5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Birthday Gift for 2-4 Year Old!
This is my THIRD purchase of this set, because it is just the perfect birthday gift for a child in the 2-4 year old range. Every child we give it to, loves it. We also love the price! The dishes are well made, and the blue is very pretty. We're happy to see a little blue, instead of the full-on, total pink that is usually on offer. Very nice set.
Published on September 20, 2011 by J. Crowe

2.0 out of 5 stars Imaginary play
Not clearly stated on package as far as I could find but do NOT use with any food hot or cold. Verified with Alex toys
Published on July 1, 2012 by mdinfl

2.0 out of 5 stars Imaginary play, July 1, 2012
This review is from: ALEX® Toys - Pretend & Play Picnic Basket 708N (Toy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Birthday Gift for 2-4 Year Old!, September 20, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets lots of use but a word of caution..., July 2, 2011
Shannon "Mom of 4" (Pennsylvania, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ALEX® Toys - Pretend & Play Picnic Basket 708N (Toy)
We have had this set for two years now. My daughters have had fun with it from 3 years to 7 years old and it's still going strong. They do have a number of ceramic tea sets that they prefer to use when they picnic so I think the basket is what they actually like best. They load it up with play food and bring it to their picnics around the house and outside.

We did have an incident when my daughter was four. She was pretending to sip from the cup and her lip got stuck in the space between the top of the cup (there's a rim) and the handle. It was bad enough that I had to get it off for her, she couldn't remove it herself. Her lip swelled a bit and she was frightened but I didn't think it was bad enough to get rid of the set. I just told her not to have her lip above the handle anymore and it has been fine. Just something to keep an eye out for.

Also, our forks have not held up at all. We have only one intact fork left. The others have been thrown out because all of their two inner prongs snapped off. I have found them around the house, broken, so I can't attest to whether they were being played with roughly or if it occurred during normal play. Again, just something you might want to be aware of if you have a little one crawling around, as I do.

Overall I think it's a good buy. I wish the cups didn't have that rim. I do feel that is a design flaw. But accidents happen and the girls have enjoyed it. I expect to get a few more years of fun out of this picnic set.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Fun, August 12, 2011
Sherri Barrett (RICHMOND HILL, NEW YORK, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ALEX® Toys - Pretend & Play Picnic Basket 708N (Toy)
This made my 2 year old very happy. The basket isn't as sturdy as I hoped and the clasp has a tendency to come loose. The utensils are strong and the cups and dishes are tin so it stands up to her dropping them. Love it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, but wish it came in gender neutral colors, December 29, 2012
Laura G (Colorado Springs, CO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ALEX® Toys - Pretend & Play Picnic Basket 708N (Toy)
I bought this picnic basket for my 3 year old son as he loves to play picnic. I searched all over for a more gender neutral basket, but couldn't find one. My son loves this so far and doesn't mind the pink and purple fabric for now, but I worry it might be an issue as he gets older. I don't understand why they don't make this in other colors--can't boys play picnic too??

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for toddlers!, May 28, 2013
Debra Marvin (GENEVA, NEW YORK, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ALEX® Toys - Pretend & Play Picnic Basket 708N (Toy)
This was bought for a toddler's tea-party birthday. The larger sized ups and handles were perfect for little hands. The basket also made use and clean-up a cinch!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality, November 30, 2012
This review is from: ALEX® Toys - Pretend & Play Picnic Basket 708N (Toy)
Love the dishes, wish the cloth was a little bigger, and the straps really don't work well, but my daughter loves pinics so it was right up her alley

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Picnic Basket, August 13, 2012
This review is from: ALEX® Toys - Pretend & Play Picnic Basket 708N (Toy)
My 7 year old daughter wanted a picnic basket set so I purchased this product. She loves it and plays with it often. Great carrying case! The only downfall is that all of the pieces are metal so they make a tinny or clanging sound if dropped or bumped together which does get a bit annoying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, January 30, 2012
This review is from: ALEX® Toys - Pretend & Play Picnic Basket 708N (Toy)
This is a great value, because the basket itself is made of wicker,so is authentic looking, as well as durable. The accesories inside, are durable as well. They are not plastic. The basket is on the smaller side, but a good size for a child, and can fit a couple other play food items inside. We looked at many picnic basket sets, and this was by far the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality!, June 17, 2014
This review is from: ALEX® Toys - Pretend & Play Picnic Basket 708N (Toy)
For the price I was expecting it to be mediocre. My daughter loved it! I was impressed with the quality of the basket. Very cute! Glad we bought it!

ALEX® Toys - Pretend & Play Picnic Basket 708N