Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on May 16, 2013
This is initial ("first impressions") review, will return with more data once I wear it for a while.
The watch arrived on time in good condition - the little gift box it was in was a very nice touch. The watch was covered in plastic shrink wrap which was relatively hard to remove: I suggest using small scissors or (carefully) small blade to cut the wrap (it is very sticky/elastic so it does not want to break apart). The look of the bracelet and watch body does not say 'quality', which is the main reason for giving this item 4 instead of 5 stars (but what would you expect for $10 anyway?)
Brief instruction manual is attached, but it is written in 'Chinese-English', so I understand that some non-technical users feel confused. Here is the Cliff Notes version:
1. Press top button once to see the time. If the top left digit shows tick symbol (or number one with tick symbol) it means PM.
2. Press top button again to see month and date.
3. Press top button third time to see seconds.
4. While time is displayed, press bottom button to set the watch. The first time you press it, current hour setting will blink. Each subsequent press of bottom button will make minutes, month, date, year and 24/12 hour settings flash.
5. While the setting you want to change blinks, press top button to change it. When done, press bottom button to move to the next setting and change it if needed.
6. When all changes are done, press bottom button a couple of times - till nothing blinks. The watch should display month/date for a moment and turn display off.
The digits on the display should be clearly visible in typical room (home or office), but will be impossible to see in bright sunlight - you will have to cover the watch partially with the other hand to see the time.
I'm concerned that the black enamel (paint?) on the bracelet will scratch easily, but we shall see. The clasp is a little finicky - I recommend putting your index finger underneath and open/close it with your thumb. The band size was OK for me, but links can be removed if needed - search Amazon for "watch band link remover" or go to the nearest watch repair/jewelry store to do it (this service will probably cost you more than the watch itself, though).
The watch uses one lithium CR2016 battery - if you have to buy them at the store, buy at least two-pack. Amazon also has bulk packaged 2016s - good idea to buy them this way because this watch will probably eat them like a good snack :) I have used Energizer and Sony CR2016 multi-packs from Amazon and they were good - 'no name' batteries usually last much shorter than brand names. If you ever replaced watch battery yourself, this one should not be a problem; otherwise ask the specialist.
To sum up - this watch should be a nice conversation piece - at least for a while. How it performs in long run - we shall see.
0Comment30 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 29, 2012
This watch came without instructions on how to program it but was so easy to use it didn't matter. It is really a sharp looking watch. Has some heft to it! I really like it.
on May 18, 2013
I got this watch thinking it was worth the risk of being let down because it didn't cost that much. Not at all the case. The watch is great. Would recommend to others.
on February 23, 2013
Once again, sense all my electronics light up blue, this was a must have for me. When the watch arrived I must have pressed that damn light up button over a hundred times because of its badassery. The next day at work I had lines of people to get a glimpse of it. Heck it even got me laid!
33 comments58 of 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 1, 2012
The watch is exactly like the picture, it's a nice color, bright lighting of the numbers and it works great! great buy, great gift.
on April 17, 2013
After receiving it quickly it didn't disappoint. Stylish but not cheap looking or cheaply made. The led read out is bright and comfortable to wear.
I'm getting one for my wife now. For the price and quality you just can't go wrong with this one.
on January 19, 2013
Mine arrived with printed instructions and is made of metal with a strong latch. This one will not fall off! I think I figured out why some people say its not keeping time. The buttons are very easy to depress. They engage with the slightest touch. Maybe bad if you have chubby wrists or clothes that would touch the buttons. I have neither and it keeps time perfect.
on November 23, 2014
When I received this, it did not work. I had to go to a jeweler and put in a $10 battery. It still did not work properly and I had to take it apart and reset the mechanism in the casing so that the buttons would work, which meant that I had to make a wedge of sorts so that everything would line up. Also, the picture of this watch gives the impression that it is somewhat flat all over. This is not the case. The area that houses the actual watch is considerably thicker the the band, which is not accurately depicted in the photograph. I didn't expect much because of the price, but I did expect it to function without extra work. However, the band is pretty hefty and it is a great conversation piece.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 27, 2014
Got this for my husband for Christmas and Id say we like it but can tell its not the best quality. He has a pretty normal size wrist and its large-ish on him. The buttons do look cool when you turn them on, though. You have to push the button to have the numbers come up though, so when you don't it just looks like a black bracelete which is also kinda neat. Shipping took a month and I had to contact the seller a couple times to ask where this was because he didn't provide a tracking number. He was very courteous but couldn't give me much information...lol. Luckily, though, it got here Christmas eve. Hopefully it stands the test of time!
review image
on December 8, 2014
watch finally arrived and i freaking love it so far i was about to just go get a smart watch to pair up to my phone so i can just be up to date with things time wise at my job, but i figured why waste 100+ dollars on a watch when i can just keep my phone in pocket and use a watch that keeps me from killing my already power hungry phone's battery. but that aside this is a good watch fits perfect on my caveman looking wrist it has a certain style to it, the pics for it don't do it justice it looks wayyy better in person.... and on your wrist. the delivery was long but i think that was due to it being lost in transport somehow. but the watch is perfect for me... it may not be a rolex or some other over priced expensive wrist trinket but i can tell you the time accurate every time you ask lol