Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on May 19, 2010
Did not buy from Amazon this time since I needed a fast replacement for my "old" NEC CRT monitor. I live in Costa Rica.

At the first I was flabbergasted with the quality and the brightness - still have to get used to the latter one - and by the ease of setup (Win 7 64bit). Change the driver from "PnP" to "AOC" in the device manager, and bingo!

...and I even can read the fine print on websites much better.
on July 10, 2010
Had it for a month & works well sharp image & bright. The tilt angle adjustments took a bit to get use to. As did the one button display adjuster. All in all very pleassd with the monitor. Good Price Would recommment to a friend
RDB
on June 30, 2011
Brilliant monitor and at 20 inch diagonal, it fits in on smaller desks OR as use for being a second monitor in a two-monitor display system.

Overall features and quality are very good, indeed, users will find fairly simple to set-up and use.

IMPORTANT: This monitor appears to be a TN (Twisted Nematic) screen. TN's have 6 bit color depth, and users truly need 8 bit+ depth as most all other quality monitors have. TN screens can NOT display the full range of 13.7 million colors.
on November 12, 2011
Stay far away from this or any item by AOC. We bought this monitor from another online vendor December 23, 2010. It died on November 3, 2011. The low price of $110 sounded good, but not for 10 months of use.
on March 17, 2011
I just received my AOC F22 today. It does not come with a DVI cable, which is OK because the price of the monitor is low for full HD. I'm currently using the monitor as an extended display for my laptop and have it plugged in using the included VGA cable. I am in the process of building a desktop computer and won't be able to test the monitor via a DVI connection until the desktop is built.

That being said, on to my review. Setting up the monitor was easy. There's a back piece that snaps into place and holds the monitor up. It is easily adjustable by rotating left or right to increase or decrease the extension distance. The monitor is light and big and does not take up much desk space. It fits great on my corner desk which has only a couple feet of depth and leaves plenty of room for a keyboard.

The menu button is neat and compact, but does take a minute to learn. The power button brings up the menu and is surrounded by a circular button that is used to navigate the menu. If you hold the power button for 2 seconds, the monitor turns off. Easy to learn, but a bit different than your typical button setup.

When I first began adjusting the monitor, I noticed that the colors were a bit off and the screen's gamma looked too flush (best way I can describe it). I had to fiddle with the color, brightness, and contrast settings for awhile to get it the way I wanted. I'm still not 100% satisfied, but it looks good, and the DVI cable might provide a better solution than fiddling with the settings & using VGA.

I also noticed after a few minutes that the text on the screen was crystal clear on the left and right sides, but would become blurry as the text moved through the center of the monitor. It wasn't terrible, but it was definitely annoying for someone with a sharp eye. I was able to fix the problem by adjusting the Clock and Phase settings in the Image Setup menu. Now the text looks clear all the way across the screen. (Note: Clock is set to 50 and Phase is set to 70.)

In summary, the monitor is great for the price. Chances are you will have to fiddle with the settings to get everything looking the way you want. However, there are zero dead spots, all the pixels are functioning, and you'll have a full HD monitor at 22" for only 120$. That's a pretty damn good deal. I would definitely recommend this monitor if you're on a budget. I will be using the monitor for school, work, and play (movies & games).
on July 5, 2011
I purchased this monitor as a second screen. It was very easy to set up, and very easy to use. The clarity and vibrancy is slightly less than my original 22" Dell monitor, but still comparable and very clear. I'm a fan.
on April 14, 2010
Excellent monitor at any price. A special bargain at this price. Great picture, attractive styling, a sturdy, adjustable base. Only negative is no HDMI connection - but adapters are cheap and easy.
on April 3, 2011
I didn't buy this at Amazon. I picked it up at a local store's going out of business sale. So far, it's been an awesome upgrade from my old 17" LCD. Setup was a snap for me. Unboxed it, plugged in the VGA cable, turned everything on, and it worked. I was able to set the resolution to 1920x1080 in the windows settings without installing the AOC drivers. The factory settings for this monitor look really good to me. I have not had to mess with any color, gamma, brightness, screen adjustments, etc. I'm going to order a DVI cable and try to use this in a dual monitor setup with my old 17". Hopefully, the DVI connection only improves the image quality.
on April 30, 2011
With shipping, it was around U$ 120.00, a fair price for a really good monitor. I use it for the computer, as well as to play XBOX in it. Great image. I am not an expert, and I am very happy with it.
on June 22, 2011
I bought mine on black Friday last year and I have been using it to connect my 13" laptop to it. So far it's perfect, no complaints at all!!