Industrial-Sized Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now Tikes

on April 13, 2008
I have been using this product for a couple of weeks now, and I can already see the results. My only regret about this product is that I didn't know about it sooner. The ab exercises are amazing with this product, and you can work all the muscles with different movements. I have never been able to work obliques effectively, however, with this product, I can target them directly. Two weeks only, and I can already feel the results.
Short version: this is one piece of equipment that is a must-have for a home gym.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2009
the Akrowheels are great. sturdy construction, good value. I went to local hardware stores to try to make it myself, but it would have cost about 20bucks more! Some fitness equipment really is unnecessary (can easily use household items) but these are tough to substitute. A chart or list of exercises would have been cool, but playing around w/ them, it's easy to come up w/ about 7 different movements - enables good variety of exercises from a seemingly simple product.
on January 7, 2009
Works great for pushups, flys, ab rollouts and much more. You get a great core workout and it is fun to do.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2007
Where have these been all of my life?
This product is great. The DVD and brochure gave me the direction I needed, but since I started using a couple months ago, I now have an Akrowheels exercise "library" of at least 100 moves... and it's so fun! The sky is the limit with these and the flexibility it provides lets you really be creative. For me, the Akrowheel is a throw back to the days when it was actually "fun" to work-out... you know, think hula-hoop, jump-rope, or skip-it. I am a yogi, and the wheels are great for yoga moves too, like downward dog, upward dog, and side stretches because you can stretch farther with the wheel. It takes just about 20 minutes a day I would say, and is portable which is a plus. If you don't have room to store a big exercise machine like I don't, the wheels take up less room than a folded yoga mat. I think that beginners through advanced levels of fitness can find a program with these that suits their fitness level because they are pretty adaptable. My goal was to get rid of my "love handles" tone my arms into a womanly shape & within 2 months I am already seeing the results. The instability of the wheels have really helped my abs. I don't think that it is too dangerous because you can always modify exercises on different surfaces, only use one wheel, or even use a wall. Thank goodness I found these and that I didn't spend more money for a bulky and less effective, more restrictive project. I would definitely recommend these.
on February 4, 2009
When you first start using this product, it feels like it is tearing up your stomach! Very intense and doesn't take long to get a good workout from it. After about a week of it, though, your body gets used to it so that it's not so straining on the muscles. The instructional video is pretty helpful with finding new positions to use as well.
on March 29, 2006
I work as a fitness trainer, Pilates instructor and am competitive athlete as well and boy do these things work!
The product is versatile, effective and light enough to throw in my gym bag for when I run my outdoor bootcamps as well as to various gyms I work at. Honestly I don't usually rave on about products but this is the best $40 dollars I've spent in a long time.
It's been many months now that I've been using the product and I'm consistently impressed with the quality and versatility; I've used this with some heavy clients and they are VERY sturdy. Also, I've found that they really have replaced all the other ab & core products that I used to use (particularly the ab wheel, the swiss ball and many of the Pilates equipment and props). My clients appreciate the creativity the product affords as well as the great results they see. If I had to train on a desert island and had to take one product, Akrowheels would be it. I noticed the product website ([...]) also has great content in the form of videos and FAQ's that constantly keep me trying new things and keeping my workouts and those of my clients from plateauing.
highly highly recommended!...
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2009
Today was the second day/time that I used these wheels and while doing a pushup with the Akrowheels, one of the wheels literally broke off where it was SUPPOSED to be welded on to the rest of the unit. The screw which was tight, was still in tact. The was a tiny tac weld, which as weld done in one spot, almost like a large dot. IT WAS SURELY NOT WELDED PROPERLY TO SUPPORT ANYONE. I only weight 150lbs, so theres no way that there was excess weight beyond recommended max weight limit.

The worst part is that when the wheel broke off, the broken weld sliced into my thumb which was and still is bleeding heavily 2 hours later.

I like-ED this product, of course until it broke and injured me.

I recommend staying away from this product until there is some r&d done to improve the build quality of this product. For the amount of money asked for this product, there is NO way it should be made so flimsy. I am a personal trainer and if one of my clients hurt themselves like I did using this product, I or my fitness club could be sued heavily.

My 2 cents,

22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 6, 2009
Working your core is an important part of any good workout, and the AKROwheels are a great adjunct to our training. My wife and I are both Physical Therapists, and we love the fact that you can work your core muscles in many different ways with these wheels. We have a single wheel (old style), and that one is good, but these allow you to do one and two-arm push-ups, one and two-arm roll-outs, and many more that cannot be done with the single wheel. We love the closed-chain shoulder work we get with these, too. Well constructed and well worth the price! Get some and find out for yourself!
on November 23, 2009
I really like these abwheel. They are much more versatile from the single abwheel which I used to have. Feel very durable with simple design. Just be aware that some of the advanced moves really put a lot pressure on your ankles so better lose some weight if you have a small frame like me. A big plus to Amazon. I emailed customer service about the defected training DVD included and they replied me and shipped a replacement overnight ! I bought the item with Amazon Prime though. There are plenty training tutorials on youtube so check them out and enjoy your workout.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
My experience has been that AKROwheels and the accompanying workout sessions provide a quick, low impact, effective workout that focuses on stretching and increasing muscle tone. In fact, I bought them to use during TV commercials. (Yes, it's come to that) So far they are working out perfectly.

The product comes with three workout sessions on DVD. They go from easy to hard. In every case the instructor/coach goes through a complete set of rep's, you are shown the exercise from several camera angles, and a voice-over provides coaching tips and advice. The wheels themselves are well made and have easily withstood my 210 pounds. A small wrench is included in case any adjustments are needed.

The great point about the DVD is that is not only provides you with thorough instructions but also paces each exercise. The bad point about the DVD was that it was a DVD. Having the coaching along with the exercise is a real plus. However, I don't always want to do it in front of a TV or have to load the DVD before each exercise session. I solved the problem by loading the three sessions onto my iPhone. Now all I have to do is set my phone on the floor in front of me and I'm good to go.

Another great feature is they can be easily disassembled (using the included wrench). That means if you travel frequently, these can be taken along for a quick workout in your hotel room.

The AKROwheels folks have even been kind enough to post the sessions on YouTube. That allows people with similar "smart" devices and not sufficiently savvy (I was fortunate to have an 8 year old nephew at my disposal) to get the same benefit. I did check YouTube there are a boatload of other exercises for AKROwheel owners to try. However, if you want to find the Official Works (same as they are on the DVD) go to YouTube and search for "AKROwheels Workout #1", "AKROwheels Workout #2", or "AKROwheels Workout #3". (Be sure to include the quotation marks.)