5.0 out of 5 stars They don't tip or sink...
These little boats are pretty basic. But unlike most of our bath toys, they do not tip over or take on water and sink. And because they don't fill up, if they get thrown out of the tub they don't leak a quart of water all over the floor. That's why they are Mom's favorite of the bath toys.

The kids think they're a lot of fun because we have an iron/porcelain...
Published on November 16, 2009 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and disappointing
Published on April 16, 2012 by new mom

5.0 out of 5 stars They don't tip or sink..., November 16, 2009
This review is from: ALEX Toys - Bathtime Fun, Magnetic Boats In The Tub (3), 823W (Toy)

The kids think they're a lot of fun because we have an iron/porcelain tub, so the magnet end of each boat sticks to the bathtub, as well as connecting to the other boats. You can see the gears turning in their little minds as they play with the magnets.

So, I think these are pretty good toys and not so overpriced. Yes, they're more than the little boats you can buy at a discount store. But these don't sink or go bottoms up, or quit working for lack of a battery. Just a good, basic toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but Great No-Spill Bath Toy, December 29, 2010
Blanka V. (Beaverton, OR USA) - See all my reviews
My 15-month old got these for his 1st birthday and they are still one of his favorite bath toys. He makes vroom-vroom sounds as he pushes them around, explores the way magnets attach together, and even uses his magnetic fishing rod to fish them out. :-) I love the fact that water doesn't get in, which means that when i take them out, there is no water trickling out of them. I also like the fact that they are not hard plastic, but more of a rubbery material, so when he bangs them on the tub, there is no need to worry about scratches etc. The boats are simple, but great toy. In my opinion, they are worth the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Magnetic Boats are fun!, January 18, 2009
Very well-made, sturdy tub boats. No open areas that retain water, so no problems with mold, mildew or other yuck! Magnets join boats in a convoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect tub toy!, April 10, 2008
My toddler loves these boats! When they first arrived I thought they were cheaply made of lightweight plastic, however, they were also colorful and magnetic. So far, they have provided hours of bathtime play and still look the same as when they came out of the package.

5.0 out of 5 stars They Float They're Colorful And Fun for Bathtime, November 2, 2008
Not a lot to say.

I wanted some toys to replace the wooden trains my boys kept wanting to bring to the tub. These suckers are magnetic so not only do they line up but they stick to the side of your tub....yeah...under the enamel it's cast iron...

They're fun and simple...also not too big.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and disappointing, April 16, 2012
I bought these boats for tub and pool use. I was looking for a soft toy that is waterproof for my 6mo old son who puts everything in his mouth. In less than a month the magnet came loose inside one boat and rattles around when you shake the boat. Also, the boats don't stick together well with the magnets anyways so the product would be better and safer without magnets. I was also very irritated that water seeped inside all of the boats so I threw away for fear of mold growing. Overall, completely disappointed. Alex Toys Magnetic Boats in the Tub

3.0 out of 5 stars My 3 year old grandson gives these a thumbs-up., July 26, 2009
RebeccaJean (California, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
These are a simple toy- but still, my grandson does play with them in the bath and likes them. I thought he would like that they can stick together via the magnets, like his trains, but he really doesn't use them that way. I would have given these 4 stars if the price was a little lower. They seem slightly overpriced considering the small size and simplicity of this toy. Therefore, I also recommend others to check out the Tubby Tug Boat that I purchased for my grandson at the same time- it is a costlier bath toy, but did alot more and was a better overall value.

2.0 out of 5 stars Water gets in around magnets, January 24, 2012
Water gets in around the magnets. I am concerned that the magnets are going to come out and pose a choking hazard for my child. I will likely find some other boat toys and get rid of these before that happens. Also concerned about mildew inside since the water gets in there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute toy, works as it says, March 10, 2010
These boats stick together, and stick to your bathtub so the kids enjoy them and get a lesson in magnetics (the ends of the boat with the same magnetic charge repell each other, then filp one around and they stick, etc.).

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't seal out water, March 31, 2012
K. Ngo (Sunnyvale, CA United States) - See all my reviews
After a few days, the glue around the magnet on one of the boats wore off. This resulted in water leaking in, defeating the whole purpose of us buying this. Worse off, the water that was squirted back out reeked of chemical smells. Gross. This is crap product made in China.

And when the boats connect, they form a straight line, not like you would imagine with a train.