Published 10 months ago by CrazyFool

3.0 out of 5 stars Use Picture Boost option
Published 11 months ago by Keith

4.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Monitor (If you have the patience to set it up correctly), January 3, 2014
This review is from: AOC e2752She 27-Inch Class LED Backlit Monitor with 2 MS Response Time, VGA and 2 HDMI Ports, Earphone Audio port, 1920 x 1080 Resolution Display (Personal Computers)
Out of the box this monitor is terrible looking. Images are blurry, text is fragmented, and colors are drab and washed out. I considered returning them (I purchased 2 of them) immediately as I've never had to 'setup' a monitor before. After reading over some other customer reviews and online forum posts I tweaked a few settings and remarkably, the picture is outstanding now!

I have an ATI video card and these are the steps I took to achieve a superior picture:

1. In AMD Catalyst Control Center navigate to 'My Digital Flat-Panels' > 'Scaling Options'
2. Set the Scaling options to '0%' Overscan (dial is set to the right-most postion)
3. In the monitor settings (on the monitor) navigate to 'Picture Boost'
4. Set 'Bright Frame' to 'On'
5. Set 'Frame Size' to '100'
6. Set 'Brightness' to '24'
7. Set 'Contrast' to '36'

While you are doing this you might be tempted to play around with the settings; don't do that. Apply the above settings and then walk away from the monitor for a few minutes. When you come back you should immediately notice the fantastic picture quality.

3.0 out of 5 stars Use Picture Boost option, November 27, 2013
I spent a long time tweaking the monitor settings. At first the monitors (I have two of them) seemed like they had a light haze over them. No matter how long I played with the color and brightness/contrast I could not get rid of that annoying haziness. Then I discovered the "Picture Boost" options. Set the Picture Boost to encompass the entire screen. I then set the Brightness to 24 and the Contrast to 36. This makes the monitors look OK compared to my third monitor (prior to this they looked hazy and washed out). If i adjust the brightness above 30 it starts to look hazy again. I don't know why they don't just make the monitor look good by default with the Picture Boost, pretty annoying. It looks OK now, prior to finding that I was going to return them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, October 5, 2013
Peter Z. (Chicago, USA) - See all my reviews
Screen is as good as Samsung LED and better then HP LCD I already own. Plastic used for the stand and for the trim around the screen does not seem to be very high quality. Stand cant be adjusted in as many ways as HP and Samsung models. Basically monitor can only be tilted back and forth. Overall outstanding monitor and I am happy with the picture and how much I paid for the monitor. I am taking one star off for the lack of DV-I port. I had to buy DV-I to VGA adapter to use it with my PC.

5.0 out of 5 stars If the picture appears too hazy or bright, try this!, December 2, 2013
To the people complaining of the haze or the picture being too bright/washed-out, I had the same issue and was going to return the monitor until I discovered the solution int the review below:

[...]

In short: Apparently it doesn't play well with some nVidia cards over HDMI. If you create a custom resolution and set the Hz. to 59.99 instead of 60, it totally fixes the problem (at least it did for me)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful no dead pixels, September 12, 2013
Great deal Beautiful picture and easy to set up. I already own a 21" that is going on four years old and it still works as good as when it was new as well as looks great too. do not be afraid of the AOC brand, there very good Monitors I would say more bang for the buck is alright with me.

5.0 out of 5 stars How Much Bigger Do I GO?, January 13, 2014
Wow.....27".....two HDMI ports.....allow me to work on multiple PC's by just changing the input! I am really liking this monitor.....has the audio output which allows me to connect my bluetooth Audyssey speakers.....really liking this monitor!

2.0 out of 5 stars Bought 2 at the same time but they don't have matching color profiles., November 30, 2013
Ok so I just purchased two of the AOC e2752She 27" monitors and LOVE them!
However I have a serious issue with them. I simply can't get the color profiles to match.
I did some research online and I'm pretty sure I found what the problem is.
It seems there are two types of LED's used in these monitors for the back lighting. One puts out a more warm very slightly yellow / orange light. The other type puts out a very slightly blueish white light. If you have two monitors with the same type led it's fine and you see the same colors on both monitors.

Sadly I was sent monitors with differing led's. The color difference is quite noticeable when side by side.
How can I fix this? If I exchange one monitor how can I know if'll I'll get the correct one back? I really don't want to return both of them but I don't know what else to do.

These would easily be 5 stars if the color profiles were the same. Using different LED backlights in the same model of monitor is seriously just asking for problems like this....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to get into your 3D games, January 1, 2014
I play World of Warcraft, and when I installed this monitor, it was like I was immersed into the world of Azeroth. Any one who seriously play online games will benefit from the use of a wide screen monitor. My AOC monitor has proven to be a great value to my computer experience. You should get one too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great picture; fluttery driver., January 3, 2014
There's nothing wrong with the monitor when in normal operation. Easy setup and configuration. WindowsUpdate finds drivers as expected.

The problem is that the Windows 7 drivers don't handle sleep mode very well. For some reason, once the computer goes to sleep, the backlight on the monitor likes to flick on and off every few seconds non-stop until the computer wakes up. (It does this with the drivers that came with the unit as well.)

I imagine it's not very good for it, so every time I put my computer to sleep I physically turn the monitor off. It's a headache, but I got a good deal ($179) so I'm not too busted up over it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought and returned two of these monitors because they both had an unremovable gray spot on the screen., March 30, 2014
I purchased this AOC e2752She monitor brand new from a local Tiger Direct outlet. I did a dead pixel test (used a white image blown up to full screen to detect any dead or stuck pixels). Unfortunately, there was a gray spot on the middle left of the screen. It was a bout the size of a thumb-print. I tried cleaning it off using LCD Cleaning Wipes and a cloth designed for monitors/TV screens, but I had no luck removing it. It had another issue as well. The monitor mounted at a slight crooked angle on the stand. I made sure that I had placed it properly in the stand, but no matter what the monitor was askew.

Figuring I was unlucky, I returned it to the store and got another brand new AOC e2752She. It had the same gray spot in the same area of the screen as the last one! I couldn't believe it. Even though I knew it was in vain, I again tried cleaning it using the steps above. That didn't work this time either. At least this one mounted properly on the stand, not crooked in the least. But that gray spot would drive me crazy if I tried to keep it. I'm going to return it as well.