Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now May4th

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 132 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 27, 2006 1:19:48 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2006 11:50:53 AM PDT
Sean says:
Let's see, what religion institutionalizes the hatred of Jews (Pigs and Apes)? What religion has spread primarily through Jihad and Dhimmitude at the point of a sword? What religion is responsible for undpeakable violence on every continent now? Have you studied the Koran at all? Are you at all familiar with Sharia law? Do you know anything about the moral character of Mohammed? Are you falmiliar with the history of Islam or the genocide that is ocurring in North Africa? Is it hate speach to talk poorly of Nazism? What is the major difference between Nazism and Islam other than the fact that one ideology is rooted in religion and one is rooted in politics? Do some research and show me some emperical evidence that Islam is a religion of peace or that it's fundamental tenants reject the current Islamic violence.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2006 9:55:44 PM PDT
how about you do some research and show us "emperical evidence" that Islam is what you accuse it to be?
Everyone of the questions that you have posed in your post, you should be asking yourself. Obviously your knowledge about anything related to Islam is pathetic. Keep reading books like these. They're written for and by bigots like you.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2006 8:35:29 AM PDT
Sean says:
IdiotsShouldn'tSpeak???,

What more "emperical evidence" do you need? What religion has spread primarily through Jihad? Islam spread across the Arabian Penninsula, into North Africa, into parts of Europe, and into parts of Asia through Jihad. A recent example is the genocide in Dar-Fur. The Koran itself advocates abrogation of older passages in light of new revelation. Virtually all peaceful and tollerant passages of the Mecca period of Muhammeds prophecy is abrogated by the violent and intollerant passages of the Medina period. Do you deny this? Is there something I am missing? If so, please let me know. I would love to believe that Islam is truly a religion of peace, I just haven't seen any evidence of that yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2006 3:41:20 PM PDT
TXranger says:
Evidence????

Pick up the paper, turn on the TV. Take your head out of your behind.

Islam is evil as it is being practiced, over most of the world. Nuns being murdered because of something someone else said? Anyone who defends Islam instead of fighting it, has been possessed by the devil.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2006 9:23:10 AM PDT
James Seger says:
"Nuns being murdered because of something someone else said?"

After 9/11 Hindus were attacked by good ol' American Christians simply because they wore turbans.

Then there's Pat Robertson calling for assasination on the 700 Club. There were the Salem trials and what pilgrims and Conquistadors did to the native Americans. Even Hitler claimed God was on his side.

Christianity has as much blood on its' hands as Islam. Nonetheless, only a fool would say that all Christians are monsters. The same is true for Islam. The actions of a few fundamentalists does not make an entire religion evil.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2006 5:03:54 PM PDT
P. Caulfield says:
I don't know of too many Hindus who were *murdered* by the good ol' American Christians under these circumstances. Certainly there is bigotry in any religious system. That's unfortunately one of the highlights of organized religion -- exclusion of the "others." Islamic fundamentalism, however, is not so much a religion as a geopolitical project. Time for the rest of us to get the big picture.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2006 10:44:08 AM PDT
Except that none of those things were the official doctrine. The doctrine of Christianity is the New Testament.

The official doctrine of Islam is Koran, Hadith and Sira. It is what is in that doctrine that I speak out about. I speak out because it is as evil as Nazi or KKK ideology. The only difference is that if a person wants to, they can join up and become one of the persecuting bigots.

Perhaps Adolf Hitler could have won if he had accepted converts and not based his hate-cult on genetic phenotype.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2006 5:34:20 AM PST
So then with this logic, Muslims are semites, then they are what, self genocidal maniacs? This use to not be. At one time the Muslim and Jew lived as brothers of a sort.

If the new muslim, and it is a new variety, are so peaceful they should to go after those that slandar their precious goal of peace by killing those in Darfour. They should be insinced by this horror. They should defend that peace by refusing to allow the strapping on of bomb belts to their sister's, brother's and children. How do you expect anyone to believe it is a religion of peace when it allows, even if by silence, its followers to do such evil dancing in the streets when other semites are murdered while sleeping or praying or shopping?

