- Battery: 2 Maintenance-Free Sealed Lead-Acid Battery with Suspended Electrolyte
- Volts: 12
- Amp Hours: 7.2
- Lifecycle: 3-5 Years
- 1-Year Complete Coverage Warranty Included: Yes
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
APC RBC33 UPS Replacement Battery Cartridge
|Price:||$95.74 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$13.25 (12%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- BUY ONLY GENUINE APC PRODUCTS! For genuine APC by Schneider Electric Products from the manufacturer, buy only if the product says "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com"
- Genuine APC replacement battery cartridges (RBC) are tested and certified for compatibility to restore UPS performance to the original specifications.
- Includes all required connectors, Battery recycling guide, Installation guide, Reusable packaging
- RBC33 is compatible with many APC models including BR1500, BX1500, BX1500BP, SC1000 and more. See product page for complete list.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Replacement Battery Cartridge #33 at a glance:
- For UPS at home and small businesses supporting computers and network systems
- Compatibility with APC UPS devices
- Reliable battery for power spikes and outages
- Easy hot-swap installation without downtime
- Spill-free sealed battery uses recycled lead
The APC Replacement Battery Cartridge #33 fits selected APC Smart-UPS and Back-UPS models, restoring power back-up capacity for home offices, small businesses and IT departments. This replacement battery cartridge (RBC) has a lifetime of three to five years, offers safe and reliable support to the UPS, and extends the useful life of your UPS. The APC RBC #33 comes fully assembled and includes easy-to-follow replacement instructions, making hot-swap installation simple. APC RBCs are compliant with international regulations and safe for transport. They include instructions and reusable packaging with prepaid postage for safe disposal of old cartridges.
Replacement battery for home and small business systems
Home offices and small businesses can use the APC Replacement Battery Cartridge (RBC) #33 to allow their UPS to continue providing battery backup and surge protection for PCs, networks, and other important electronics.
Compatibility with UPS systems
Each APC RBC #33 is tested and approved by APC to restore the performance of UPS systems to the original operating specifications. This RBC conforms to safety regulations and maintains original UPS specifications and protection policies. The battery has an expected life of three to five years.
Fully Assembled for Easy Hot-Swap Installation
APC RBC #33 comes fully assembled with connections made with high-current, gas-tight crimps and fuses included, making hot-swap installation quick. No downtime is necessary in order to install the battery cartridges. Easy-to-follow replacement instructions are included.
Batteries & runtime
- Battery type: Maintenance-free sealed Lead-Acid battery with suspended electrolyte: leakproof
- Battery mounting: Enclosed battery cartridge
- Expected battery life (years): 3-5
- RBC quantity: 1
- Battery blocks per string: 2
Battery includes disposal instructions
The APC RBC #33 is a spill-free sealed lead acid battery, which makes it compliant with international regulations and safe for transport. Almost all the lead content in the battery is reused, helping to protect the environment from hazardous chemicals. It includes reusable packaging with prepaid postage and instructions on how to properly dispose of old cartridges with nearby recycling partners.
What's in the box?
APC Replacement Battery Cartridge #33, connectors, installation guide, battery recycling guide, and reusable packaging.
- Net weight: 11.73 lbs
- Maximum height: 7.75 in
- Maximum width: 5.88 in
- Maximum depth: 2.50 in
- Shipping weight: 13.00 lbs
- Shipping width: 9.00 in
- Shipping height: 12.00 in
- Shipping depth: 4.00 in
- Color: Charcoal
Top Customer Reviews
I purchased this model for my APC Back+UPS XS 1500; which is what the product description says it fits. My XS 1500 is several years old (purchased it at Circuit City back in the day), and apparently APC has kept the same name as the older models, but changed the design of the battery packs.
The issue is that in the older XS 1500, the two batteries that make up the pack are side-to-side, with the terminals at the top of each unit on the same plane. With the version shipping with this product purchase it's the same two batteries, but instead of side-to-side, they are top-end-to-top-end and held together with binding cover.
It only took a few minutes to disassemble the thing as received and put it together (with strong electrical tap binding the two batteries together) in a manner that fit the older unit. Once inserted and connected, it charged right up and my UPS is actually a UPS again.
Overall not a big issue for someone with just a little bit of tech saavy...but also not something the average user would want to deal with.
UPDATE: Time to order another one for my APC XS-1500. The item advertises 3-5 years battery life, and I'm just one month short of the 3 years mark. I'm not going to down-rate the product because of that, but wanted to warn others that this product is probably going to be on the low end of the battery longevity scale advertised.
What I would really like is for Amazon to give me a return label for these batteries and ship me the real APC batteries!
It fits the xs series only up to 'xs-1000', and certain other series' up to 1500. To top it off, Amazon does not allow returns on hazardous items.
You can fit it to the xs-1000 by:
1 cutting the tape/seal both sides, above & below adapter plate.
2 dis-assembling from wiring harness.
3 place batteries side-by-side, orient to match old batteries.
4 use jumper from old batteries to connect in series (+of one battery to -of other).
5 connect black cable to '-'
6 slide into the UPS, connecting red cable to '+' terminal when it reaches.
Be careful when using this as the actual model, because that will lead you to buying the RBC33. Better to open up your PowerChute application, click on Technical Data and note the "real" model, which in my case was "Back-UPS BX1500G". Using that would get you to the RBC124 which is correct.
Cannot return the battery (hazardous material)...what to do?
Simple...get yourself a utility knife, duct tape (or similar heavy duty tape). Take your old battery out and set it next to your new one. Then...
1. Cut the tape holding the two batteries together on the old one
2. Do the same for the new one
3. Gently pull the two batteries apart for each
4. Old battery first - disconnect the wires from the terminals on each of the two batteries being careful to keep the orientation of the middle plastic separator the same (helps get it right when moving to the new one)
5. Disconnect wires from terminals on each of the new battery (discard those wires and plastic separator
6. Place the old separator in between the 2 halves of the new battery
7. Connect the Red(Positive) to the Red connector and the Black (Negative) to the Black connector on one half
8. Repeat for the other half
9. While pressing the two halves together with the middle piece of the old battery in between, tape together where the halves meet. Make sure the batteries are lined up and there is no gap in the middle. It does not have to be perfect, just close.
10. To make removal easier next time, unstick the tabs from each of the older batteries and restick them in the same spot on the new one.
11. Gently drop in the new battery with the connector facing down, replace cover - you are good to go
12. Note to self - buy the right one next time :-)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Save hundreds over replacing the entire UPS. A battery and a few minutes was all that was needed. The enclosed instructions were easy to follow and the system was back up and... Read morePublished 8 days ago by Uncle Olaf
Bought this to replace the battery in my APC Back-Up RS1200 installed fast and works great!!Published 20 days ago by Robert Burr
It says that it includes pre-paid label for sending the old battery, but it does not!Published 1 month ago by GT-Force
keeps my computer backups running. replacing original - works greatPublished 2 months ago by Donald Nawrocki
I installed it in my UPS and let it charge for several hours. I wanted to run a test before I installed it in my rack, so I pulled the plug. It fried my UPS and began to smoke. Read morePublished 2 months ago by AS
The battery can quickly and worked great. Only reason I am not giving 5 starts is that the description includes the following statement from the manufacturer. Read morePublished 3 months ago by D.Karner