5.0 out of 5 stars Sizing info explained
The two multi packs are not clear which size bags you get. The amazon description is the same.

The SMALL MULTIPACK has the following sizes. 5x4.75", 4.4x7.25", 6.5x6", and 8.75x6".

The LARGE MULTIPACK is as follows 4.4x7.25", 6.5x6", 8.75x6", and 12x12.5".

These are all outer dimensions. Inner dimensions seem to be 1/4-3/4" smaller...
Published on October 19, 2012 by Kryptonite

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent plastic / Poor Sealing
Published on March 26, 2011 by Duane L. Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Sizing info explained, October 19, 2012

The LARGE MULTIPACK is as follows 4.4x7.25", 6.5x6", 8.75x6", and 12x12.5".

These are all outer dimensions. Inner dimensions seem to be 1/4-3/4" smaller depending on long side versus short side, size accordingly. The First measurement is usually a 1/4" smaller and the second quoted dimension is usually 3/4" smaller. For example the 5x4.75" bag is internally 4.75x4". Hope this helps.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very waterproof, but they get foggy, May 27, 2009
These are a great waterproof bag. I use them in a SplashCaddy map case for adventure racing. If you aren't aware, you will want to remove the printing on the bag with rubbing alcohol before use.

My biggest complaint about the bags is it seems like UV deteriorates the plastic. After a couple years the bags were foggy and hard to read a map through. They were still perfectly waterproof, but no longer useful to read a map.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm..., December 30, 2007
David (ROCKWALL, TX, United States) - See all my reviews
I bought these recently for an adventure race involving a lot of water and mud. I used the larger one for a big map folded in half, the mid size for a information book, and the smaller for a cell phone (I bought several different variety). All three bags worked flawlessly being submerged completely under water at several occasions and through multiple zippings and unzippings. These are a very high grade of plastic and are constructed very well. These aren't anything like the space bags I have that can't hold a seal for more than 15 minutes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent plastic / Poor Sealing, March 26, 2011
Duane L. Smith (Hohenfels, Germany) - See all my reviews
I have used aloksaks for the last eight years, including deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan. I am currently in Jamaica and use in the mountains. The plastic is the best. I have yet had one fail due to punctures. I keep my Ipod touch inside and can manipulate the controls perfectly. They are also great for a passport holder, perfect size, nice and compact. The sealing zipper is inconsistent. I have read the instructions and followed them to seal and they still do not stay shut, especially when packed with other items that will pop open the seal. If I want something to stay waterproof I prefer freezer grade ziplock bags, double bagged, depending on the value of the item I am protecting. The one advantage of the alosaks is the variety of sizes, but having a perfectly sized bag versus a wet item is a no-brainer. The shipping from this vendor is excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, April 10, 2008
I ended up using this bag as my main wallet for my whole vacation. I got three of them, and one of them got damaged by some keys or something in my pocket, so I switched to one of the others. It still didn't leak, but it had little bumps on it like the plastic was stretched. Nothing ever got wet in any of these bags the whole trip. I was careful to seal it properly every time, and I didn't get sand in it. It was just big enough to hold my passport, some cash, atm receipts, etc. Now that I've tried them, I'll probably get more in some of the larger sizes. Just as convenient as my usual zip-lock bags, but way more durable.

2.0 out of 5 stars Had issues with these bags, November 13, 2008
I have had issues with these bags:

1) I have thought I have sealed these bags, only to find they weren't sealed when I came back to them. The seal on these may be more water tight when closed properly and not agitated, but the seal seems surprisingly flimsy, it comes open much more easily than a standard sandwich bag, and it's a little difficult to tell if they are sealed properly.

2) I had one bag come completely apart at a seam near the ziploc, after just a couple of uses. I'm not sure why these bags even have the extra seam there, but it made me feel really insecure about trusting these bags (not to mention, the bag no longer worked after just a couple of uses). Pulling the bag open puts stress on this seam.

3) Overall, with the 200ft depth rating, I really expected these bags to seem more heavy duty and secure. All-in-all, I feel safer putting stuff in two ziploc baggies (bag inside a bag) than I feel using these dry bags. Maybe I'm fooling myself, but that's my impression after using these bags and also using standard freezer baggies, etc. (which feel much more substantial than these bags).

Note that I have not actually done comparative testing to see which hold out water better. Sorry, I wanted to like these bags...

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps stuff dry, not very durable, December 4, 2009
I've used aloksaks many times, mainly for keeping electronics and maps dry while kayaking and adventure racing. They work well if you follow the instructions on the bag. They tend to scratch easily, which isn't a problem unless you're trying to read a map that is inside one.

I have had a few of the zippers rip away from the rest of the bag, which is kinda a problem, but that is usually because I am rough with them.

It's worth noting that if you want to get rid of the black lettering on the outside of the bag, use a paper towel and some rubbing alcohol and they rub right off! Again, useful if trying to read a map through the bag.

All in all a good bag, but you may need a few extras on hand due to the average to poor durability. Spend the extra money, don't use a regular ziplock bag, or your goods WILL get wet.

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money, August 11, 2012
i bought these to use in the local water park. i used the bags last week and one out of two of them failed. it had two small punctures in the bag but only had my wallet inside and nothing else in my pocket. today i tried using just a zip lock bag with one of the aloksak bags inside it and the ziplock never leaked. but i can buy about 40 ziplock bags for the same price as one of these aloksak bags. NOT WORTH THE MONEY! you can just double bag a ziplock bag and it will work way better and way cheaper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm..., December 30, 2007
David (ROCKWALL, TX, United States) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, September 2, 2013
I bought the 4 bag packet. Tested the two small bags (filled with folded paper towels), put them in my army uniform pockets and jumped in the pool doing various combat swimming and disrobing drills for about 30-45 minutes. A pretty rugged test. Afterwards, 1 was 100% dry, the other was 100% wet!! Could be operator error, but I was very careful in sealing. 50% fail ratio. Too risky. Will not use again. Good thing I didn't test with my phone or wallet. May keep out dust, but wouldn't trust in serious water situation.

ALOKSAK BAGS 9X6" (3PK)