Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: AK47 STOCK BUTT PAD RECOIL PAD by COI
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 5, 2011
This pad adds about 1" to the length of pull. You can reuse the original wood screws on the butt plate. Installation takes about 1 minute, and the fit is pretty good - not "custom" quality, but not bad - it depends on who made the stock. My recommendation would be to leave the metal butt plate on, and put the pad on top of it. Between the added length and the recoil absorption, my AKs much more comfortable to shoot, even with my old shoulder injury.

The pad has a hole to allow access to the butt stock cleaning kit trap, which is nice. The hole is almost an exact match to the trap cover, which means big fingered folks will have to use their little fingers to depress the trap. Also, the cleaning kit is a very snug fit coming out - going in is no problem. This means the kit may hang up coming out, but a few raps on the bottom of the stock will get it out far enough to grab. The best part is, you won't be losing it accidentally!

I have three of these, on three different makes of AK. By themselves they make all of the rifles more comfortable, and when combined with a recoil buffer they have little more felt recoil than an AR. For most people not used to the deliberately short stocks of the AK series, the extra length of pull is a benefit as well. I would highly recommend them to anyone.
on November 23, 2010
This if fit perfectly onto my Romanian WASR 10/63 AK-47 Wood Stock. Used the existing stock screws. Better recoil with Rubber than a hard Metal Plate!
on January 10, 2012
The pad effectively eliminates shoulder/cheek bruising. Based on my before and after scored targets, my accuracy has improved 140%. The AK is now a pleasure to shoot.

When mounted on the buttplate, this fits my WASR-10 wood stock almost perfect - no unsightly gaps or sanding/grinding required. The screws secure the pad firmly, so it feels like part of the gun.

The cleaning kit is a little tricky to get out, as the holes in the butt pad and stock do not line up perfectly. But with a little practice you can learn to pop the kit out fairly quickly.

The pad does increase the length of pull by approx 1.5", so it will require some practice mounting the rifle until you develop the proper muscle memory and comfort.

Overall, I give this product 5 stars.
review image
on November 4, 2011
I have tried several different makes of butt pads for my AK and this is the only one that actually looks like it belongs on the gun. The fit is even all the way around, you can use the original steel buttplate and screws with it and it adds @ 1 1/2" of pull to the stock.... and it also stays where you put it. Too bad I'm only allowed 5 stars, extremely satisfied.
on April 24, 2012
I have no complaint with the product or the seller. In the picture, the pad looks a bit smaller than the steel butt plate. That was not my experience with my milled Polish AK. The pad is exactly the same size and there are no gaps between the two. The original screws worked ok. Push down on the driver when turning and the two steel sleeves in the pad will move toward butt, the original screws should tighten ok.

As far as recoil is concerned, I don't find sufficient recoil (yes I know that's subjective) in the 762x39 to warrant a "recoil pad" but additional length of pull is another matter and that's where this shines.
on January 15, 2011
Real nice ak recoil pad. Fits perfect. Original screws will work with the ak pad. You don't even have to remove the metal butt plate. That should add another 1/8 inch to the ak recoil pad. Highly recommend it. Great product. Great quality.
on July 10, 2012
I love shooting my AKs but I don't like the length of pull. This extender screws on right over the stock buttplate with the existing screws. It also has a hole so that buttstock cleaning kits can be accessed, and it doesn't change the appearance of the rifle too dramatically. It increases the length of pull perfectly for me (6' tall male with average length arms). It doesn't do much for cushioning, but the AK doesn't have much recoil. If that's an issue for you, consider a padded slip-on. Basically, it's inexpensive and will increase shooting comfort greatly, and it won't fall off like some other slip-over pads.
on June 17, 2014
First the service and customer support by the vendor were great, they got a star added for that. However, the screw holes int the recoil pad did not line up with the holes in my stock. Even if they had been lined up, the holes in the recoil pad were too big for the butt plate screws, they dropped right through the hole. It seemed like a great idea, just poor execution.
on February 28, 2014
I'd rather have hockey pucks thrown at me than use this piece of junk, I could make a better recoil pad out of anything compered to this... hard as a rock and is not worth is weight in dung. I found a slip on recoil pad at my local gun shop that fits my needs better.
on June 3, 2011
Pad fit my WASR 10/63 AK47 like a glove. Gives you an extra inch and 1/2 stock. Highly recommend for those of us with long arms. lol