I have not read this book but people who make comments need to think about what they are saying. Logic is logic and you cannot say your religion is peaceful when those that claim so sit back and watch what others do in the name of a 'peaceful' religion. Your peace is seen by what you speak out against even more so than your claims of peace.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2006 8:44:53 PM PST
sorry james, the only interpretation of anti-semitic is anti jew. no self respecting westerner would ever think/interpret/translate otherwise.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2006 7:16:21 PM PST
have you read the book? did you purchase it?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2006 7:20:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2009 1:55:34 AM PST
not true, both are descendents of shem.. it's just that the zionists have attepted to steal a common heritage, just as they steal land. im a westerner too, but i know how to use language, and i certainly know who shem was. that is not the only interpretation of anti-semetic.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2006 7:30:13 PM PST
Sean says:
Hitler was labeled anti-semitic yet he was friendly with the former Mufti of Jerusalem, Haj Amin al-Husseini, and reportedly assured him of eventually taking care of the "Jewish Problem" in Jerusalem. In "common usage" you and I both know that anti-semitic means anti-jewish. Just get used to it. Jeesh!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2006 12:48:59 AM PST
Keith P says:
James Segar
"The actions of a few fundamentalists does not make an entire religion evil."
I agree. The true question is, do the texts actually back up what these fundamentalists do?
I'd say nowhere can you find Jesus calling for the assassination of Venezualen presidents. But you sure can find Muhammad saying to kill all infidels.
The followers of each religion will eventually pass away. But the texts will stay the same. What do the texts reveal?
Pick up the Quran, Torah, and Bible yourself and read it. If youre honest... well... you'll see.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2006 10:02:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2009 1:59:11 AM PST
Mr. Mac, you and i both know that just because the misinformed masses corrupt the use use of a word at the behest of the zionist propaganda machine that arabs are still descendents of shem. the zionists have milked that word for all its worth. i stand by my assertion that not only are they greedy for arab land, they also want to steal their heritage as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2006 1:41:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2006 1:41:45 PM PST
Sean says:
LOL! Yeah it's a grand conspiracy by those darn Jews to steal Arab heritage. Give me a break!

Technically you are correft that Semitic refers to both Arab and Jewish people. In common usage, anti-semitic has come to mean anti-Jewish. To make you happy though I'll state the following:

Islam, especially the radical or fundamentalist flavor, is technically anti-Jewish. Does that make you happy and allow real discussion for future posts?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2006 12:45:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2009 2:02:49 AM PST
yes,. now can we admit that the zionists have stolen arab land, been bad neighbors, and are decidedly anti-arab, purposely target civilians, and are guilty of war crimes? im no fan of Islam, but our support for the atrocities committed by israel has contributed significantly to our middle eastern problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2006 3:11:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2006 3:13:15 PM PST
Sean says:
You may or may not be able to argue they "stole" Arab land, depending on who you talk to. Israelis would argue they bought the land and worked hard to develop it and make it what it is. Also, some would argue that Jewish land was originally stolen by Arabs. If you look at an archeological dig in Jeruselam it is a deep record of Jewish history with a thin top veneer representing recent Arabic conquest. Who's been bad neighbors?

Do you really morally equate the tactics used by Israel and those of Militant Islamists? You and I both know that many Arabs live in peace and prosperity in Israel. If the idiots would stop blowing up civilian crowded areas in the name of Allah, I'm sure Jews and Muslims could get along just fine in Israel.

All races have been done wrong but must get past anger and resentment to move forward. The Arabs must do this or they will ultimately destroy themselves along with the Jews.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2007 3:08:48 AM PST
Oh but of course the Christian religion never spread, never got rid of aborriginal peoples with crusades and missionaries, never started fighting in the name of God (Bush said the war on Iraq was "in the name of God"), never denouced homosexuals or jews or women. The Old Testament is a horrific set of moral values.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2007 8:39:58 PM PST
motocross says:
Reply to Hopkins and IdiotsShouldn'tSpeak

First of all christians are called christians because they follow the new testament and the teachings of Jesus Christ. the old testament is history that predicted the coming of Jesus. the new testamnet replaces the old testament. So your bashing on christianity does not even apply to christians.
Second, the crusades fought to retrieve back Jerouslem from the muslims. the muslims came out of what is now Saudia Arabia with their religion of peace/crap, and they conquered that land, and the crusades war was simply a response,although late, to the invading muslims, and the purpose of it was to retrieve the land and not to spread the christian religion.
Yes the old testament might have some disturbing things in it, but this is not christianity. christians follow the teachings of Jesus christ (the new testament), so who cares what is really in the OT, and like I said it is only there because it predicted the coming of the Messaiah lord Jesus.

