5.0 out of 5 stars Great, versatile device
Published on September 13, 2011 by Experienced product user

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as handy as I thought it would be
For the money, I should have bought an adapter set. This device is not threaded and so you have to apply constant pressure with one hand to keep it attached to your pump or air hose.

Published on August 13, 2012 by Willie V. Hughes

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, versatile device, September 13, 2011
This review is from: AIRHEAD AHAD-1 Air Daddy Adapter (Automotive)
I bought the Air Daddy to inflate two fitness balls: a medium 65 cm and a small 55 cm ball. The Air Daddy connected easily to my bicycle tire pump. I inflated the two balls fairly easily, in a few minutes. I stopped often to measure the circumferance of the balls, so it doesn't inflate them so fast that you have to worry about over inflating. I keep the Air Daddy on the bike pump and remove it when I need to use the regular bike pump. The Air Daddy is just right for filling fitness balls, and I'm glad I got it. I haven't used it for the other types of inflatables.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Kwik Tek Air Daddy does the job!, February 8, 2011
GloryGuide (San Antonio, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AIRHEAD AHAD-1 Air Daddy Adapter (Automotive)
I was looking for an easier way to inflate my kids sports balls from my air compressor. At first I was not sure the Kwik Tek was what I needed. The description lacks a lot of detail, so I took a chance.

My air compressor has the typical air inflator for putting air in tires so a needle for a ball won't engage the valve to start the air flow. So I was always trying to jam something in there to get the valve to open to inflate the ball, but it was really an exercise in futility.

The Kwik Tek from Air Daddy was exactly what I needed. It comes with an extra needle that threads on the output side of the valve so you have an air tight connection. Then the top or input side of the Kwik Tek has what looks like crosshairs that engage the valve of the air inflator; eureka!

It also makes it easier to insert and remove the needle from the ball because it has the two "wings" that make it easy to grip with your hand to pull or push the needle.

Overall I think it is worth the price just in the hassle that is saves. I can also use it to inflate inner tubes (the ones that you normally have to blow up with your mouth) for when the kids want to go swimming.

I give it four stars, since I am not completely confident in how long it will last. It seems well made, but being 100% plastic does cause you to wonder. I hope this review helps explain it's possible uses better than the description.

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful product, October 5, 2010
This review is from: AIRHEAD AHAD-1 Air Daddy Adapter (Automotive)
The Kwik Tek Air Daddy is essentially a custom plastic accessory with a Schrader type valve on one end and various tips on the other end. You remove different sections of the working end to fit whatever you're trying to inflate. The products seems well built, but it seems a bit pricey for what it is. That said, if you're like me and are always hunting for your adapters, it can definitely be worth it.

One minor complaint... the input Schrader valve is made of plastic, and so I'm not sure how long it will hold up.

Written by Arthur Bradley, author of "Handbook to Practical Disaster Preparedness for the Family."

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as handy as I thought it would be, August 13, 2012
This review is from: AIRHEAD AHAD-1 Air Daddy Adapter (Automotive)

I've never in my life seen a "Boston valve" so if you take into account the types of valves you'll actually see, this device has only two functions: (1) inflating sports balls with the needle, and inflating beach balls with the fine point adapter. There are better adapter sets which are far more versatile. Again, my biggest complaint is that the inlet is not threaded which is just totally impractical.

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived quickly and worked perfectly!, December 25, 2012
This review is from: AIRHEAD AHAD-1 Air Daddy Adapter (Automotive)
Kwik Tek Air Daddy worked perfectly! I used it to air up an air mattress and in minutes it was inflated and ready to use.
It arrived very quickly. I will use this to inflate many things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inflatable bed., August 27, 2013
This review is from: AIRHEAD AHAD-1 Air Daddy Adapter (Automotive)
I used this to inflate an inflatable bed with a cigarette lighter tire pump in the car. this adapter allowed it to work

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised, September 20, 2011
This review is from: AIRHEAD AHAD-1 Air Daddy Adapter (Automotive)
This product is NOT compatible with Halkey Roberts style valves. The product description is not accurate. This device is essentially a blow gun that also has a needle attachment. Not very useful.

4.0 out of 5 stars keep holding this..., November 30, 2013
This review is from: AIRHEAD AHAD-1 Air Daddy Adapter (Automotive)
It adapts low flow pumps to high flow valves, but has no threads for the pump end, which is a problem with pumps that require threads.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works - what more do you need to know, December 14, 2010
This review is from: AIRHEAD AHAD-1 Air Daddy Adapter (Automotive)
I bought this mainly for my exercize ball but have found other uses for it. Good quality product. Fast delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 9, 2014
jpsoutlook (Orange County, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AIRHEAD AHAD-1 Air Daddy Adapter (Automotive)
totally works with air compressor, hand gets tired though

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›