Questions & Answers
AMD A8-3850 APU Quad-Core Processor (AD3850WNGXBOX)
by AMD
4.6 out of 5 stars (43)
Used & New from: $69.99
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 questions
votes
No!! I guess you wont be able to find any Box Ver. (NEW) in the market since this product was EOL(End Of Life) almost 2 years already. The CPU from VT-STAR are NEW but OEM Ver. We bought 10+pcs from them for Upgrading our Office Computers and NONE of them have problem. You can easily get a Cooling Fan for this CPU in Amazon if you need it and it wont cost too much($10-15).
Dec 8, 2014 by Adam Phillips
votes
These APU models are no longer being manufactured by AMD, therefore this is the cheapest. (Unless you want it used)
Oct 31, 2013 by Michelle
votes
I have bought two different model AMD APU's and they both have come with cooling fans in the box with the APU. So the answer is a big YES.
Feb 23, 2015 by Dan Chrastil
votes
The thermal paste is on the heatsink. You do not have to apply any to the CPU. You just gently put the heatsink on top of the CPU (after the CPU is on the motherboard). Why this CPU? I own it and love it but it is an older AMD CPU/APU. There are several new iterations of AMD APU's that have been released since this the A8-3850 that are better and at the same or similar price. This CPU/APU is no longer being actively produced by AMD and you will need to get an older compatible motherboard too.
Sep 2, 2014 by Dean R
votes
No, you do not have to re-install anything. Does not effect any software you have installed at all.
Jul 26, 2014 by Dan Chrastil
votes
In general any standard desktop processor (Intel or AMD) works well with any standard graphics card (Nvidia or AMD/Radeon). So the answer is yes. However, the A8-3850 has inside a graphics processor with a reasonable quality, so you can use the A8-3850 alone, without an external graphics card, with good results (I'm writing this precisely in a machine with that processor and without graphics card, and if you don't play very fast and demanding games you can work OK with this setup).
Jul 5, 2014 by JASA
votes
Yeah, don't see why not.
Jun 16, 2014 by Megan M. Jolly
votes
It will only work with fm1 motherboards, fm2 motherboards only works with apu a10
May 6, 2014 by Romeo
votes
amd vs pentium Nov 30, 2013
amd vs Intel try to google that better. and check amd site for more details http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/processors/a-series/Pages/a-series-model-number-comparison.aspx
Nov 30, 2013 by Luis A. Gomez Espinoza
votes
Michelle, This item is an older model. As far as I can tell, this item is no longer being manufactured by AMD. The price should not fluctuate too much as the item is going to be discontinued from selling once the item is out of stock.
Oct 31, 2013 by Tech Archons
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Search Questions and Answers