Next, to respond to the IdiotsShouldn'tSpeak guy/girl as of evidence to prove that Islam is evil. I am going to provide you with an example that will show just that. the example that proves Islam is evil is solid and it is the Converts to the religion of Islam. they provide us with all we need to prove that Islam is evil. the question rises after seeing so many converts to this religion of peace/crap become all of a sudden extremists like John Walker, and Adam Yahiye Gadahn and many others who were regular citizens of their country, and all of a sudden convert to Islam and become so extreme that they will fight their own country and want to slaughter the women and children of American and so on. if Islam was truely a peaceful religion then we would not see that trend among converts, instead we would see nice peace-seeking people. I was personally raised in the middle east and I will tell you that people down there are simply brain-washed, but what is it with the converts?and why is it only an Islam trend? this trend is widly spread, recently the attacks that were going to be carried out by the muslims in Britian shows just that where some of the attacker were just recent converts to Islam and also the guy who had a bomb in his shoes also was a recent convert. this trend truely proves that Islam is evil. It is certainly a trend that is unique to Islam. Have you ever seen a christian Convert do anything extreme like those converts to Islam do? of course not!! because Christianity truely teahces Peace and Love. Islam does not!!
To me that is the ultimate and biggest proof, but I can certainly provide you with more.Did you know that more people are killed by Islamists each year than in all 350 years of the Spanish Inquisition combined. also did you know that Islamic terrorists murder more people every day than the Ku Klux Klan has in the last 50 years. More civilians were killed by Muslim extremists in two hours on September 11th than in the 36 years of sectarian conflict in Northern Ireland.
thereligionofpeace.com, faithfreedom.org

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2007 3:30:43 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 13, 2008 10:57:49 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2007 6:11:51 PM PST
j figueroa says:
please read the book first

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2007 8:14:25 PM PST
K. Eberhart says:
Sir, you are a Dhimmi.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2007 9:33:31 PM PST
O. G. says:
Its a book that picks and chooses from Islamic history to paint a convenient portrait that justifies attacking the "enemy", and shows the barbaric Muslims as deserving of whatever happens to them at the hands of the civilized and superior west.

Islam advocates peaceful coexistence with others, and that is the general state of how things should be. However, Islam is also not pacifist, since it is a way of life rather than a religion, the rules of war are a part of it. Why is it OK for American soldiers overseas to be respected and revered, but when combat is part of a religion it is barbaric? It is no more "barbaric" than it is for a country to create and army, and be proud of it.

The Quran does contain verses that advocate fighting, but within guidelines, for self defense against a real threat, or to fight oppression. It is not about fighting others simply because they are not Muslims.

That being said, killing of civilians and noncombatants is strictly prohibited in Islam, as is the destruction of civilian infrastructure. Sayings of the prophet Muhammad make this clear. The Quran specifically says not let the injustice of others drive us to be unjust ourselves, though it is convenient the author that part out. It is this last part that some Muslims forget. They have been somewhat blinded by their hatred for the enemy, and justify their actions through "an eye for an eye", much the same way some westerners do, including those that justify the Iraq War.

Generally, this book is for anyone who loves the idea of "us vs them", let's go fight the evil enemy. The world may not be a happy pink place made of candy where we all get along, but by the same token, it need not be a bloody one filled with conflict where we all hate each other. We may view each other as complete fools, but don't let that lead to injustice, and blind hatred.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2007 7:27:55 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 13, 2008 11:14:59 AM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  34
Total posts:  132
Initial post:  Aug 27, 2006
Latest post:  Jan 8, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam
The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam by Robert Spencer (Audio Cassette - November 1, 2005)
3.9 out of 5 stars (852)