3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, lots of hype, October 1, 2010
This review is from: AMA Physicians' Guide to Financial Planning (Paperback)
This book had some good information and could have been a great book if it didn't contain so many plugs for the author's mutual funds (that later collapsed). It also had several rants typical of NAPFA members.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good overview, but belittles do-it-yourself, February 16, 2008
This review is from: AMA Physicians' Guide to Financial Planning (Paperback)
I had expectations that this book would help me prepare for going into practice next year. I'm finishing residency and really hate the series of financial planners coming through to help me with my money. Unfortunately, their bias also includes finding ways to help themselves to part of my money. Most physicians are intelligent and capable of handling their own money, but we've been led on to belief we are so busy and overwhelmed that we should entrust another professional to do it for us. This book was correct to steer everyone away from commission-driven financial planners. However, it was way to quick in suggesting we are too overwhelmed to do it ourselves and should find a planner like the hourly fee-based author. Moreover, for those of us capable of doing it ourselves, the book suggests we are unable to objectively review investment vehicles and should stick to fund sold by the author's company. Thanks for the help, but not quite what the doctor ordered.

AMA Physicians' Guide to Financial Planning
AMA Physicians' Guide to Financial Planning by Paul H. Sutherland (Paperback - December 19, 2007)
$39.95 $33.96