Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Price:$4.49+ Free shipping (Addon item)

I bought a bottle of Aleene's original Tacky glue about 4 years ago. I used it for several sewing projects right away - I was using it to hold done some very fine appliqué. It worked perfectly without making the fabric hard or discoloring it. I was able to sew through glued pieces with no problem. I was very pleased with it, but this is not what caused me to write this review.

I picked up that old 4 year old bottle of glue, not used in about 3 years because the other glue I had failed to attached a piece of felt to the bottom of the wooden base of the project I was working on this weekend. Aleene's glue was (1) exactly the same consistency as the last time I used it 3 years ago (it was covered with just the cap that came with the bottle); (2) attached felt to wood perfectly (the felt is still nice and soft and not separating from the wood). What a great product!

I like:
1. I used this glue on a variety of surfaces: fabric/fabric, paper/paper, felt/wood, fabric/plastic. They all worked perfectly.
2. The glue stayed usable for 4 years in the original container stored upright at a room temperature.
3. The glue is easy to work with, washes off with just soap and water if you clean hands right away
4. Built-in nozzle is a great delivery system and does not get clogged up by the glue
5. Dries quickly
6. Dries clear
7. You have a reasonable amount to work while glueing the surfaces

I did not like:
Absolutely nothing! The fact the glue was still usable after 3 years since last use totally over exceeded my expectations.

I highly recommend Aleene's Original Tacky Glue.
We use Aleene's "Original Tacky Glue" in our small business for so many odd jobs. This glue is easy to work with, thanks to the handy built in nozzle, has plenty of "work time", and dries clear and slightly flexible. We have used it to apply decorative elements to fabric, plastic, wax, and paper, all with great results.

Highly Recommended!

CFH
22 comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2014
Great glue with a seemingly everlasting hold! I did not read thru the descriptions well enough before I ordered it at the great price of $1 and some change...so I didn't get to the part that says "this glue does not dry clear". Just figured I'd put that out there for anyone who might stumble upon this review. It is the best product for folks who prefer not to hot glue. But try Aleene's clear tacky glue when you need a product that doesn't show up as white after it dries
on January 29, 2011
Being a student in the architectural field, i use glue for my projects quite a lot. Aleene's tacky glue serve my purpose very well. I mainly use this glue for wood, paper, and cardboard. The glue is thick and becomes tacky after just a few seconds. Because of the thickness, it won't be quick to seep into porous materials like wood (which is what super glue does).

Depending on how much you put on the material you intend to glue, you might just have to press the material together or use a clamp for a strong bond. For 3 dollars, you can get three 8 oz container of glue, a deal that is cheaper than the ones you get at local art/craft stores.

Finally, there is a little cap that comes with the glue that gets lost quite a lot but in the case that it does get lost, one can just use a paper clip or a toothpick to plug it up (which will keep the glue from drying up).
VINE VOICEon August 27, 2011
Print up something nice and personal using your computer on standard printing paper and cut the sheets in half (or in quarters). Add a sheet of cardboard cut to the same size and clamp the whole stack with notebook clips. Now paint two coats of Aleen's Tacky Glue on the top end edges of the stack and leave it overnight. The next day you'll have a wonderful personalized note pad. Start now making some thoughtful Christmas presents for friends!
33 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 18, 2015
Way better than Elmer's glue all. I've done arts and crafts projects for decades and Aleens tacky glue is hands down the best tacky glue I've used so far. Nice and thick glue that dries off clear. I wish they made the product in bigger bottles. Nozzle is customizable to any way you cut it. Makes glueing easier on those hard to reach areas.
My project was to do a lotus design with colored rice. Glue is holding on to the rice on cardboard very well.
review image
on April 21, 2012
I bought this stuff from Wally World and used it to glue the spine back on a hardcover book. The old glue had separated from age and abuse, as I bought the book used. It worked so well, I decided to review it on Amazon! It's a fairly large text book, and I've pulled with a pretty reasonable amount of force to try and separate the glue, but its holding. I applied a pretty liberal amount of glue, but not enough to squeeze out the edges or anything. I also let it dry overnight before trying to yank on it. This stuff is solid!
VINE VOICEon June 20, 2011
I purchased this to fix a piece of molding that had come away from a table. This did the trick and it was so easy. The glue stuck immediately and stayed. Excellent product.
on January 22, 2016
I make a lot of mache' and recycled sculptural items from 90% recycled materials, like magazines, old paper and cardboard.
I started out using Elmers, because it is wonderful glue, and an easy clean-up. Then I found Aleen's. WOW! You can use Aleen's the same way you use Elmers, but it is WAAAY more forgiving when applying and drying. I just love this stuff!! (Non-Toxic) If you don't get the application exactly smooth, and just the way you want it, the Aleen's has a "self-leveling" effect, which is absent with Elmer, which will blob and wrinkle. If you do crafts, you need Aleen's! It can be thinned/cleaned up with water. I keep a small container of Aleen's thinned to the point I need at the moment. Great Stuff!!
on July 25, 2011
Excellent. Works great. I've been using this glue for years. Very much worth it and at a great price.