5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent smoked sea vegetable - good vegan bacon substitute
Published on July 11, 2010 by DeniseC

2.0 out of 5 stars Wrong item sent
The product is great when it is APPLEWOOD SMOKED DULSE, I was sent dulse flakes. NOT what I ordered, and Red Tag is not returning my calls re their error. Nice. Not dealing with Amazon anymore. Sick of this level of bad service. But of course, they got their little money off my card. I'm mad as Hades.
Published on July 9, 2012 by C.R.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent smoked sea vegetable - good vegan bacon substitute, July 11, 2010
This review is from: APPLEWOOD SMOKED DULSE 2 OZ (Misc.)
Dulse is a sea vegetable/seaweed that is delicious and healthy - a good source of minerals and vital iodine. I haven't bought smoked dulse through Amazon, yet, having bought it from the Maine Coast Sea Vegetables company a few years ago. It has a lovely salty smoked flavor with a soft and chewy texture. Since choosing to avoid animal products and becoming vegan, I snack on it when I'm craving something salty and smoky like bacon or ham. It is delicious and satisfying. Fried in a bit of oil, it crisps up and makes a pretty good substitute for bacon to crumble in a salad, to make a vegetarian "BLT" sandwich or use other dishes that usually includes bacon or ham. One gets better nutrition (including vital iodine) than with bacon or ham. I've nearly used up what I had bought and my local Whole Foods doesn't carry it. I'll be looking to Amazon to replenish my supply, soon.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wrong item sent, July 9, 2012
This review is from: APPLEWOOD SMOKED DULSE 2 OZ (Misc.)

APPLEWOOD SMOKED DULSE 2 OZ