on February 8, 2013
Verified Purchase
Just received two of these today and all I can say is that for about a buck fifty, these things are great.

The one thing that really bugged me was that both of mine were also slightly tilted. One more than the other. I just kind of pushed with caring force to even them out to get them to line up for my dual set up. Crazy I know, but hey I would have returned them for being like that anyway, but for being so cheap and looking great, I decided to keep them. I ended up ripping a piece of a match book, folding it and using it as a shim in the back stand of the monitor "pole" on one side to keep it tilting away from its offset, off square position.

Another thing to note is that all marketing for this product is exaggerated. Meaning, the 'no bezel' or 'no border' description is false. Turned off, yes there is no bezel and border. Turn them on and you have a about a little less than a half inch of black gloss around the sides and top.

These things are very, very thin; the stand is extremely narrow for a monitor stand and take up very little desktop space other than being wide(screen); they look beautiful! Another thing is that you cannot mount these to say an LCD arm, and the only motion for the screen is tilt away and towards you. I haven't noticed any leaking light like some say.

Speaker sound is subpar, but what do you expect from an lcd/led monitor speaker. (I don't even use them, just wanted to let others know).

They are truly great for $170. Remember, you get what you pay for. And, these are absolutely wonderful for the price minus the fact that you will most likely get a slightly slanted monitor. Hey maybe if your really ambitious and crafty, you can take off the housing and try to fix the alignment? :)

Comes with: screen, stand, VGA cable, male-male audio cable, power adapter, and a cd with drivers and such, and a screen wipe.
Inputs/outputs: 2 HDMI, 1 VGA, 1 audio in, 1 audio out, DC power in.
review image
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 10, 2013
Believe it or not, I bought this product from a brick a and mortar store, like a real, walk in and give a real live person money kind of store, in this day and age, that NEVER happens anymore... I was in this store, commonly referred to as the "Amazon Showroom" looking for something else, but walked past the monitor section and stumbled across this thing.

Anyway, I see this monitor, on sale, for an amazing $119, this store was practically GIVING this beautiful LED backlit IPS wonder away. I have long been looking for a secondary monitor for my system, and after reading positive online reviews in my phone quickly, I jumped at the opportunity. I was so excited about grabbing what looked like the last one that I left the store without actually getting what I went to the store to purchase in the first place.

When I got the monitor home, I hooked it up (to my 15" MacBook Pro Retina) and color corrected it. The display is jaw dropping. Blacks are crisp, colors vivid. This screen blows away my 26" NEC MultiSync EA261WM, which I previously thought was a beautiful display (and one that I paid $500 for a couple years ago) in terms of picture quality.

I am a recent college graduate, and I work as a video editor and post production worker at medium sized production agency, however I bought this display for my home set up. I think this display looks NICER than the dual apple Cinema Displays that I use at work (The company provides them, no way I could afford those...)

My only complaint about this display is that it is not VESA mountable, but for the price, that's not really a big deal.
review image review image
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 20, 2013
Verified Purchase
Background and Objectives: I just wanted to clean up my desktop and downsize--wanted an IPS monitor with built-in speakers; a rather modest goal. I had a 27" $1,700 professional IPS 10 bit monitor hooked up to a professional $3,500 video card. Now I have this 23" $180 monitor hooked up to $250 video card. Prior to installing I had great trepidation, thinking that I was going to be in for one huge let-down. I wasn't!

The Monitor: I am sure this monitor is not as fast nor as accurate as my professional monitor was, but, with my naked eye I cannot tell the difference. Unless you are doing professional work and need the utmost in calibration, I doubt if 'you' could either. The picture on this monitor is fabulous, with no apparent over-saturation of either R,G, B. I have the monitor set to "Neutral" with the Skin Tone enhancement checked. The clarity is spectacular, and the 5ms response time for an IPS monitor is outstanding (all Dell IPS monitors have response time of 8ms, and many professional IPS monitors are 10ms).

I work in a dedicated room within my home that is just a small space of 12' x 10'. My previous monitor would literally heat up this room as if i was sitting next to a fireplace, discharging the heat thru the rear vents. With the small extrenal power supply provided with this monitor, there is some radiant heat, but in a negligible amount and it no longer super heats my little cubicle--a welcome relief!

