5.0 out of 5 stars Prius UPS
We live where cold winters are expected and three-day power outages too common. Many residents have gasoline, propane, or diesel standby generators. We don't. Our radiant heating system relies on electricity for an oil furnace and water circulation, and it is nice to have refrigerator, TV and computers working. Some items may be sensitive to non-sine wave power...
Published on December 8, 2009 by B. Johnson

1.0 out of 5 stars This inverter is JUNK!!
Published on January 15, 2011 by Master electrician

1.0 out of 5 stars This inverter is JUNK!!, January 15, 2011
This review is from: AIMS 1000 Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter
I bought one of the AIMS 2,000Watt continuous (4,000W surge) "pure sine wave" inverters for around $400.00 bucks to power up some lights, fridge, and oil fired furnace during power outages. The inverter could barely run my fridge alone!! AND it generates so much RF noise, forget turning on the TV!! I installed a noise suppressor which did help, then upgraded to a Magnum Energy MSPAE4048 It was well worth the extra $$$. If you want a decent inverter steer clear of the AIMS junk... If you want a cheap piece of crap, that you'll be disappointed with - I've still got my AIMS 2KW inverter and can give you a good deal on it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Prius UPS, December 8, 2009
This review is from: AIMS 1000 Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter

Our Toyota Prius has a 202 volt "traction" battery as well as a 12-volt auxiliary battery that is kept charged by a DC-DC converter. The traction battery is kept charged by the internal combustion engine (ICE) optimized for such use. At rest (assuming the power switch is on) the computer monitors the state of charge (SOC) and other parameters, running the ICE to keep the traction battery charged to a satisfactory level (40 - 80%).

At present the inverter is in the Prius' cargo area hard-wired to the auxiliary battery terminals. There is a 120 amp fusible link in the Prius' circuit to the DC-DC converter, so it is advisable to limit current to the inverter to less than that. There is a 100-amp fusible link in the positive cable to the inverter but I plan to substitute a DC breaker and polarized plug-socket disconnect. In operation the car and inverter are turned on, and a heavy extension cord connected to the home heating system circuit though a switch that disconnects grid power to just that system (otherwise hardwired to the grid). Other appliances are connected via extension cords. In addition to making sure that total connected label wattage is below 1,000, AC amperage draw is sometimes monitored with an inline meter (keep below 8.5). The Prius is in our garage with an exhaust hose to the outside away from windows and doors (and we have a CO2 monitor in our living area). The ICE goes on to maintain SOC and at least one internal temperature, and we stay warm, entertained, and on-line! To prove it could be done, we have used the inverter to power an electric weed whacker along our private road! This set-up won't run anything requiring 220v (water well, electric range, dishwasher, etc.) nor typical laser printers, microwave ovens, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Aims 1000 Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter, October 18, 2010
This review is from: AIMS 1000 Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter
This product is doing everything it was advertised to do and, thus far, doing it flawlessly.

1.0 out of 5 stars dont buy it, May 11, 2010
This review is from: AIMS 1000 Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter
This is capable of running the same appliances that a modified square wave inverter is. Electronics ....NO!!!. Am sorry I bought it and more sorry I paid so much. Buy a power bright inverter instead. This thing pours out rf.

1.0 out of 5 stars Aims 2000 watt Inverter, June 4, 2013
This review is from: AIMS 1000 Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter
I bought two 2000 watt pure sine wave Inverters from Aims..one lasted 13 months. just running lights and small loads.
the warranty was 12 months and they would not help me at al.

the second 2000 watt Aims Inveter lasted 24 hrs..just running some LEDs.
the Inverter locked up, and will not operate.

that inverter is now 2 years old...23 months plus...new in the box on my shop shelf.

I doubt Aims will do anything...( again )...

So I guess I'm done with them, if they don't help me.

AIMS 1000 Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter