4.0 out of 5 stars Works! Has Quirks!!
Published 7 months ago by Simplyindefinitely

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for the money
This ais a great looking watch.
All in all I have had it for about a week and it keeps decent time. You loose a few minutes every hour.
But for the price you really cant complain. Dont expect this to be high end quality at a cheap price.
Published 3 months ago by Damian Brown

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Works! Has Quirks!!, December 16, 2013
This review is from: AMPM24 New Mechanical Analogue Black Stainless Skeleton Mens Sport Wrist Watch Gift PMW023 (Watch)
I got this watch for my boyfriend! LOVE the craftsmanship! You can really see all the gears working! However, it's true that once you take off the watch (like to go to sleep or shower, or whatever...) the watch will lose momentum and STOP working. SO you have to manually wind it up to the correct time. When you have the watch on, there's no problem. Your body is always in motion and keeps the gears rockin' and rollin'. It's annoying after a while to have to KEEP RESETTING the time, but it definitely looks really cool! Just something to watch out for :)

4.0 out of 5 stars good enough for the price, July 29, 2013
looks great (better looking than many watches at 5-10x the price), ruggedly built, great band and it keeps time well with reservations - It has inadequate reserve power so it stops after 1-2 hr when one takes it off - or even sleeps soundly with it on.

For the money - a good deal - if, and ONLY IF, one treats it as an odd windup watch that you wear on special occasions - just rock it a bit and set the time. It isn't a $400 swiss skeleton watch folks - for the money and limited purpose - it's just fine.

If it would run overnight - would have given it a 5, not too upset over it though (considering the price!!), hence a 4.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great looking watch!, January 23, 2013
This watch looks amazing, but it is not very good at keeping time (5 minutes + -) and i have to wind it after about 24 hours of not wearing it. If you are looking for a cheap watch that looks amazing this is perfect. I get a lot of compliments for it too. The watch is a little thick, and i had to take some links out of the band and they came out easy. Winding the watch is easy too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Watch!, March 5, 2013
I think this is my new favorite watch. I bought it and it came too small for my wrist. It also came with some contact info and i decided to contact them via skype. I could tell they wernt from the US but they were still extremely helpful in resolving the issue. Great watch and Great Company! I wold buy from them again.

Note:
It took a looooong time to ship but thats known with shipments coming from hong kong :)

5.0 out of 5 stars My grandson loves it!, February 10, 2014
Sherry (East Texas, United States) - See all my reviews
My 16 years old grandson had me order this for him. I assume it works great, because he loves it. He paid for it himself, so he didn't have to pretend to like it just because it was a gift.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the money, February 6, 2014
Really enjoy this watch. It keeps time fairly well, if anything a little bit fast. But the appearance is great, and it has held up well so far. I tend to wear out my watches - after all, if you can't wear it everywhere, why have it? - and often skeleton watches are more fragile. I have had several more expensive skeleton watches before this one, and this is holding up better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Looking Watch For Cheap, January 20, 2014
I bought this watch for someone as a gift because I have always thought skeleton watches look nice and make god conversation starters. Once you look close and feel the watch, it does feel a little cheap (about what you would expect for the price), but when looking at it on someone's wrist you'll probably think it cost a lot more. Its a nice looking watch for the price, id recommend it to wear on occasions more so then everyday. The band is really easy to adjust, but feels a bit cheap and while not uncomfortable, it obviously doesn't feel as nice as a more expensive watch. The only the issue with it is winding, discussed below:

Winding:

As this is not a battery operated watch, it requires daily winding. It had a device in the back that is supposed to wind it throughout the day with your your movements, but it doesn't seem to do much unless you are for some reason violently shaking your arm all day. I found that winding about 15 times in the morning and 15 times before bed leaves this watch running without loosing time. It said something about loosing up 35 seconds a day, which is a lot, but after several days of testing it it has not lost more than 5 seconds total.

Overall I think this is a nice looking watch and although I would not recommend it as a daily time piece ( one that i can set and forget is preferred by me), It makes for a nice looking watch to wear on special occasions at a cheap price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great looking & great working watch for cheap, July 18, 2014
Not much to say, the watch really does look gorgeous- the insides are stunning. They actually look better in person than they do in the pictures. It does not look like a cheap watch at all. It keeps excellent time, too. Just give it a few winds every day and night, depending on how you wear it. It's an automatic, so how well it keeps time by itself really depends on how much you're moving your arm. I actually haven't experienced ANY inaccuracy since I received mine a few weeks ago.

my ONE problem with the watch is that the bezel doesn't rotate- it's just for show. I'm not a fan of watches that have fake parts as decorations, I'd rather it not have the numbers on it at all. Other than that, I'd say the watch is truly excellent, especially for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!, June 25, 2014
I brought this watch for my Boyfriend and he love it!. It has great quality and shipping was fast. one of the better watches I have found on amazon!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent watch, excellent price., June 23, 2014
This seems to be an excellent mechanical timepiece, low price not withstanding. Out of the box, I wound it up, and it has been keeping (near-perfect!) time ever since.

I was raised in a time when watch-winding was the norm, rather than a rarity, (i.e.Pre-quartz!) so part of my morning routine incorporates winding this watch, whether or not I'll be wearing it. It has not stopped yet. (Yes, you can wind it manually. You don't have to rely on the "automatic' function, useful though it is.)

The watch gains a little less than one minute per week, which is about as accurate as I could wish for, at the price. (I have paid much more, and had similar or less accuracy, so this is impressive.)

The watch face itself is a thing of quiet beauty, and actually serves as quite a conversation piece, as well as a timepiece. People frequently comment on it, and it's a source of fascination to children (and adults too!)

By the way, the hands are luminous, though the lume is not very intense, nor long-lasting. but at this price, I'm not going to complain.

So far, it is coping well with the demands of wear. The crystal is, as yet, unmarked, and the band (i.e. clasp) is only lightly scratched from normal wear. The band is by no means of the highest quality, but looks good, and is more than adequate to it's task. I don't baby my watches, and this seems as robust as any other watch I own, or have owned.

If you're looking for atomic clock accuracy, look elsewhere, but if you want an inexpensive, good-looking, mechanical watch I'd recommend this one.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›