Top positive review
90 people found this helpful
What a great general purpose glue. Just used it after 3 years on non-use - still usable!
on July 24, 2011
I bought a bottle of Aleene's original Tacky glue about 4 years ago. I used it for several sewing projects right away - I was using it to hold done some very fine appliqué. It worked perfectly without making the fabric hard or discoloring it. I was able to sew through glued pieces with no problem. I was very pleased with it, but this is not what caused me to write this review.
I picked up that old 4 year old bottle of glue, not used in about 3 years because the other glue I had failed to attached a piece of felt to the bottom of the wooden base of the project I was working on this weekend. Aleene's glue was (1) exactly the same consistency as the last time I used it 3 years ago (it was covered with just the cap that came with the bottle); (2) attached felt to wood perfectly (the felt is still nice and soft and not separating from the wood). What a great product!
1. I used this glue on a variety of surfaces: fabric/fabric, paper/paper, felt/wood, fabric/plastic. They all worked perfectly.
2. The glue stayed usable for 4 years in the original container stored upright at a room temperature.
3. The glue is easy to work with, washes off with just soap and water if you clean hands right away
4. Built-in nozzle is a great delivery system and does not get clogged up by the glue
5. Dries quickly
6. Dries clear
7. You have a reasonable amount to work while glueing the surfaces
I did not like:
Absolutely nothing! The fact the glue was still usable after 3 years since last use totally over exceeded my expectations.
I highly recommend Aleene's Original Tacky Glue.