Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: APE: Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur-How to Publish a Book
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 20, 2016
This book is so packed with valuable information for the first time author who is trying to navigate the world of self publishing. Thanks Guy for helping all of us little guys out here!
on July 19, 2016
Good advice. Thorough. Although a little overwhelming. Definitely worth the read.
on July 3, 2016
Good product, as pictured, delivered on time.
on June 10, 2016
This is a great book for learning all about self publishing. Every writer should own a copy of this.
on May 6, 2016
This is a very comprehensive, detailed book. For me, it is totally overwhelming, because I have never done anything to do with writing or publishing. However, they cover all topics. It is up to me to get help understanding the technical, computer things. i have reached out to the Creative Writing dept. at one of the schools in town and they have been happy to help. I am reading this book for the second time and I am starting to get the hang of some of it. If you are more computer savvy, which wouldn't be difficult at all, that part will most likely be no problem for you. They did a great job and took the time to be as helpful as possible and I certainly appreciate that.
on April 21, 2016
Recently, at the beginning of my self-publishing journey, I was advised to first read Guy's APE-book.
Kawasaki and Welch had succeeded here with a practical step-by-step guide on how to produce a professional quality, "artisanal" published book. It's hard work, and intimidating: publishing a book. The fear factor has reduced significantly after the first reading. I've started with the second round of reading, following the steps, one by one.
on March 30, 2016
If you are serious about writing, self-publishing and promoting your first book and have no clue on how to go about it, then this book is absolutely a must read. The book is a treasure-troves of information covering all aspects of writing the book and making it available to it's prospective readers. If you really want to make the most of this book, make sure, you do not miss a single text of it. Every advice is pure gold!
on March 27, 2016
As I write this, I'm a first-time author. It's simultaneously exciting and terrifying. I'm flooded with questions, especially the arcane details of producing an ebook. APE is helping me with the perspective I need to go from my now edited manuscript through the minefield of getting my book properly designed, formatted and published, especially with the digital wood chipper that is the Amazon Kindle format.

Equally important is the marketing of my book. APE offers ideas and resources I've not seen anywhere else, by marketing expert Guy Kawasaki. While Guy has greater connections, clout, resources, and deeper pockets than I may ever have, he emphasizes guerrilla marketing,and shows how even an agile self-published author can put even the biggest publishing houses' marketing to shame.

I give APE five stars. For my needs, it's a must-have. My only quibbles have to do with some aspects of converting a richly designed layout correctly to an ebook, and on Guy's heavy reliance on using Google + as a social media tool. (My hunch is that at the time the book was produced, Guy was deeply in bed with Google to promote Google +, something I think he should have disclosed. Google has demoted Google + significantly, and today, I think there are better avenues for marketing.)

From writing your manuscript, to editing, designing the layout, formatting for print or various ebook formats, to distribution, publicity, and marketing, APE offers valuable lessons for a beginning or experienced author. It's an easy read, and makes even the most arcane topics within the book understandable. I highly recommend APE.
on March 26, 2016
Guy Kawasaki and Shawn Welch have collaborated on an extremely worthwhile book for aspiring and accomplished authors embarking on the journey to self publish. APE, How to Publish a Book presents, in appealing and organized form, authorship, publishing, and entrepreneurship as the necessary components for successful “Artisanal Publishing.” No matter where you are in the self-publishing process, with Guy’s and Shawn’s clear cut explanations of the variety and vagaries of the future of publishing, you’ll be well equipped to create your own success story.
I certainly have taken inspiration from them.
J. Morrill
Aspiring Author
on March 15, 2016
Excellent resource, well researched with good advice for self publishers