Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: MelodySusie Natural Hair Made 32 Count Super Professional Studio Brush Set with Leather Pouch
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on May 23, 2011
I just got this brush set today and I must say I absolutely LOVE it! The brushes are very soft -with the exception of a few which are meant to be more stiff than the others- and came neatly wrapped in individual plastic coverings. I've yet to find them damaged at all. On top of that, I'm really digging the variety of brushes. There's one for practically everything which, of course, I'd expect from a 32 count set. My only complaint is the overwhelming plastic/moth-ball smell of the case that seems to get on everything. Thankfully though it's nothing that cant be fixed. I'm currently airing it out and am getting ready to give the brushes a quick washing with a recipe I got from makeup guru Michelle Phan. Some have said that the hairs fall out easily with these sets but after testing them for myself, I haven't found a single lost hair -not even on the face brushes-. Even if I did, it's not too big of a problem. As my first set of pro brushes, I'm very impressed.
44 comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2012
I got my brushes quick the case was nice the brushes are good and they do the job. They don't shed which is a plus. Have I had better brushes in the past yes but these brushes are competitive and are worth the purchase. I would buy them again.
on April 3, 2012
The brushes are of medium quality--not too soft, but not too hard. About what you'd expect for the price.
Everyone is totally right about the smell when you open the package! Very chemically!

Make sure to wash/soak your brushes in warm to hot water and soap before you use them--it will help get out the red dye that is on some of the brush heads--so it won't end up on your or your client's face!
on September 6, 2012
I was really excited when I got all of these brushes for the price. Upon arrival, they were clean and soft, then I started using them. They, very quickly, became brittle and rough. The bristles fall out all the time and they are really hard to clean. I used a makeup brush shampoo to clean them and maybe make them softer, but the bristles became mangled and even more brittle. I only use a select few of them because the 12 eye shadow brushes are either really stiff and harsh or brittle and the hairs fall out. Some of the face brushes are useful, but bristles still fall out all the time. I would NOT repurchase these again. Use your money to buy a smaller, softer, higher end set.
on September 19, 2011
I usually use Mac brushes and decided to get this kit just to have some extra brushes to use. I love them! They are awesome quality. The only reason I did not give them 5 stars is becuase the case is a little smelly! Like chemicals.
on September 24, 2012
Quality not Quantity!!!Although this brush set comes with many brushes the quality is really bad.
The texture of the brushes are really rough. I was not pleased with the product however if you like thats fine to
on May 24, 2011
I received the brushes and i was happy with them. The only bad thing about them is the odor. It smells like plastic and leather and it's very strong. So i just let them air out and it's gone away not fully but hopefully after i clean them it won't be there. They are a good quality brush, i haven't used them yet though. I'll comment when i do use them.
on May 26, 2014
I've been buying individual brushes here and there for a long time (MAC brushes are my favorite splurge!) but this was the first time I decided to try out a set of brushes with a brush roll. I'm definitely a convert! I love the brush roll that comes with this set: it folds up nicely and keeps the brushes protected and safe. The material is sturdy and is wearing well over the months that I've been using it. It wipes down easily if you get makeup all over it.

The brushes themselves are nice and soft and there is a good variety. I've used them pretty extensively with very little fiber fallout. They wash up quite well and, after drying, they are good as new. There is still nothing quite as satisfying as splurging on a new fabulous brush, but this collection is affordable and high quality and gives you a great basic set of brushes to cover all of the basics as well as a few specialty applications and are durable and will work for a variety of uses.
on April 6, 2013
Lets start by saying you get what you pay for. I had bought these brushes thinking that they might be a better quality than the picture shows. I was horribly wrong, the first danger sign was the smell that this product emitted when I had taken it out of the plastic wrapping in came in. It smelled like a mixture of a chemical plastic and just funk. That was strike one for me; next I was testing them out to see how bad the shedding was and never in my life have I see a brush refuse eye shadow. I had tried to grab some from my pallet and sweep it into the top of my hand and you could barely see anything. Most of the powder went flying into the floor/counter. Letting it go I picked up another brush with the same results. Frustrated I had tried out most of the other brushes and figured they were all the same. I work as a part time MUA and I would not recommend this set to anyone who wants quality. Besides that the handles felt cheap and the case was badly made.
on March 27, 2014
These brushes aren't the greatest for professionals but for someone like me that just likes to do fancy eyeshadow every now and then these are fantastic. They didn't shed too much after I washed them the first time and they clean very easily. They didn't have a smell like other brushes like this that I have ordered also.