2, 2013
No bells and whistles, this is a simple straight forward chess game.

For someone like me, who wanted to learn this awesome game, there is no better app available.

you can make slight alterations to the game to make it more challenging or easier and the infinite undo option is good if you want to go back to review your game.

All in all, a good app.

Shyam
on November 8, 2012
AI Factory's Chess helps complete my collection! I already own their Backgammon and have always been impressed with that AI engine as well as the Chess engine (works on probability, not checking every move in advance). I am slowly purchasing each of their apps to replace the free versions I have, all by AI Factory, of course.

The game play is smooth and honestly, I have no recommendations or complaints that others have not mentioned (but I'd like to iterate being able to setup our own scenarios).

If you are looking for a great game supplier, I highly suggest you stick with these guys; if you need to see it with your own eyes, download the free versions.