5.0 out of 5 stars great for indoor activity
Published on June 24, 2007 by Marilyn J. Webster

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun for a little while
My girls (4 and 6) lost interest in this pretty quickly. It's sturdy enough and they enjoyed it for a little while, but I don't think we got enough use out of it to make it a worthwhile purchase.
Published on November 29, 2011 by Jennifer Taylor Jezyk

5.0 out of 5 stars great for indoor activity, June 24, 2007
This review is from: ALEX Toys - Active Play, Monkey Balance Board, 778 (Toy)
I got this toy for my 4 year old daughter. At first she wasn't that impressed; she had been hoping for a princess toy. But once she tried it, she loved it. She gets on it all the time while she is watching TV, and she also uses it as a platform for her toys and stuffed animals. It is small enough to not be a storage problem and a great way to encourage physical activity when it is too hot or cold to go outside. There is no weight limit on the product, so I've even tried it out myself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Use this toy for work, September 17, 2010
This review is from: ALEX Toys - Active Play, Monkey Balance Board, 778 (Toy)
I'm a Physical Therapist Assistant I provide home physical therapy for kids with special needs an this is a great toy! My kids absolutely love it when Alex comes out to play and it is super durable I can't tell you how many times I have dropped it or my kids have dropped it. There are quite a few dents and scratches on it now but I use it way more than the typical kid would. Good bright colors I have my kids tell me what color Alex's belly is or I will have them find his eyes and ears. Really great very durable good for gross motor and balance skills. Will buy again when mine finally breaks :)

5.0 out of 5 stars good clean fun, September 17, 2007
kristadm (Lakewood, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ALEX Toys - Active Play, Monkey Balance Board, 778 (Toy)
This is one of the few toys that my kids actually play with. I love that they're getting balance workouts while playing, and they love "surfing" like Daddy. It didn't break under my 250 pound brother, either. Great toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy Balance Fun, Great for Coordination & Durable, December 2, 2012
Marisa Nitsch (Prospect, CT United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: ALEX Toys - Active Play, Monkey Balance Board, 778 (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My two testers had a blast with this Alex Balance Board. They range in age from 2 1/2 to 13. The board can support weights in excess of 200lbs, and is very durable, its been dropped many many times by my toddler. Both kids had a blast with it, the 2 1/2 year old has the idea of it, and will be great to help her with her coordination and such. Given my son is special needs he really has fun with toys as such and they help him out too with his coordination. It did take some time to build, screw holes were a bit off but once built it is a very durable product that will last for a very very long time and take plenty of abuse and give lots of lessons with balance and coordination to your young ones!

Update: We have had this for a month and a half now and over a few weeks my daughter really learned how to balance herself on it, holding on at first, moving it to furniture to help her get her balance, then proceeding to move it away and try. We still think its a great product:)

4.0 out of 5 stars need a drill, November 14, 2013
This review is from: ALEX Toys - Active Play, Monkey Balance Board, 778 (Toy)
this is fun. You need a drill to put it together. I tried with a screwdriver and... no. So, that was unexpected (maybe I just didn't read that I'd have to put it together).. but well, you do. 3yo caught on quickly. It's fun. Not overly fun.. but good gross motor in the house on a cold winter day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Toy for all ages, March 10, 2011
This review is from: ALEX Toys - Active Play, Monkey Balance Board, 778 (Toy)
I bought this balance board for either my 1 1/2 year old or my 5 1/2 year old, I wasn't sure who would enjoy it. Well, they both love it and I need to buy another one! The box comes with simple instructions and it is quick and easy to assemble. It only says '3+' and does not list a max age or weight restrictions. My 1 1/2 year old loves it and uses it without any issue and my 44lb 5 1/2 year old loves it too! She likes to just stand on it while talking to us while my little one likes the challenge. We use it indoors, it sinks into the ground outside and it worries me to use it on the sidewalk.

Great toy and worth the small price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid but limited, June 6, 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: ALEX Toys - Active Play, Monkey Balance Board, 778 (Toy)
Based upon the picture I had believed the board to allow rocking in 360 degrees. The board only allows side-to-side rocking and therefore is limited as a balance trainer. However, it is inexpensive and solid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, November 8, 2014
This review is from: ALEX Toys - Active Play, Monkey Balance Board, 778 (Toy)
My daughter has sensory issues and I saw her occupational therapist had one of these in her office. Since we can't make it to therapy every week I've tried recreating the OT's office at home. This is s hit.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 4 year old LOVES It, November 29, 2014
This review is from: ALEX Toys - Active Play, Monkey Balance Board, 778 (Toy)
Got this for my 4 year old son for Christmas. We let him have it early not sure of how he would like it. He LOVES it!!! Very easy for him to use and is a great thing for him. He has sensory processing disorder which makes it hard for him to sit still. With this toy he can now watch TV and fidget in a controlled way, keeping him from bouncing off the walls or spinning in circles. Awesome Toy, Easy assembly, great quality, all around 5 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun for a little while, November 29, 2011

ALEX Toys - Active Play, Monkey Balance Board, 778
$27.08
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.