4.0 out of 5 stars Thorough !
It is my opinion that this book did not adequately explain why the author considered AMORC capable of brain washing him. His explanations were repetitive.

The author did a lot of whining and postured as a victim.

I liked the book for another reason. It offered a very thorough review of the Rosicrucian philosophy and experiments.....a good read.
Published 11 months ago by URth CHILD

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste Your Money On This!
Having been a member of AMORC for over 20 years, I can say without a doubt that the contants of this book are balderdash!!! The ways to practice any experiments in the book have been blown out of proportion to what AMORC teaches, and the way the author practiced his work was just plain wrong!

AMORC does not advocate doing or practicing any of their rituals...
Published on April 3, 2012 by AshannaK

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste Your Money On This!, April 3, 2012
This review is from: AMORC Unmasked: The hidden mind control techniques of the Rosicrucian order (Paperback)

AMORC does not advocate doing or practicing any of their rituals and/or experiments in a way that would be detriment to ones' health. Also, AMORC doesn't guarantee that by heeding their lessons, one will receive health, wealth, riches handed to one on a 'silver platter'.

The author is so wrong in his comments and his general view of AMORC that it is a wonder that the Order hasn't done something to stop this outrageous propaganda. But then, AMORC wouldn't do that sort of thing. This book is definitely a waste of time and money.

3.0 out of 5 stars all about attitude, August 3, 2011
Opal (Byron Bay) - See all my reviews
my personal opinion in one sentence - it is all about attitude;

You can see your partner and love him/her, and 2 seconds later - in an angry mood - hate the same person, seeing nothing but the worst in him / her; Same with your work, friends and spiritual organisation / church;

I know amorc from inside and never had the impression of "mind control" even though some members have been annoying (well happens in any tennis club) Some members just like the social aspect, come for coffee and cake - and take part in the rituals; Sometimes I was really thinking of leaving amorc, nobody ever tried to keep me inside, I was absent for even 2 years and at one point I left the order ...thinking quite negative about the order; later I rejoined because I was just unfair in my thinking - both - leaving and rejoining has been easy and nobody judged me for that;

I simply didnt like some of the members and how they behaved - but this had nothing to do with the organisation itself;

Exercises:

Some of the exercises definitly work for me, for example:

intuition: I cant imagine to live without this inner voice in me - very often I get a feeling which warns me - its always right, very often I know eventh minute when my partner comes home and finish cooking for her with an perfect timing; it leads me always to the right people and helps me to keep away from trouble;

aura: I was even able to see / feel auras when I was a child - this ability is definitly real and something you can work with, who doesnt feel sympacy / antipacy for someone,..... some even see colours and can tell you if you are sick;

psychic projection: I have these "OBE's" since I am a little child, they are REAL! everything in between a lucid dream, or waking up and looking at your body, completly OUT of body, feeling, thinking and existing in another "realm" i dont say what it is, just claim that this EXPERIENCE is real, whatever you think it might be (astral projection, illusion, halucination ... but the experience can be made and is VERY real - as physical live or even more)

assumption: it works; in a 9th degree forum we had a discussion regarding morality, and everybodies experience was - this ability can only be mastered through higher aspects of your "self", its not possible to abuse this ability - as you most probably would just loose the contact to your "higher self"

like it or not, IT IS POSSIBLE to DO ASSUMPTION; it is not the question IF we should do it or not (only you yourself can make a decision) - but it is possible, AND even mentioned in 2000 year old manuscripts in tibet and india, where spiritual teachers knew their students like themself; if amorc people are fools, then all yogis, tibetan monks, christian mystics eg. are also fools

higher self: mentioned in so many religions, cults, even in psychology - its a fact that we are all "many", we have a lower self, higher self and many other aspects we might not be aware of;
I personally use a similar technique to "connect" with my higher self than the amorc exercise: it works, I feel relaxed, I feel "connected", peaceful, I get TONS of intuitions of how to run my business, dela with my loved ones, help my neighbours, write my new book !!!

if this is an illusion its a nice one - and it works for me .... I cant imagine not to meditate any more and connect to my "inner self"

invisibility: also mentioned in yoga sutras, christian mystical scripts, it is even REALITY for the pentagon, they just created vests for soldiers which makes it hard for others to see them; I definitly had a few experiences which PROOFED that it is possible to CHANGE the field of your aura (or candle / other object) to make it dissapear for a moment, esp in a room where is not that much light; (again: if I cheat myself with this exercise, its a very effective halucination which even other can experience!)

cosmic attunement: HEY this is mentioned in about every holy book, I spent a lot of time in india - stuying yoga - and experience AWESOME states of consciousness, including "astral flights", having a crystal clear mind for many days, withness state (sakshi bav in sanskrit) and oany others;

these states of consciousness DO EXIST, I experienced them myself; Amorc just has a special name for it; it doesnt matter how you think of WHAT it is ... the experience is real, and it is up to you to BELIEVE - it is cosmic consciousness ore only some synapses in your brain . going ballisctic ;-)

organisation of amorc: I never liked ANY structure, school, university, tax, police, army - all a horror for me; I spent some time with the imperator in hungary opening the lodge there, he seemed quite normal and relaxed; also the german and australian grandmasters are very nice persons and very busy working for the others! This is all I personally know - I dont see this "conspiracy behind closed curtains" at all;

serapis F.R.C.

1.0 out of 5 stars Which way is the best?, May 29, 2010
After "Da Vinci Code" book companies has released a lot of books that follow terror propaganda. If you like a supersticious or a terror propaganda style this is highly recommended. If you want an accurate description and a judicious point of view about Rosicrucian Order, his history and what do expect from his teachings to improve life, this is not recommended. There are better books like "Rosicrucian History and Mysteries" (by Christian Rebisse), "New and Authentic History of the Rosicrucians" (by Frank Wittemans), "History and Doctrine of Rosicrucians" (by Sedir), "In The Pronaos Of The Temple Of Wisdom Containing The History Of The True And The False Rosicrucians" (Franz Hartmann), "An Adventure Among Rosicrucians" (Franz Hartmann), "Complete History of the Rosicrucian Order" (by H. Spencer Lewis) and "Rosicrucian Questions and Answers" (by H. Spencer Lewis). These are the most recommended, neutral and illustrative books about that organization as usually suggested by editors and booksellers.

1.0 out of 5 stars I would suggest..., November 1, 2013
...for anyone who is considering this book first read the book "Cults in Our Midst: The Continuing Fight Against Their Hidden Menace" by Margaret Singer, that is, if you're interested in rational, credible opinions on this subject. That and similar resources present objective, scholarly criteria for determining what is and isn't a cult. I've known three AMORC Rosicrucians, one of whom went from heavy face-to-face involvement to strictly correspondence membership. All three had at around decade-long or longer lapses in their memberships. Nobody ever harassed them about it. My parents were in AMORC for decades, but they never once encouraged or discouraged me to join. I attended one AMORC event and not once did anyone solicit my time, money, or membership. Based on that alone, AMORC steers well clear of Singer's definition of cultic practices. I certainly can't say as much about some corporations, nonprofits, churches, forums, and multi-level marketing schemes I've crossed paths with. I've known people who still insist that Paul of the Beatles died in the sixties, that the NSA closely monitors certain forum posts and puninishes offenders with spam, and that if the wrong aliens find our space probes we will (not may) be invaded, and now recently that AMORC is a cult. So just remember the skeptic's creed: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. That doesn't include pseudo scholars associated with the Roswell alien myth, the flat earthers, that the US never landed on the moon, and the Freemasons/Jews/Federal Reserve/whoever one-world government, just to name a few. And one last thing. The difference between a skeptic and a scoffer. A skeptic will change their views if the evidence warrants it. A scoffer already think they know the truth and will never change their mind.

1.0 out of 5 stars Take responsibility, February 21, 2013
Mr. Freeman is blaming AMORC for all of his bad decisions. I am a member of the Order and have been for years. I have not had any of the experiences Mr. Freeman has. In fact, I dropped my membership for nearly 20 years while I explored other paths. At no point did I feel I had been "brain washed" and compelled to return to the Order. I came back after realizing it was the path most suited to my personal beliefs. I think Mr. Freeman needs to take responsibility for his decisions and stop blaming AMORC. The problem is not with the Order, but with Mr. Freeman. He should take responsibility for this and acknowledge he needs help. It is too easy for him to blame the Order or others for his actions. I also have to wonder if he is attempting 'cash in' on his situation at the expense of the Order. This isn't fair to AMORC and its members.

1.0 out of 5 stars Freeman Unmasked, January 23, 2014
Everyone needs to make a buck somehow. Consequently, Freeman has chosen to target AMORC. According to AMORC's teachings, if you are not developing spiritually, no matter how well you mentally grasp the lessons, you will be left behind. I think this happened to Freeman. And it mad him angry. Sour grapes and all that.

1.0 out of 5 stars what a load of bull, October 23, 2013
I have been a rosicrucian for over 10 years and I am certainly not brainwashed as he states.

1.0 out of 5 stars Funny...I quit AMORC and had no issues....., June 13, 2014
Funny.... I quit AMORC and had no troubles or issues whatsoever. They were nice folks but my life went in a different direction.

2.0 out of 5 stars Op-Ed, and nothing more, January 18, 2015
Taylor Jones "TJ" (Nexus of the Universe) - See all my reviews
I must say, this book is purely opinion an little else. It seems the author was seeking fortune, and it never came. As a result, he blames AMORC. The book runs down the RC monographs, then he gives a highly biased opinion of each, mostly referring to AMORC as a cult repeatedly. Some people get it; some don't. Freeman clearly did not achieve the level of spirituality he was expecting, however, he blames the organization as though they had made explicit promises, when they are more implicit. You can not blame a religious organization because your life did not improve from their teachings. Everything on the earth plane is open to the seeker, and this man clearly wasn't looking in the right direction. I bought this book because another reviewer mentioned that he gives a rundown of the Ros. monographs. This he does, but then complains about how it dis not work for him. That's great, but to keep publishing books, in the same topic, just to make a few bucks? Shameful. I regret purchasing this book for it will no doubt lead the author to write yet another diatribe of Op-Ed B.S. Abe your money and forget this book was ever published, or better yet - send me your email address and I will mail you my copy.

2.0 out of 5 stars One can take AMORC on any level they like. I will die a Catholic, January 11, 2015
Sorry, I did not read the book but am affiliated [call myself a student] of this Order. The way one can tell within themselves if they are brainwashed or going off the course so to speak is thus: Does one feel the warmth or coldness of the spirit? Regardless of egregores my sole initiator is Jesus so I really have only one true initiator. Buddha or the god of your heart can also serve. For myself personally I am affiliated with three Orders and my Church. When the gnosis is in harmony I see truth. AMORC, by the way, always states to find out for yourself. Also it emphasizes research into pure science and teaches it as well. I stopped payment momentarily and , yes, they stopped sending me the courses. One can take AMORC on any level they like. I will die a Catholic.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

AMORC Unmasked: The hidden mind control techniques of the Rosicrucian order
AMORC Unmasked: The hidden mind control techniques of the Rosicrucian order by Pierre S. Freeman (Paperback - January 15, 2010)
$23.95 $21.56