5.0 out of 5 stars Two versions of same toy -- one with 3 dogs, one with 4
Published on November 20, 2009 by R. Swiglo

3.0 out of 5 stars not as advertised
First, there are only 3 dogs in the package, not 4. Second, the dirt does not actually disappear on the dogs. The gray dog works best and does change color. The yellow dog fades somewhat but the white dog doesn't. The dirt spots are just as brown in the water. This is a great idea for a toddler but it's not well made. My daughter does love the mini washcloth though.
Published on October 27, 2009 by M. Beardsley

5.0 out of 5 stars Two versions of same toy -- one with 3 dogs, one with 4, November 20, 2009
This review is from: ALEX® Toys - Bathtime Fun Dirty Dogs 825DN (Toy)
A few years ago I got the Alex Dirty Dogs toy for my daughter. Her set came with 4 dogs and a washcloth. I see by the previous review here that there appears to be two versions of this toy -- one with 3 dogs and one with 4. Despite the fact the 3-dog version does claim to have 4 dogs in the product description, you can see by the photos there appear to be two different packages (before you click to get the details). The other 4-dog set shows it is currently unavailable, but has better reviews than the sole one here. I must say I was disappointed to see the sort of poor review for the 3-dog set as this makes me wonder if the quality has gone down. The ones my daughter had worked fine to begin with, but now at a few years old, actually all the dirty spots are practically gone (Guess she really did clean those dogs!). She has played a lot with them, in and out of the bath. Sometimes she likes to play with them in the sink. For the price, they were well worth it as she has gotten a lot of use out of them over the past 2 years and even now still plays with them even though the dirty spots don't behave as they used to. At this point I am considering getting the dirty piggies for her, I just hope that the quality on those will be as good as the dogs were 2 years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars They squirt water, December 12, 2010
D. Taylor (Colorado, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ALEX® Toys - Bathtime Fun Dirty Dogs 825DN (Toy)
These are cute rubbery, plastic dogs. The "dirt" spots disappear when wet. They shoot tickling streams of water out of their mouths when you squeeze them. Most of the toys in the bath are ill-equipped for aquatic life having been drafted from the doll house and other terrestrial sources. These dogs, in contrast, have a distinct advantage and thrive in the aquatic environment.

They aren't as fiercely loyal as one would expect from canines in constant need of baths. They will switch sides in a water fight in a heart beat, so watch your back.

Only the Fox Terrier gets invited on the bathtub boat to play with Stretchy Bunny and Zoe. The other two dogs can be unruly and don't like tea, so they have to sit in the toy basket with the Alphabet.

3.0 out of 5 stars not as advertised, October 27, 2009

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, January 21, 2012
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: ALEX® Toys - Bathtime Fun Dirty Dogs 825DN (Toy)
Bought this toy for my two girls for Christmas, and they were sooo excited to try it out. But no matter what temperature water we used, the dogs did not come clean as they claim. Some spots dimmed slightly, and others would not change at all. I even tried putting the dogs in very hot water, but same result. I am just glad I got them at half price, or I would be really upset. Don't bother.

3.0 out of 5 stars my son likes these, but me, not so much, October 17, 2011
This review is from: ALEX® Toys - Bathtime Fun Dirty Dogs 825DN (Toy)
the water is hard to get out of the head of the dogs, one of them came with a rip in the leg, and they aren't as fun as they look. My son (22 months) however likes to play with them in the bath, so nothing lost.

2.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic until I had to throw away..., February 19, 2012
This review is from: ALEX® Toys - Bathtime Fun Dirty Dogs 825DN (Toy)
My 9 month old LOVED these doggies when he got them. Perfect for little hands, fun for squirting and tasty too.... and that's when I threw them away. I noticed that there was discoloration along the bottoms of the dogs where they stood/sat and discovered that it was mold. The water sits in the bottom of the inside (no matter how hard you try to get all the water out...) and eventually turns black/brown moldy. I had to sneak them into the trash while he wasn't looking - very disappointed given how well received they were.

1.0 out of 5 stars Brown gunk inside - mold?, September 24, 2012
Karen (Bedford, TX United States) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: ALEX® Toys - Bathtime Fun Dirty Dogs 825DN (Toy)
My boys loved these when they were 6-12 months old. They especially loved squeezing the water out (into their mouths). I was disgusted to find that there was brown mold or something building up inside and I couldn't clean it out. Had to throw them away.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but not the best quality, October 13, 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: ALEX® Toys - Bathtime Fun Dirty Dogs 825DN (Toy)
This is cute. My baby loves to play with them in the bath. Problem is, the dogs don't look much different when you try to clean them. The dots actually rub off after a while. It seems that the paint isn't of the best quality. Don't know if it is toxic or not, but it is kind of concerning to me since my baby puts everything in his mouth.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute toys, a little expensive and one came damaged, December 27, 2013
M. 9 Fingers (Connecticut, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ALEX® Toys - Bathtime Fun Dirty Dogs 825DN (Toy)
I bought these dog toys for my little girl (19 months) and she likes to play with them in teh tub (which is the point, I guess). One of the dogs in our set didn't have a hole in the region of the mouth for squirting water, and it was torn in the tummy area, which is just ratty enough and broken enough to make that one of the three a total loss. Also, the holes in the two that function well are aimed strangely, so they squirt in unexpected directions.

This toy is just mediocre quality, but cute. It is not something I would highly recommend, but it isn't too expensive and the disappearing spots of dirt are fun.

2.0 out of 5 stars Seemed better in theory, December 24, 2012
This review is from: ALEX® Toys - Bathtime Fun Dirty Dogs 825DN (Toy)
Cute little dogs, but they don't work the way they were supposed to: The dirt spots do not disappear as advertised, they just change color into a lighter grey, at most... Still my boys like to play with them, as regular rubber toys, but I was really disapointed. Also pay attention to description, in which specifies that only 3 dogs are included. I know it may be obvious to some, but the pictures above can be very misleading...

ARRAY(0x9fb04a44)