Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on February 7, 2013
Just received two of these today and all I can say is that for about a buck fifty, these things are great.

The one thing that really bugged me was that both of mine were also slightly tilted. One more than the other. I just kind of pushed with caring force to even them out to get them to line up for my dual set up. Crazy I know, but hey I would have returned them for being like that anyway, but for being so cheap and looking great, I decided to keep them. I ended up ripping a piece of a match book, folding it and using it as a shim in the back stand of the monitor "pole" on one side to keep it tilting away from its offset, off square position.

Another thing to note is that all marketing for this product is exaggerated. Meaning, the 'no bezel' or 'no border' description is false. Turned off, yes there is no bezel and border. Turn them on and you have a about a little less than a half inch of black gloss around the sides and top.

These things are very, very thin; the stand is extremely narrow for a monitor stand and take up very little desktop space other than being wide(screen); they look beautiful! Another thing is that you cannot mount these to say an LCD arm, and the only motion for the screen is tilt away and towards you. I haven't noticed any leaking light like some say.

Speaker sound is subpar, but what do you expect from an lcd/led monitor speaker. (I don't even use them, just wanted to let others know).

They are truly great for $170. Remember, you get what you pay for. And, these are absolutely wonderful for the price minus the fact that you will most likely get a slightly slanted monitor. Hey maybe if your really ambitious and crafty, you can take off the housing and try to fix the alignment? :)

Comes with: screen, stand, VGA cable, male-male audio cable, power adapter, and a cd with drivers and such, and a screen wipe.
Inputs/outputs: 2 HDMI, 1 VGA, 1 audio in, 1 audio out, DC power in.
review image
88 comments| 182 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2013
Believe it or not, I bought this product from a brick a and mortar store, like a real, walk in and give a real live person money kind of store, in this day and age, that NEVER happens anymore... I was in this store, commonly referred to as the "Amazon Showroom" looking for something else, but walked past the monitor section and stumbled across this thing.

Anyway, I see this monitor, on sale, for an amazing $119, this store was practically GIVING this beautiful LED backlit IPS wonder away. I have long been looking for a secondary monitor for my system, and after reading positive online reviews in my phone quickly, I jumped at the opportunity. I was so excited about grabbing what looked like the last one that I left the store without actually getting what I went to the store to purchase in the first place.

When I got the monitor home, I hooked it up (to my 15" MacBook Pro Retina) and color corrected it. The display is jaw dropping. Blacks are crisp, colors vivid. This screen blows away my 26" NEC MultiSync EA261WM, which I previously thought was a beautiful display (and one that I paid $500 for a couple years ago) in terms of picture quality.

I am a recent college graduate, and I work as a video editor and post production worker at medium sized production agency, however I bought this display for my home set up. I think this display looks NICER than the dual apple Cinema Displays that I use at work (The company provides them, no way I could afford those...)

My only complaint about this display is that it is not VESA mountable, but for the price, that's not really a big deal.
review image review image
1414 comments| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2013
Background and Objectives: I just wanted to clean up my desktop and downsize--wanted an IPS monitor with built-in speakers; a rather modest goal. I had a 27" $1,700 professional IPS 10 bit monitor hooked up to a professional $3,500 video card. Now I have this 23" $180 monitor hooked up to $250 video card. Prior to installing I had great trepidation, thinking that I was going to be in for one huge let-down. I wasn't!

The Monitor: I am sure this monitor is not as fast nor as accurate as my professional monitor was, but, with my naked eye I cannot tell the difference. Unless you are doing professional work and need the utmost in calibration, I doubt if 'you' could either. The picture on this monitor is fabulous, with no apparent over-saturation of either R,G, B. I have the monitor set to "Neutral" with the Skin Tone enhancement checked. The clarity is spectacular, and the 5ms response time for an IPS monitor is outstanding (all Dell IPS monitors have response time of 8ms, and many professional IPS monitors are 10ms).

I work in a dedicated room within my home that is just a small space of 12' x 10'. My previous monitor would literally heat up this room as if i was sitting next to a fireplace, discharging the heat thru the rear vents. With the small extrenal power supply provided with this monitor, there is some radiant heat, but in a negligible amount and it no longer super heats my little cubicle--a welcome relief!

The Negatives: I Have seen people complain that the controls on the rear panel is a bit awkward--and surely it is indeed awkward to adjust your monitor from the back...BUT...why would anyone do this? The disc provided has a program called "i-Menu" that installs all your OSD controls so you can simply click your way through all the settings on-screen. The monitor is very weak on Settings, just offering you the basics...but again, unless you are a professional, the basics are all most people really need.

The speakers are awful if you seek musical fidelity. For myself, I just wanted to be able to use Skype and not have my work desk cluttered with wires and speakers. The built-in speakers suffice as a 'speaker-phone'. If you want to listen to music or watch movies, the built-in speakers will not do you a bit of good. But, if a person watches movies and listens to music on their computer then the chances are they really do need to get out a bit and develop a fuller life. These speakers would encourage a person to perhaps get a real date and go to a real movie in a real theater. IN this regards, the speaker coudl be deemed 'social enhancement speakers'. (it's all in how you look at things).

Set-Up: Set up is straight forward, just slip in the disc, download the appropriate video driver, download i-Menu, and you are good to go. HOWEVER, if you happen to own any Radeon video card and you use the HDMI connection (as you should be doing), you will get an image that is utilizing only 85% of your usable screen space. This took me an entire day of headaches to figure out, and I was about ready to return the monitor out of frustration--thinking it was defective. AOC Tech Support advised me it is because the Radeon default on their scaling settings is set to under-scan by 15%. My version of the Catalyst Control Center did not even have the controls to fix this. I ended up going to the AMD website and downloading the latest version of CCC; which did have these settings; made the necessary adjustment and that problem was instantly resolved without a hitch.

Bottom Line: It's a fantastic monitor and I cannot imagine that anyone would be in the least unhappy with it (unless of course you get a bad one, which can happen).
review image
55 comments| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2016
Awesome monitors! I purchased 3 of these with some vesa adapter brackets (They are not really vesa mountable without them) and they work great! The thin bezel really helps.
review image review image
on May 31, 2015
have the ASUS PA248Q 24-Inch LED-Lit IPS Professional Graphics Monitor i bought from & love it feel extremely cheated with AOC i2367Fh 23-Inch IPS will provide photos as to provide proof I even took my old monitor out of the trash to show you guys that this is not 23 inch at best is maybe 15-16 its tiny. I have a BA & Im a graphic artists so I expect quality for photo editing. Even my 8 year old gateway 22 hd monitor is bigger & bad than yours. the one on the left is my asus 24the one on the right is the aoc 23 the very black monitor that's broke is the 22 inch. You can clearly how false advertised this aoc ips monitor is ... I also took a pic of my dead monitors spec so you can see its 22 and its much larger than the 23 aoc. It looks like 15 im not even exagertating. BUYER BEWARE!
review image review image review image review image
33 comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 22, 2014
This panel was working splendidly, and I was quite satisfied with it, until 1 year + 1 month after I had purchased it, just after my warranty had expired. I turned it on one day, and the left third of the screen featured a reddish hue, exhibited fine horizontal lines, and began suffering from burn in. I checked in with AOC, aka Envision Peripherals Inc., and asked them if they would fulfill the warranty, having just missed the warranty cutoff. No go there. Okay, would they at least offer a repair? Nope, they don't seem to do repairs. Even if I were to send the monitor back to them, they didn't seem to have any refurbishment program. I was told that they would just scrap it. So now I'm out one monitor that can't be serviced and needs to be taken to an e-waste facility. Such, it seems, are the pains of going with a slightly off brand display. I normally wouldn't post a bad review just because of a technical problem like this: every manufacturer produces an occasional lemon. But based on my customer service experience, which wasn't bad, per se, but yielded an unsatisfactory result, I can't honestly recommend this monitor or this brand.
on November 22, 2013
This monitor seemed great at first (I was already expecting it to not be "edge to edge" as advertised.) After about 4 months of very light use the left side of the screen developed a pink tint and looked very pixelated. It seems other users are having the same issues. AOC replaced under warranty but it isn't cheap to ship the monitor to them and they only cover return shipping, so buyer beware.
on January 11, 2016
Basic, but attractive, monitor from AOC. Great choice for the workplace, for light content creation (photo/video/design). Suffers for a lack of ergonomic adjustment (stand height isn't adjustable, monitor can pitch forward and backward but only slightly, and no backlight adjustment).

PRO:
-Panel: IPS panel produces great color.
-Calibration: stock is pretty decent, but can be improved with some quick settings changes. (ICC profile is not provided by manufacturer)
-Quick: empirical comparison suggests it isn't much slower than cheap TN panels from yesteryear. Still, this is NOT a gaming monitor. It is a general-purpose monitor.
-Slim: very little wasted space on this piece of kit. Housing is thin, lightweight, and easy to assemble. It will fit almost anywhere you could want it.
-Stand: simple, non-adjustable stand is nice and light, but also very solid. One of the smallest stands I've seen when disassembled.
-Portability: This monitor is easy to pick up and relocate. It is a great choice for a mobile photo studio. It does a fine job for basic LAN gaming, too.
-Cable: Includes an HDMI cable, about 3ft / 1m.

CON:
-Mount: no VESA mounting threads provided. As such, installation to a monitor arm requires aftermarket parts (which are easy to find)
-Configuration: Backlight brightness cannot be adjusted, is on full-bright all the time. This may be a deal breaker for users intending to use the display in a dim lighting environment.
-Content Creators: This monitor requires calibration with a colorimeter before much professional use.
-Bezel: deceptive. Turned off, this monitor looks like it would have an incredibly thin bezel. But powered up, you'll see that the anti-glare cover also covers part of the bezel.
-Inputs: HDMI and VGA. Why not DisplayPort? Why VGA and not DVI?

I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a good, basic monitor for around $150. Gamers, consider a real gaming monitor.
on June 28, 2014
I rate this product one star because of the utter lack of service this company provides and the terrible quality of the panel. After less than a year of use the left side of my panel has taken on a red hue and the entire panel will feature burn in from any image displayed for more than a few minutes for hours.

After contacting the AOC support team about this I had no response in the least. I now have no acceptable monitor for my gaming machine and this company is not fulfilling the warranty. I would not recommend this product and encourage NOBODY TO BUY IT!
on November 29, 2012
Let me start off by saying that your colors from the factory with this AOC is going to be off from that of a calibrated monitor. There is a slight pink/magenta-like hue to the overall color when I set it up against a Dell U2711. This is without any adjustments made yet.

After calibration with the Colormunki Photo, the screen still has this overall pink/magenta hue. Furthermore, the blacks are not nearly as deep, and on dark scenes, the borderless border can sort of stick out when viewed from an angle, since you will see when the border ends and the scene begins with that dark gray look. Maybe some fiddling around in the menus can bring the colors close, but it's left at sRGB Gamma 3 for now.

As for the panel itself, it's matte and looks very clean. There are no stuck/dead pixels upon arrival, and it's pleasing to see how much care was taken to the packaging. However, the edge of the screen does feel cheap and when pressed lightly, you see some light bleeding through, but it's tolerable, in my view. There is a slight bleed on the bottom-left corner that's more pronounced than the rest of the screen when viewed straight on, however, and it could just be my unit, so your mileage may vary. It's especially pronounced in Lightroom with lights off.

The panel itself is very thin and nice looking, even more so than the picture here suggests. It looks bulkier in pictures here than it does in real life, and with that nice brushed aluminum look to the base and the bottom of the frame, you see it more detailed. Where the actual panel stops and gets nested by the frame, there is a small groove that I'm afraid over time will get filled with dust and crud. I'll just have to be mindful of that and clean it regularly.

The stand looks nice and does a good job of holding up the unit, but given how light it is, there is a sense of instability even as I'm typing this review. The unit holds but it tends to rock back and forth, which I attribute to the size of the unit more than anything. It does a good enough job. Just don't expect it to be as stable as, say a 27" monitor, if that's something you've been used to.

There is a DisplayPort, HDMI, D-Sub, and speaker connection on the back. To my surprise, there's no DVI. Not sure why, but it's not there.

Overall, I wanted to like this monitor. For the price of a Samsung LT24B350ND (HDTV/Monitor in one), I chose this unit due to its IPS panel and good looks. There are slight bleeding around the edge and the panel is thinner than what I hoped for, but it's an IPS panel for under $200!

If nothing else, this is taking panels in the right direction by offering decent IPS for the cheap. I would only hope other manufacturers follow suit and bring down the cost of high quality displays for the near future.
88 comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse