From The Manufacturer
Superior Equipment And Data Protection
APC Back-UPS 550
The Back-UPS provides abundant battery backup power, so you can work through medium length power outages. It safeguards your equipment against damaging surges and spikes that travel along utility and data lines. The Back-UPS also features automatic voltage regulation (AVR), which instantly adjusts high and low voltages to safe levels, so you can work indefinitely during brownouts and overvoltages.
The Back-UPS also includes unique features such as power-saving outlets that automatically turn off idle peripherals. A high efficiency charging system and "AVR Bypass" also reduce power consumption. With the rest of the Back-UPS's standard features, this is the perfect unit to protect your productivity from the constant threat of bad power and lost data.
- Battery failure notification
- Resettable circuit breaker
- Battery-protected and surge-only outlets
- Cold-start cable
- Hot-swappable batteries
- Disconnected battery notification
- Dataline surge protection
- Automatic self-test
- Audible alarms
- User-replaceable batteries
- USB connectivity
- Transformer-block spaced outlets
- Intelligent battery management
- Safety-agency approved
- Battery replacement without tools
- LED status indicators
APC By Schneider Electric Is Proud To Bring You The First Energy Star Qualified UPS Models
Acknowledged for meeting standardized energy efficiency requirements and passing the program's testing, the selected Smart-UPS and Back-UPS products have been recognized for their abilities to both save customers money while helping to protect the environment. In addition to delivering significant overall savings and providing critical, reliable functions within small to medium businesses and homes, the Schneider Electric Smart-UPS and Back-UPS were qualified by an independent laboratory on the following criteria to become marked as Energy Star.
Efficiency: UPS products considered must achieve operational efficiency in the top 25 percent of the market, thus allowing customers to realize lower electrical operating costs and a smaller carbon footprint.
Performance Tested: All UPS products are subject to the EPA's Energy Star test procedure.
Published Results: UPS products must achieve specific test results, including efficiencies at 25, 50, 75, and 100 percent loads, as well as no load losses and other characteristics which are published on the EPA's web site.
Energy Star Approved Products
Easy-To-Use Auto Shutdown Software With Power And Energy Management Features
PowerChute Personal Edition software provides safe system shutdown in the event of an extended power outage and prevents potential data corruption. Designed for exceptional usability, it provides first-time users with optimal protection based on APC industry-leading power management expertise. Users also have the option to tailor PowerChute settings for their individual circumstances. Energy cost and CO2 information provides a greater understanding of the energy consumed by protected equipment and energy plans enable cost savings. Note: Features vary by Back-UPS model and by operating system.
|Characteristics||BE350G || BE550G ||BE650G1 ||BE750G ||BR1000G || BR1300G ||BR1500G |
|User Replaceable Battery||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Automatic Battery Tests||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Energy Star Qualified||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Rated Power VA/Watts||200 Watts / 350 VA||330 Watts / 550 VA||390 Watts / 650 VA||450 Watts / 750 VA||600 Watts / 1000 VA||780 Watts / 1300 VA||865 Watts / 1500 VA|
|Number Of Outlets||6; 3 Battery Backup; 3 Surge Protection||8; 4 Battery Backup; 4 Surge Protection||8; 4 Battery Backup; 4 Surge Protection||10; 5 Battery Backup; 5 Surge Protection||8; 4 Battery Backup; 4 Surge Protection||10; 5 Battery Backup; 5 Surge Protection||10; 5 Battery Backup; 5 Surge Protection|
|Runtime At Half Load||6 min (100 Watts)||13 min (165 Watts)||12 min (225 Watts)||14 min (300 Watts)||14 min (300 Watts)||15 min (390 Watts)||13 min (432.5 Watts)|
|Runtime At Full Load||1 min (200 Watts)||3 min (330 Watts)||3 min (390 Watts)||2 min (450 Watts)||4 min (600 Watts)||5 min (780 Watts)||4 min (865 Watts)|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR)||✓||✓||✓|
|PowerChute Personal Edition Shutdown Software||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Back-UPS Features & Benefits
- Lighting And Surge Protection: protection from surges, spikes, and even lightning is guaranteed
- Resettable Circuit Breaker: instead of a hard to find fuse, there is a push-button circuit breaker for easy recovery from an overload or short circuit
- Audible Alarms: proactively notifies you of changing UPS and utility power conditions
- Automatic Self-Test: periodic battery self-test ensures early detection of a battery that needs to be replaced
- Transformer Block Spacing: designed to allow the use of up to two transformer block plugs without blocking access to other receptacles
- Output Power Capacity: 330 Watts / 550 VA
- Max Configurable Power: 330 Watts / 550 VA
- Nominal Output Voltage: 120V
- Output Frequency (sync to mains): 47 - 63 Hz
- Topology: Standby
- Waveform Type: Stepped approximation to a sinewave
- Output Power Capacity: 200 Watts / 350 VA
- Output Connections: (4) NEMA 5-15R (Battery Backup); (4) NEMA 5-15R (Surge Protection)
- Nominal Input Voltage: 120V
- Input Frequency: 50/60 Hz +/- 3 Hz (auto sensing)
- Input Connections: (4) NEMA 5-15R (Surge Protection)
- Cord Length: 1.83 meters
- Input Voltage Range For Main Operations: 88 - 139V
Batteries & Runtime
- Battery Type: Maintenance-free sealed Lead-Acid battery with suspended electrolyte : leakproof
- Typical Recharge Time*: 24 hours
- Replacement Battery: APCRBC110
- RBC Quantity: 1
This graph is based on actual measured runtime data. All measurements were taken with new, fully charged batteries and a balanced resistive load (PF = 1.0). Actual runtimes may vary from the values of this graph and are dependent on several variables including battery age, battery charge level, environmental conditions, and characteristics of the connected load.
Communications & Management
- Interface Port(s): USB
- Control Panel: LED status display with On Line, On Battery, Replace Battery, and Building Wiring Fault
- Audible Alarm: alarm when on battery and distinctive low battery alarm
Surge Protection & Filtering
- Surge Energy Rating: 340 Joules
- Full time multi-pole noise filtering
- 5% IEEE surge let-through
- Zero clamping response time
- Filtering meets UL 1449
- Data Line Protection: RJ45 10/100 Base-T Ethernet protection
- Maximum Height: 3.46 in.
- Maximum Width: 7.09 in.
- Maxiumum Depth: 11.89 in.
- Net Weight: 12.13 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 13.67 lbs.
- Shipping Height: 5.04 in.
- Shipping Width: 9.25 in.
- Shopping Depth: 15.47 in.
- Energy Star(USA)
- FCC Part 15 Class B
- FCC Part 68
- UL 1778
- UL 497A
- UL 497B
Sustainable Offer Status
- RoHS compliant
- REACH: Contains No SVHCs
*The time to recharge to 90% of full battery capacity following a discharge to shutdown using a load rated for 1/2 the full load rating of the UPS.