Top positive review
43 people found this helpful
A nearly perfect chess game with no excessive permissions or bloatware.
on November 8, 2012
What can I say about the great game of chess that hasn't been before? It is the granddaddy of all logic games and is incredibly addicting. It is also very easy to learn and almost impossible to master.
The Android version created by AI Factory Limited is an almost flawless transition of chess into the virtual realm. My only complaint is the little smiley face button on the main menu that lets you get other games from the developer and lack of online play. But really, those are very minor issues as the rest of the package is simply awesome.
- Minimalistic graphics and sound that don't detract from the game.
- TWO PLAYERS VS on one device! This is phenomenal!
- Great AI at the higher difficulty levels.
- Lots of ways to customize your playing field, you can change everything from the actual pieces to the board colors.
- Options that will allow you see legal moves, undo moves, display coordinates, etc. If you can think it, it's probably here.
- Smiley faced icon on the main menu that allows users to purchase other games from the developer. Not too terrible, but annoying nonetheless.
- I found nothing that I can consider as "ugly" in here.
App - 5/5
Permissions - 5/5
Combined - 5/5
This app really is a great value at $.99, and a must download as today's free app of the day. Even if you don't know how to play chess, the legal move option along with some YouTube videos will take care of that. There really is no excuse not to download and try this epic app!
Thank you AI Factory Limited for releasing such a great game, and not loading it up with unnecessary permissions or junkware like scoreloop! I hope it does well enough to warrant constant updates, including better AI and more board/piece options!