Customer Discussions > Hair forum

ANY SPECIAL EDITIONS.?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 1, 2008 1:55:40 PM PDT
KAREN SHAW says:
LIKE A ANNIVERSARY EDITION FOR THE THE 20TH YEAR WITH A 2 DVD SET?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2008 4:03:34 PM PDT
S. Armer says:
That's what I'd like! I just learned that a documentary about Hair is coming in September. http://www.alivemindmedia.com Jim Rado rehearses a troupe of young performers for a new production whose vibrant energy brings HAIR's fantastic score to life once again. A wealth of archival footage covers US and international productions as well as conveys a portrait of an era, a generation and its politics. Original interviews and new segments feature Milos Forman, Keith Carradine, Ben Vereen, Melba Moore, author James Rado, composer Galt MacDermot, director Tom O'Horgan and others.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2008 4:55:06 PM PDT
I liked this movie despite the fact it was hopelessly out-dated in 1979-the era of the hippies had long faded, but my biggest question has always been: Where was John Savage leaving home from to take his draft physical in New York City? Catching the bus on a deserted rural road with a quaint little white church in the background-it suggests the farmlands of the mid-west. It just seems to be a really big stretch coming all the way to NYC for a physical.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Hair forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  May 1, 2008
Latest post:  Sep 9, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Hair
Hair by John Savage (DVD - 1999)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (231)