The Negatives: I Have seen people complain that the controls on the rear panel is a bit awkward--and surely it is indeed awkward to adjust your monitor from the back...BUT...why would anyone do this? The disc provided has a program called "i-Menu" that installs all your OSD controls so you can simply click your way through all the settings on-screen. The monitor is very weak on Settings, just offering you the basics...but again, unless you are a professional, the basics are all most people really need.

The speakers are awful if you seek musical fidelity. For myself, I just wanted to be able to use Skype and not have my work desk cluttered with wires and speakers. The built-in speakers suffice as a 'speaker-phone'. If you want to listen to music or watch movies, the built-in speakers will not do you a bit of good. But, if a person watches movies and listens to music on their computer then the chances are they really do need to get out a bit and develop a fuller life. These speakers would encourage a person to perhaps get a real date and go to a real movie in a real theater. IN this regards, the speaker coudl be deemed 'social enhancement speakers'. (it's all in how you look at things).

Set-Up: Set up is straight forward, just slip in the disc, download the appropriate video driver, download i-Menu, and you are good to go. HOWEVER, if you happen to own any Radeon video card and you use the HDMI connection (as you should be doing), you will get an image that is utilizing only 85% of your usable screen space. This took me an entire day of headaches to figure out, and I was about ready to return the monitor out of frustration--thinking it was defective. AOC Tech Support advised me it is because the Radeon default on their scaling settings is set to under-scan by 15%. My version of the Catalyst Control Center did not even have the controls to fix this. I ended up going to the AMD website and downloading the latest version of CCC; which did have these settings; made the necessary adjustment and that problem was instantly resolved without a hitch.

Bottom Line: It's a fantastic monitor and I cannot imagine that anyone would be in the least unhappy with it (unless of course you get a bad one, which can happen).
review image
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 6, 2012
Verified Purchase
I was really skeptical when I first saw this deal. A stylish, cheap, and IPS monitor. After a few decent reviews I decided to order and give AOC a try.

When I first opened up the box, everything looked amazing and gorgeous. Once I started to put it together, I began to have my doubts. I assembled everything together, however my monitor was slightly tilted. When I checked the stand, I noticed that the monitor was not completely locked into place.

There is a button that locks in the monitor into the stand, and the release button didn't click into place. After applying extra pressure, everything clicked into place. There is still a slight tilt to my monitor. You can hardly notice if there is a white background, but my desk has a grid mat so I notice the tilt. I would have exchanged the monitor, but a small folded piece of paper remedies the tilted monitor.

As for image quality, it really varies. I used the provided VGA cable and everything was a little fuzzy. I used my dirt cheap HDMI cable and everything was crisp. Static appears when I view black, but I read that this could be from cheap HDMI cables. When I view an entirely black background on VGA it is fine, so I invested in a nice HDMI cable in hopes that the static is only a result of a cheap cable.

Overall the screen is really stylish, especially turned off... The actual bezel is big, but I like that the whole screen is flat. No cheap plastic frame to border the edges. The color and contrast are decent on the monitor with a few tweaks, but there is some light leakage on the sides.

Pros:
- Cheap
- Sharp IPS screen
- Clean stylish Design

Cons:
- Build Quality (flimsy stand, potentially crooked)
- Some light leakage
- VGA image quality is iffy.
- Potential static problem (could be my cable)

If you are on a 200 dollar budget, and want an IPS screen, I would suggest getting this. I am not too confident in the build quality, but if you never touch it after assembly, it should be fine.

edit: I got a new hdmi cable (the amazon brand one) and the static is gone. just an fyi.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 29, 2014
Verified Purchase
I rate this product one star because of the utter lack of service this company provides and the terrible quality of the panel. After less than a year of use the left side of my panel has taken on a red hue and the entire panel will feature burn in from any image displayed for more than a few minutes for hours.

After contacting the AOC support team about this I had no response in the least. I now have no acceptable monitor for my gaming machine and this company is not fulfilling the warranty. I would not recommend this product and encourage NOBODY TO BUY IT!
on February 21, 2014
Verified Purchase
I purchased this monitor eight months ago, and just now the left side of the screen has gone wonky and pink. It is pixelated, there are waves running up the screen, and it appears as CRT monitors did when they had a magnet near them. This is a known issue (as I have come to find out by searching the web). There is a one year warranty on this item, but I cannot get through to their customer support. Several of the links on their warranty page are broken. Also, they expect for the customer to pay for shipping when under warranty (which might be common, I wouldn't know).

Great monitor... for eight months.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 29, 2012
Verified Purchase
Let me start off by saying that your colors from the factory with this AOC is going to be off from that of a calibrated monitor. There is a slight pink/magenta-like hue to the overall color when I set it up against a Dell U2711. This is without any adjustments made yet.

After calibration with the Colormunki Photo, the screen still has this overall pink/magenta hue. Furthermore, the blacks are not nearly as deep, and on dark scenes, the borderless border can sort of stick out when viewed from an angle, since you will see when the border ends and the scene begins with that dark gray look. Maybe some fiddling around in the menus can bring the colors close, but it's left at sRGB Gamma 3 for now.

As for the panel itself, it's matte and looks very clean. There are no stuck/dead pixels upon arrival, and it's pleasing to see how much care was taken to the packaging. However, the edge of the screen does feel cheap and when pressed lightly, you see some light bleeding through, but it's tolerable, in my view. There is a slight bleed on the bottom-left corner that's more pronounced than the rest of the screen when viewed straight on, however, and it could just be my unit, so your mileage may vary. It's especially pronounced in Lightroom with lights off.

The panel itself is very thin and nice looking, even more so than the picture here suggests. It looks bulkier in pictures here than it does in real life, and with that nice brushed aluminum look to the base and the bottom of the frame, you see it more detailed. Where the actual panel stops and gets nested by the frame, there is a small groove that I'm afraid over time will get filled with dust and crud. I'll just have to be mindful of that and clean it regularly.

The stand looks nice and does a good job of holding up the unit, but given how light it is, there is a sense of instability even as I'm typing this review. The unit holds but it tends to rock back and forth, which I attribute to the size of the unit more than anything. It does a good enough job. Just don't expect it to be as stable as, say a 27" monitor, if that's something you've been used to.

There is a DisplayPort, HDMI, D-Sub, and speaker connection on the back. To my surprise, there's no DVI. Not sure why, but it's not there.

Overall, I wanted to like this monitor. For the price of a Samsung LT24B350ND (HDTV/Monitor in one), I chose this unit due to its IPS panel and good looks. There are slight bleeding around the edge and the panel is thinner than what I hoped for, but it's an IPS panel for under $200!

If nothing else, this is taking panels in the right direction by offering decent IPS for the cheap. I would only hope other manufacturers follow suit and bring down the cost of high quality displays for the near future.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 15, 2013
don't get me wrong this is a nice monitor...but if you want thin bezel, beware,,,watch this.. [...] than that it is a descent monitor with great picture ....
on November 22, 2013
Verified Purchase
This monitor seemed great at first (I was already expecting it to not be "edge to edge" as advertised.) After about 4 months of very light use the left side of the screen developed a pink tint and looked very pixelated. It seems other users are having the same issues. AOC replaced under warranty but it isn't cheap to ship the monitor to them and they only cover return shipping, so buyer beware.
on November 26, 2012
Verified Purchase
I bought this monitor to use in an eyefinity setup. I had two 23'' Asus V238 monitors and bought this to complete my display. Overall it will work fine, and is a better eyefinity display than most, but I am still very disappointed with there false advertising.

Pros-- It looks amazing, when its turned off.
Display to edge is still better than most.

Cons-- The bezel size doesn't matter when there is a black border on the screen.
The actual distance from display to edge is 7/16th of an inch, this is exactally the same as my Asus with the plastic bezel completely removed(versus 7/8th of an inch from the factory).
The marketing photos clearly show the picture going to the bezel, this is not even close to how it looks when turned on.
No mount, not to big a deal since my other monitors don't either with the plastic removed.
review image
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations