4.0 out of 5 stars Tick Tock
Published 21 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars I was pleasantly surprised
Except for the watch-chain, this is actually a nice-looking product. I was concerned that it'd be gaudy, but it's not. It looks and even feels good in your hand (has good weight and the texture of the cover is nice). I don't know how well the faux-antique finish will hold up, but I didn't buy it to be an everyday watch, so that won't really matter to me.
Published 19 months ago by Zorbear

4.0 out of 5 stars Tick Tock, December 1, 2012
This review is from: AMPM24 Bronze Mens Dragon & Phoenix Dangle Pendant Pocket Quartz Watch + Gift Chain WPK062 (Watch)
Surprisingly classy for the price. The watch face is elegant, and the piece keeps accurate time (so far) with a pleasing tick. The design on the front is delicate and well done, although there is a noticeable difference between the dragon motif (glossy, 2D print of a dragon and phoenix) and the etched design around the edges (relief with a matte metal finish). Comes with a matching watch chain. I'm looking forward to wearing it for cosplay and daily use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dragon Collector Must Have, December 23, 2012
Trishia "Pat" (LUFKIN, TEXAS, USA) - See all my reviews
I love these watches. They are inexpensive but you wouldn't know that to look at them. They are strong and handsomely decorated.The watch face is plain but the sketching on the case makes up for it.

3.0 out of 5 stars I was pleasantly surprised, February 23, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beauty To Hold, December 16, 2012
I have been looking for a pocket watch that attracted me for a while now. This watch was just what I was looking for it has been a couple of weeks now since I received it in the mail and it has been working wonderfully.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful.., January 12, 2013
I was really surprised on the quality of the watch. It looks even better in person. I gave this as a Christmas gift to my boyfriend this last year and he absolutely loves it. He carries it everywhere he goes. It definitely catches your attention. So worth the purchase. (:

5.0 out of 5 stars great gift, April 23, 2013
Amrielle (california,usa) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my girlfriend and she loved it! i was worried about the quality because of the great price but it looks like it cost 3 times what i paid! Very happy and so is she!

4.0 out of 5 stars loved it, December 28, 2012
Just bought this as a late christmas present for my husband, beautiful detail, works like any other watch. I believe my husband will love it just as much as I do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice pocket watch, August 14, 2014
Sun Wee (Planet Earth) - See all my reviews
For this price this watch is fantastic. I knocked one star for not having instructions, but I figured it out. To open push in the top button. To set, gently pull out the wheel, the second hand stops, set the minute ahead of the real time, when the real time catches up to the watch push the wheel back in and the watch will start. So far it keeps good time. I dropped the watch on a cement floor and the back popped off. It kept on ticking. Now I know how to take the back off. Just take knife and and press against the back seam. Search youtube for take back off pocket watch for an example. The plastic spacer can be gently pried out with a small screw driver to access the battery. The battery is a 377A button cell which is a Very small battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Low Price + Good Quality, April 23, 2014
The watch was a surprisingly good quality for how low priced it was! My husband was pleased with it. I paid $20 more for another pocket watch before and it wasn't even half the quality of this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price; looks better in person even than in the pictures., August 7, 2014
I love this thing :-) Yeeessss, it's a cheap pocket watch, "no one uses pocket watches anymore, and if they did it wouldn't be something with Chinese dragons on it, and blah blah blah." I get it. I didn't buy it to wear it to church or to funerals. I got it because I have a nerd's love of pocket watches. I needed something to bump up an Amazon order to $35 bucks to get the free shipping on something else anyway and when I got this in the mail I was pleasantly surprised. It's battery powered with Quartz action, and while that may not seem overly impressive in this day an age, remember that a quartz-watch, even a cheap one, will ultimately be more accurate than the equivalent-priced wind up, spring-powered mechanical watch (which I admit that, given my love of nostalgia, is what I really wanted).

A few things to note: the "clip end" of the watch chain--the end that fastens to your button-hole or what have you; not the one that clips onto the watch--is very tightly pressed, meaning it won't slip loose like they tend to do on the other watches I've got. It will "pinch down" on your button hole, shirt pocket "lip", or whatever you want to call it. First watch chain I've seen to make a fasten-to-your-clothes end so tight. The brassy-color of the watch is very pleasant, and the designs on the cover are "pressed" into the metal; it's not some "decal" or anything (the back side of the watch is completely unadorned though it has a nice "brushed" look) and the dragons on it don't look all conspicuous and gaudy. You can't really tell that's a Chinese dragon you're looking at unless you really scrutinize the artwork on the watch cover. It just sorta looks like a pretty, nicely decorated pocketwatch. It has Arabic numerals just like in the picture and that's another point: the watch face & hands have a more English "Victorian" era look than a "funky Chinese" kind of look. The hinge on the cover on my watch is just a little "wobbly" with faint side-to-side play, but it doesn't feel overly flimsy. At least, not for a $12 dollar watch. I don't know that you "steam punk" role players will like it as much as I do but I suppose it would fulfill that niche well enough.

Worth the asking price and worth the five star rating. I love mine.

Rate and Discover Movies