4.0 out of 5 stars Cute soup!
Published on March 16, 2011 by Parresa

3.0 out of 5 stars Super cute, but not durable
This is super cute. I love all the veggies and things, but problem is that like other reviewers mention - it shows the teeth marks. My 1 and a half yr old likes to bite the pieces and leaves marks on them plus she tries to bite off parts of the foam. I have had to take them away from her because of this.

Maybe this works better for older kids but just isn't...
Published on April 17, 2012 by CTmomma4

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute soup!, March 16, 2011
This review is from: ALEX Toys - Bathtime Fun, Tub Soup, 801W (Toy)
We bought this bath toy for my 2 and 4 year old children and they love it. I've bought foam stickies for the tub before but never a set this adorable. It comes with tons of veggies and a water squirter of salt and has been the most played with bath toy I've purchased. It is somewhat educational in that my littlest is learning the names of veggies and I can ask her to add them to the pot in various orders. It also has made my children more enthusiastic about trying new veggies, because they've already made soup with them.
I wish the pieces were more durable. My son bit one and the bite marks appear to be permanent. Otherwise its a great toy and at such a low price will probably be my go-to birthday gift for little ones for now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toy, February 17, 2011
This review is from: ALEX Toys - Bathtime Fun, Tub Soup, 801W (Toy)
Both my 6 year old and 2 year old LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this toy! We have had it for over a year and it still looks great and they play with it every night in the tub. To clean it, I put the ladle and colandar in the dish washer and the veggies and salt shaker I just add a bit of bleach to water and let them soak for a few and give them a good rinse.

I am buying 2 more to give as gifts :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars great toy for 2year olds: vegeterian playtime, August 22, 2010
This review is from: ALEX Toys - Bathtime Fun, Tub Soup, 801W (Toy)
my 2yr old niece loves to play w/ the Alex Rub a Dub Tub Soup toy in bath+pool alike. Positives: robust, colorful, durable. Good toy to learn veggie names, colors, numbers and imaginary veg' soup cooking. Negative:veggies are only printed on 1 side- back side is image-less + blue foam only.
Contains: div.s veggies, green ladle, blue strainer/colander to hold+rinse all the veggies, 1 'salt' h20-squeegie. Contains NO pot/bowl. The 'salt' should have been a spice instead (eg. oregano) so kids are not encouraged to squeeze/shake copious amounts of 'salt' on their food ;-)

3.0 out of 5 stars Super cute, but not durable, April 17, 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: ALEX Toys - Bathtime Fun, Tub Soup, 801W (Toy)

Maybe this works better for older kids but just isn't practical for kids 2 and under. Idea and concept are great, but the item itself is just not practical/durable.

5.0 out of 5 stars She loves it!, June 13, 2012
This review is from: ALEX Toys - Bathtime Fun, Tub Soup, 801W (Toy)
Okay, my toddler has been playing with this for 30 minutes and she is refusing to get out of the tub. I'd say that's a glowing review. What I love is that the "salt" squirter is actually squeezable! So many tub toys have squeezies that are too hard or thick, and little fingers can't operate them. Not this ... It's big and soft an she can absolutely do it. Nice job! Another reviewer said that the set has no bowl - thats not the case. It does. Perhaps they got a different set or it was missing. Ours definitely has a bowl. Great toy. Thanks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Tub Soup, December 28, 2012
Crystal Materi (MAPLE VALLEY, WA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ALEX Toys - Bathtime Fun, Tub Soup, 801W (Toy)
This is cute and my daughter enjoys making her tub soup. The bowl is actually a strainer. Which I dont mind because it dicourages her from actually drinking her tub water (gross lol).

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tub toy, February 28, 2011
Agnes (Brooklyn, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ALEX Toys - Bathtime Fun, Tub Soup, 801W (Toy)
My 2 year old and 4 1/2 year old daughters both love to play with this toy. It sparks imagination in the tub and makes bath time more fun. The salt squirts, the vegetables float and the bowl is like a shower when you lift it out of the water. Comes with a spoon too to stir it up. Very fun in the tub.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for imagination, but..., August 3, 2014
This review is from: ALEX Toys - Bathtime Fun, Tub Soup, 801W (Toy)
We purchased this as a bath toy for our just-turned 2-year old son. He loves the items, and it's hilarious to hear him say all of the vegetables by name (although he insists that the red tomato is an apple). At his age, though, pretend food goes into his mouth for non-pretend biting. The pieces are a fairly dense foam, but still show all of the bite marks. I'm still a bit concerned that he'll take a piece off at some point, so he's not allowed to play with these unsupervised outside of the bathtub.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT Bath Toy!, June 20, 2014
This review is from: ALEX Toys - Bathtime Fun, Tub Soup, 801W (Toy)
I highly recommend ALEX Toys Bath toys. This one in particular is awesome! Keeps my daughter busy, encourages her to eat her vegetable (well, at least try them) and better than anything else -- they don't fill with nasty mold/mildew like so many other bath toys do. In addition to making soup, she also likes to stick the veggies to the wall and name them. I'll be ordering more of these as gifts. LOVE IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for all 3 of my kids., December 12, 2014
This review is from: ALEX Toys - Bathtime Fun, Tub Soup, 801W (Toy)
This has been such a fun toy set for my 3 kids. My 5-yo, 3-yo, and 7-month old LOVE it. They all play with it differently, and all have fun with it. Even my 7 month old loves the food pieces because he's teething and he chews on them more than the teethers we bought. I'm sure the company wouldn't advertise these as "safe for babies to chew on", but I swear that it has saved me in moments when I couldn't offer relief to him for his teething pain. All-around a wonderful gift for little kids.

ALEX Toys - Bathtime Fun, Tub Soup, 801W